Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brendan Smith Needs to be Re-Signed

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    He deserves .5 more for fighting Phaneuf
    True dat. He looked good vs. Phaneuf who's a tough dude.

//reported Junior Division
    Fuck Phaneuf
    Predators > Anaheim > Pens/Sens >>>>>>>>>> NYR Hidden Content

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    It is important for the Rangers to keep impending unrestricted free agent Brendan Smith, who was impressive through most of the playoffs and is perfect for the second pair on the right across from Brady Skjei, the freshman who is probably the most untouchable asset on the roster. Figure four or five years at between $4 million-$4.5 million per for the 28-year-old Smith.
    http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/whats-n...ook-at-roster/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Thought he was the worst player on the ice on Game 6.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He looked like he was playing concussed
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Indeed. Thankfully, the Rangers won't be making a decision based on one bad game.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Well sure, but his body of work isn't anything special. He wasn't exactly highly regarded coming over.

I'd still rate him higher than Girardi/Staal, and I'd be happy to have him back but it all depends on the dollars

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I'm fine with giving him that amount. He has a nastiness this team has been missing on the blue line. Plus, I like how he and Skjei play together.

Senior Member Mite Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    If it's $4M+, I walk. As much as I want to re sign him and I think he is a good fit, I don't think the grit you would expect from all D men (generally speaking) is worth overpaying for. His production doesn't warrant that much, and being able to move the puck out the defensive zone is something I expect of all D men in this league. $3.25-3.75M x3 sign me up though. I do hope he stays, made a big impression.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    McD probably was even worse. Just the play he did with under 10 min of the 3rd, where he fanned on a pass with no pressure and ended up taking a penalty because of it, makes me still mad thinking about it.

As for Smith I would take him back, but not for 4,5m x5 years, thats too much. At most 4m x4 years, without any NTC/NMC.

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Fuck Phaneuf
    I likes me the ladies. You fuck him.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by pws85nyr View Post
    If it's $4M+, I walk. As much as I want to re sign him and I think he is a good fit, I don't think the grit you would expect from all D men (generally speaking) is worth overpaying for. His production doesn't warrant that much, and being able to move the puck out the defensive zone is something I expect of all D men in this league. $3.25-3.75M x3 sign me up though. I do hope he stays, made a big impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    McD probably was even worse. Just the play he did with under 10 min of the 3rd, where he fanned on a pass with no pressure and ended up taking a penalty because of it, makes me still mad thinking about it.

As for Smith I would take him back, but not for 4,5m x5 years, thats too much. At most 4m x4 years, without any NTC/NMC.
    Agreed. Lets try to break out of the overpaying defense mentality. I would prefer to stay under 4m with 4m being the max.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Smith is Klein two years ago. And like Klein, I'd expect he has about two good years left before his decline is noticeable, if not sharp. Not a penny north of $3M, and not a year longer than 3. I don't expect him to take either of those things at this point in his career, so he will likely move on somewhere else.

First trade deadline acquisition in a lot of years who I think was worth every penny in assets we paid for, though.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Smith is Klein two years ago. And like Klein, I'd expect he has about two good years left before his decline is noticeable, if not sharp. Not a penny north of $3M, and not a year longer than 3. I don't expect him to take either of those things at this point in his career, so he will likely move on somewhere else.

First trade deadline acquisition in a lot of years who I think was worth every penny in assets we paid for, though.
    Hard to justify giving up a 2nd and a 3rd on a player we dont resign tho. If we had won the cup, sure, but I cant see it being worth every penny if we just gonna let him walk now. If he comes back at 3.5m x3-4 then I love the trade.

All depends on what he demands tho. As I said, not more then 4m, he's not that good.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Fuck Phaneuf
    Nicely done
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post

This x1000

There's no shot in hell I'd give him four or five years. I'm less afraid of the AAV, more the term. Three years, $11M, give or take, should do it.

This is another situation where they should be telling him "if you want to be here, this is our offer. If not, thank you for your time and best of luck."
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123