Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Will We Pick?

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Ok, so lot of talk about Fast's value lately. What if Kovacs or Stromwall can become the next Fast? Is having a young, hungry defensively responsible guy, that can still chip in 20-30 points for under $1M or valuable than hoping a UFA will be fill the role for money? Right now we're paying Fast and Lindberg $1.6M and that's probably half the price compared to if we had veteran UFA in those spots.
    Neither Kovacs nor Stromwall had an impact in the American League last year. They're young, but they're years off from having impact at an NHL level.

I agree with the idea though, and that's why you draft these prospects and develop them. Getting ELC players to contribute is how successful teams manage the cap. There's still opportunity to see this from Nieves, Tambo or Kovacs. Even some of the NCAA signings.

But the issue is you don't know what you're going to get with a young prospect. When you pay extra for a UFA, you know what you're going to be getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Fast was a top scorer on his team in the SHL at Stromwall's age and then followed that season up with a .7 ppg in the AHL. Stromwall had 6 points over 44 games in the AHL. The chances of Stromwall progressing towards being Fast are slim. Fast changed his game from being a skill player to being a role player and did so really well. Stromwall hasn't even exhibited the ability to be a skilled player and doesn't remotely have fast's defensive pedigree.

I only watch FOREIGN films Bantam Division Steven.'s Avatar
    Get me Brannstrom or Lilegren. I expect us to pick another North American in round one, though, and in that case, get me Robert Thomas.

It feels nice to look forward to the draft for once.
    Hidden Content

"TV is a nickname, nicknames are friends, and television is no friend of mine."

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    At least for the first round...then we have to wait until the fourth. But hey, at least we have the first this time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123