• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ESPN Lays Off 100 On Air Personalities

NYR2711

As reported by CNN, ESPN plans to lay off 100 on-air personalities and writers, a source tells CNN.

?These decisions impact talented people who have done great work for our company,? he wrote. ?I would like to thank all of them for their efforts and their many contributions to ESPN." Said ESPN President.

Among them, Pierre LeBrun, Joe McDonald and Scott Burnside and many other great journalists won?t be covering their respective sports.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-shocking-news-regarding-many-nhl-top-insiders/?ref=seb

Im sure these guys won't be out of work for a while, but it does suck, especially with the draft, the expansion draft and free agency.

ESPN sucks....Havent watched Sportscenter since Patrick/Olbermann. Only thing I will watch on ESPN is 30 for 30, E:60, NFL Football, occasionally Sports Reporters, and MLB baseball.

Buccigross I think is the only hockey guy left on the station but his contract ends in July.

Stephen A. Smith makes me not want to turn on ESPN.

ESPN sucks....Havent watched Sportscenter since Patrick/Olbermann. Only thing I will watch on ESPN is 30 for 30, E:60, NFL Football, occasionally Sports Reporters, and MLB baseball.

Buccigross I think is the only hockey guy left on the station but his contract ends in July.

Stephen A. Smith makes me not want to turn on ESPN.

I can't stand Smith, he's the biggest racist out there

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

The industry is changing, so layoffs are to be expected, but this was a bloodletting. Absolutely insane.

The industry is changing, but ESPN is the only station here in the states that is totally spots oriented with specific shows and not showing mostly games. They have no competition here in the states, and it got boring to watch their channel. They have what 5 or 6 channels, they over did it a bit in my opinion. They got boring and they rarely talked hockey. They should have came out with better programing and dropped one or 2 channels, or used these guys more instead of firing them. I haven't watched ESPN in years, and I wish we had better sports channels here in the states.

The industry is changing, but ESPN is the only station here in the states that is totally spots oriented with specific shows and not showing mostly games. They have no competition here in the states, and it got boring to watch their channel. They have what 5 or 6 channels, they over did it a bit in my opinion. They got boring and they rarely talked hockey. They should have came out with better programing and dropped one or 2 channels, or used these guys more instead of firing them. I haven't watched ESPN in years, and I wish we had better sports channels here in the states.

Their main competition is the internet, everything you can get sports wise is pretty immediate. you dont need to wait and watch ESPNews or Sportscenter for highlights and analysis of a game. You can just go on twitter, or any of the various online sports league websites and get whatever info you want in like .3 seconds instead of waiting for the 11:00 Sportscenter or every 20 minutes waiting for ESPNews.

And their is plenty of competition on tv for ESPN. MLB Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, SNY, YES, FS1, etc....... You dont have to go to ESPN for football info, you just flip on the NFL Network. NFL Countdown sucks, maybe will be better now w/o Chris Berman, but I watch NFL Network for their pre-game show. I havent watched Baseball Tonight in years, I'll watch MLB Network for baseball highlights.

Their main competition is the internet, everything you can get sports wise is pretty immediate. you dont need to wait and watch ESPNews or Sportscenter for highlights and analysis of a game. You can just go on twitter, or any of the various online sports league websites and get whatever info you want in like .3 seconds instead of waiting for the 11:00 Sportscenter or every 20 minutes waiting for ESPNews.

And their is plenty of competition on tv for ESPN. MLB Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, SNY, YES, FS1, etc....... You dont have to go to ESPN for football info, you just flip on the NFL Network. NFL Countdown sucks, maybe will be better now w/o Chris Berman, but I watch NFL Network for their pre-game show. I havent watched Baseball Tonight in years, I'll watch MLB Network for baseball highlights.

Watching NFL Network, MLB Network, NHL Network aren't really competition because those are channels you pay extra for, where ESPN is part of most basic packages on TV, and also, ESPN, you can talk about all sports in the same program. I agree with you on the internet, thats where I get most of my sports news from, but you look at Canada where they have two sports channels that go head to head, they are forced to have good programing where ESPN has no one to go against. FS1, SNY and YES are local channels that only talk about local teams where ESPN talks about all teams. If you move from out of state and say root for the Red Sock, none of those channels will talk about your team, so your not gonna watch them, where ESPN will and you'll be more inclines to watch it. Plus, you can leave ESPN on and not have to sit there and watch it, you can do things and listen. I can't stand New York Sports Radio, so I refuse to listen to it because most callers say the dumbest things or the hosts say stupid things. Plus, with the internet, you had guys like Lebrun and Burnside who were major on line contributors who were fired.

NHL Network bruh.

Archived