Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Senators General Series Discussion

Senior Member Midget Division
    you cannot ask for better here. we play the way we closed out 5/6 and we'll take this series.

i don't see a cake walk as this is playoff hockey and the heart of the players is too big but how can you not be the Rangers and look to take advantage of the opportunity given the pens/caps series. guarantee whoever loses that series, you'll see the top management of the losing team bitching about the playoff seeds

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Rangers in 6
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    At least the Rangers wont have to face Chris Neil, but then again Ottawa has that other punk Alex Burrows
    Fuck burrows
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    This.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

Junior Member Mite Division Don't Stepan Matteau's Avatar
    The main thing I'm concerned about is Ottawa clogging the neutral zone with their 1-3-1 not allowing the Rangers to generate the speed game from going north-south . It requires our d to make accurate short passes and actually maintain puck possession into the o-zone at times when the pass isn't there, which is a big disadvantage for guys like Girardi and Staal and puts a lot of pressure on Smith and Holden. McDonaugh and Skeij are the only two d-man I'm confident can consistently exploit their trap and if the others turn the puck over like they have in past Ott can blitz Hank as our forwards press for the stretch pass. It would be a really good spot to insert Clendenning, but we know that's not going to happen at least early in the series.

On the flip side if we chip and chase like we did the last three games against MTl our forward depth is going to be too much for Ott to handle. The Bruins did a decent job despite being down 4 damn, although McAvoy's game excels against an Ott type system and he played phenomenal. I can forsee the Rangers dominating possession for large stretches, but we are going to need Hank to make those huge stops when the d gives up the odd man rush off of turnovers which can change the game in an instant.

This series could be done in 5 if AV makes the appropriate changes early enough. Buchnevich, Vesey, zucc, Nash, and Miller can dominate this series if they maintain the puck in the o zone like they are capable. Need Hayes, Zeb, and Step to not over play their game and be smart as pivots to get pucks deep and beat the trap in the neutral zone. As a result I don't expect many breakouts for the rangers, but ck and grabner could still be big decoys to push back an extra Ott defender from the neutral zone.

Rangers in 6, because you know they are going to have at least one dud game and one game where they fail to adjust and the trap beats them.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    I think they have the lowest goal total of all 8 playoff teams. I'm also not overly impresses with what they did against a banged up Bruins blue line.
    No, their offense isn't great. But it's not like we're going to score 4 goals a game against them. We only scored more than 2 against Montreal twice, not counting the ENG.

This series will, be exactly like the MTL series in terms of goals scored. Having two lines that can score instead of one makes Ottawa a lot more dangerous.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Hopefully the low scoring in the MTL series was a result of Price and not Rangers lack of offense. Scoring only 2 goals a game is not going to cut it if they want to make a serious run for the cup.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I agree. This is gonna be a rough series. IMO, Ottawa is a tougher team to play against than Montreal. Anderson has been great against the Rangers this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They're better than Montreal because they have more than two guys who can score.

They only have like 4, but still.
    Interesting analysis

If they were better than Montreal, how come they finished with 98 points to Montreal's 103 points?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    @SteveZipay: #NYR vs. Senators announcers: Game 1: Forslund/Boucher; Game 2: Forslund/Boucher; Game 3: Strader/McGuire; Game 4: Forslund/McGuire.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division leetchy2's Avatar
    Damn. I hate Forslund & Strader, but then again getting tired of Emrick too. Would love Kenny Albert or Chris Cuthbert.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division leetchy2's Avatar
    I see a lot of 2-1 games in this series. I think if the Rangers can stay out of the penalty box and remain patient they can win this series in 6.

Senior Member Midget Division
    They're better than Montreal because they have more than two guys who can score.

They only have like 4, but still.
    With that being said... How many do the Rangers have?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Is Chris Neil not with the Sens. anymore?
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 04-25-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Interesting analysis

If they were better than Montreal, how come they finished with 98 points to Montreal's 103 points?
    Carey Price is good for 5 points in a season, for starters.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Is there any reason the Rangers shouldn't Target Karlsson's foot?
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Carey Price is good for 5 points in a season, for starters.
    So I guess we agree that MTL is better, then

Exiled from Connecticut Squirt Division TheDozen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Is Chris Neil not with the Sens. anymore?
    Healthy scratch in the playoffs. His last appearance was April 9, I believe.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Is there any reason the Rangers shouldn't Target Karlsson's foot?
    Firing squad right at it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDozen View Post
    Healthy scratch in the playoffs. His last appearance was April 9, I believe.
    Thanks.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Stepan Matteau View Post
    The main thing I'm concerned about is Ottawa clogging the neutral zone with their 1-3-1 not allowing the Rangers to generate the speed game from going north-south . It requires our d to make accurate short passes and actually maintain puck possession into the o-zone at times when the pass isn't there, which is a big disadvantage for guys like Girardi and Staal and puts a lot of pressure on Smith and Holden. McDonaugh and Skeij are the only two d-man I'm confident can consistently exploit their trap and if the others turn the puck over like they have in past Ott can blitz Hank as our forwards press for the stretch pass. It would be a really good spot to insert Clendenning, but we know that's not going to happen at least early in the series.

On the flip side if we chip and chase like we did the last three games against MTl our forward depth is going to be too much for Ott to handle. The Bruins did a decent job despite being down 4 damn, although McAvoy's game excels against an Ott type system and he played phenomenal. I can forsee the Rangers dominating possession for large stretches, but we are going to need Hank to make those huge stops when the d gives up the odd man rush off of turnovers which can change the game in an instant.

This series could be done in 5 if AV makes the appropriate changes early enough. Buchnevich, Vesey, zucc, Nash, and Miller can dominate this series if they maintain the puck in the o zone like they are capable. Need Hayes, Zeb, and Step to not over play their game and be smart as pivots to get pucks deep and beat the trap in the neutral zone. As a result I don't expect many breakouts for the rangers, but ck and grabner could still be big decoys to push back an extra Ott defender from the neutral zone.

Rangers in 6, because you know they are going to have at least one dud game and one game where they fail to adjust and the trap beats them.
    Good post. I bold that one segment because that's the only way the Rangers can win ANY series in the playoffs. Part of the reason game 3 was such a mess was because it was an individual effort. Too many guys were getting stood up at the blue line and never being able to establish offensive zone time. They must dump and chase. Period.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So I guess we agree that MTL is better, then

In a playoff series, no.

Especially not against the Rangers.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast