Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 234

Thread: Rangers v. Senators General Series Discussion

  1. #41
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    32
    you cannot ask for better here. we play the way we closed out 5/6 and we'll take this series.

    i don't see a cake walk as this is playoff hockey and the heart of the players is too big but how can you not be the Rangers and look to take advantage of the opportunity given the pens/caps series. guarantee whoever loses that series, you'll see the top management of the losing team bitching about the playoff seeds

  2. #42
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    1,253
    Rep Power
    3
    Rangers in 6
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  3. #43
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    thecurse0101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Budd Lake NJ
    Posts
    1,656
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    At least the Rangers wont have to face Chris Neil, but then again Ottawa has that other punk Alex Burrows
    Fuck burrows
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    This.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

    BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

  4. #44
    Junior Member Mite Division Don't Stepan Matteau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    5
    The main thing I'm concerned about is Ottawa clogging the neutral zone with their 1-3-1 not allowing the Rangers to generate the speed game from going north-south . It requires our d to make accurate short passes and actually maintain puck possession into the o-zone at times when the pass isn't there, which is a big disadvantage for guys like Girardi and Staal and puts a lot of pressure on Smith and Holden. McDonaugh and Skeij are the only two d-man I'm confident can consistently exploit their trap and if the others turn the puck over like they have in past Ott can blitz Hank as our forwards press for the stretch pass. It would be a really good spot to insert Clendenning, but we know that's not going to happen at least early in the series.

    On the flip side if we chip and chase like we did the last three games against MTl our forward depth is going to be too much for Ott to handle. The Bruins did a decent job despite being down 4 damn, although McAvoy's game excels against an Ott type system and he played phenomenal. I can forsee the Rangers dominating possession for large stretches, but we are going to need Hank to make those huge stops when the d gives up the odd man rush off of turnovers which can change the game in an instant.

    This series could be done in 5 if AV makes the appropriate changes early enough. Buchnevich, Vesey, zucc, Nash, and Miller can dominate this series if they maintain the puck in the o zone like they are capable. Need Hayes, Zeb, and Step to not over play their game and be smart as pivots to get pucks deep and beat the trap in the neutral zone. As a result I don't expect many breakouts for the rangers, but ck and grabner could still be big decoys to push back an extra Ott defender from the neutral zone.

    Rangers in 6, because you know they are going to have at least one dud game and one game where they fail to adjust and the trap beats them.

  5. #45
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    I think they have the lowest goal total of all 8 playoff teams. I'm also not overly impresses with what they did against a banged up Bruins blue line.
    No, their offense isn't great. But it's not like we're going to score 4 goals a game against them. We only scored more than 2 against Montreal twice, not counting the ENG.

    This series will, be exactly like the MTL series in terms of goals scored. Having two lines that can score instead of one makes Ottawa a lot more dangerous.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Faiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    21
    Hopefully the low scoring in the MTL series was a result of Price and not Rangers lack of offense. Scoring only 2 goals a game is not going to cut it if they want to make a serious run for the cup.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I agree. This is gonna be a rough series. IMO, Ottawa is a tougher team to play against than Montreal. Anderson has been great against the Rangers this season.


    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They're better than Montreal because they have more than two guys who can score.

    They only have like 4, but still.
    Interesting analysis

    If they were better than Montreal, how come they finished with 98 points to Montreal's 103 points?



    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    19
    @SteveZipay: #NYR vs. Senators announcers: Game 1: Forslund/Boucher; Game 2: Forslund/Boucher; Game 3: Strader/McGuire; Game 4: Forslund/McGuire.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division leetchy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    8
    Damn. I hate Forslund & Strader, but then again getting tired of Emrick too. Would love Kenny Albert or Chris Cuthbert.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division leetchy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    8
    I see a lot of 2-1 games in this series. I think if the Rangers can stay out of the penalty box and remain patient they can win this series in 6.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,768
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They're better than Montreal because they have more than two guys who can score.

    They only have like 4, but still.
    With that being said... How many do the Rangers have?

  12. #52
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    6
    Is Chris Neil not with the Sens. anymore?
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 04-25-2017 at 06:56 AM.

  13. #53
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Interesting analysis

    If they were better than Montreal, how come they finished with 98 points to Montreal's 103 points?
    Carey Price is good for 5 points in a season, for starters.

  14. #54
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,457
    Rep Power
    63
    Is there any reason the Rangers shouldn't Target Karlsson's foot?
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  15. #55
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Carey Price is good for 5 points in a season, for starters.
    So I guess we agree that MTL is better, then

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  16. #56
    Exiled from Connecticut Squirt Division TheDozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Is Chris Neil not with the Sens. anymore?
    Healthy scratch in the playoffs. His last appearance was April 9, I believe.

  17. #57
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,929
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Is there any reason the Rangers shouldn't Target Karlsson's foot?
    Firing squad right at it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  18. #58
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDozen View Post
    Healthy scratch in the playoffs. His last appearance was April 9, I believe.
    Thanks.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,457
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Stepan Matteau View Post
    The main thing I'm concerned about is Ottawa clogging the neutral zone with their 1-3-1 not allowing the Rangers to generate the speed game from going north-south . It requires our d to make accurate short passes and actually maintain puck possession into the o-zone at times when the pass isn't there, which is a big disadvantage for guys like Girardi and Staal and puts a lot of pressure on Smith and Holden. McDonaugh and Skeij are the only two d-man I'm confident can consistently exploit their trap and if the others turn the puck over like they have in past Ott can blitz Hank as our forwards press for the stretch pass. It would be a really good spot to insert Clendenning, but we know that's not going to happen at least early in the series.

    On the flip side if we chip and chase like we did the last three games against MTl our forward depth is going to be too much for Ott to handle. The Bruins did a decent job despite being down 4 damn, although McAvoy's game excels against an Ott type system and he played phenomenal. I can forsee the Rangers dominating possession for large stretches, but we are going to need Hank to make those huge stops when the d gives up the odd man rush off of turnovers which can change the game in an instant.

    This series could be done in 5 if AV makes the appropriate changes early enough. Buchnevich, Vesey, zucc, Nash, and Miller can dominate this series if they maintain the puck in the o zone like they are capable. Need Hayes, Zeb, and Step to not over play their game and be smart as pivots to get pucks deep and beat the trap in the neutral zone. As a result I don't expect many breakouts for the rangers, but ck and grabner could still be big decoys to push back an extra Ott defender from the neutral zone.

    Rangers in 6, because you know they are going to have at least one dud game and one game where they fail to adjust and the trap beats them.
    Good post. I bold that one segment because that's the only way the Rangers can win ANY series in the playoffs. Part of the reason game 3 was such a mess was because it was an individual effort. Too many guys were getting stood up at the blue line and never being able to establish offensive zone time. They must dump and chase. Period.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  20. #60
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So I guess we agree that MTL is better, then

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    In a playoff series, no.

    Especially not against the Rangers.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •