Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Maloney on WFAN with Joe and Evan

Senior Member Junior Division

Dave Maloney on WFAN with Joe and Evan

4-19

- There wasnt a belief in Rangers management, locker room that Henrik Lundqvist career is on the downswing, he's been the most important Ranger the last 10 years, every player has a blip in their career
    - Lundqvist has been the Rangers best player the last 12 years, he can't score too, he wont be the reason why the Rangers may not win the Stanley Cup in his career
    - Buch was pretty good last night, if he can play the line up is more skilled, Grabs becomes a 4th line player with Fast/Lindberg, Buch has to show he can play in the playoffs b/c the ice is smaller
    - The Rangers have difficulty coming up ice on the PP, not sure if their is a pure PPQB, question is whether McD can make a play as a PPQB, its the missing link, lack someone taking charge on the PP and being a little too cute
    - No problems with frontier justice that happens on the ice, do what you have to do, give what you have to give, Radulov's chop was egregious, its upon the officials to keep a closer eye on the players that would cause trouble (Ott, Shaw, Glass)
    - Gallagher is the type of player you hate to play against, love to have on your team
    - Hope the Rangers play like they have in Games 1,2, and 4
    - Rangers handed Habs Game 3, dont gift wrap a game
    - Does not know why the Rangers suck at home
    - Start of game is very important, won 2 faceoffs, first 2 shots on goal, got the crowd into the game

//reported Junior Division
    Thanks again dude!

Re: McD vs. a pure PPQB - Hello Kevin Shattenkirk
    Re: Buch - really hope he plays game 5. I didn't get to see much of game 4, so it'd be a delight to see what he might have in store.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm learning to respect Gallagher more and more after watching this series. That guy really plays. Hate having him play against us but he causes more chaos than any player on the ice every game. Very impressed with him.

He's a more skilled Sean Avery... more of a pest than dirty.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    He's a more skilled Sean Avery... more of a pest than dirty.
    He's basically Ryan Callahan

I fucking love Gallagher. Yeah, he's annoying, but he's more of a bull than Zuccarello. I respect the hell out of his game and I wonder what his contract statues is....

*checks*

Fuck
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    I think he is signed through 2021 or 2022. Somewhere around 3.75 or 4 mill
    Shoot the puck!

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Yeah I'm likewise gaining a grudging respect for Gallagher.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Fuck that guy.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Fuck that guy.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    This.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    He's basically Ryan Callahan
    Except miles better.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

I wouldn't say so

At least Callahan during his prime

Callahan had a two-year prime and a quick fall from grace. Gallagher will be a valuable player for a longer period.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm loving Ott. Frikken dude is hilarious. This Rangers team need such an attitude.

If only it came in, you know, a good hockey player. Which Ott is not.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Callahan had a two-year prime and a quick fall from grace. Gallagher will be a valuable player for a longer period.
    ?

Callahan has scored 20 goals in 4 times and would have done it 4 out of 5 years in a row if not for the lockout. In the 09, 10, 11 seasons, he had 68 goals in 181 games, which averages to 30 goals per year. He was basically a 25-30 goal guy for 6 years if not for injuries and the lockout.

People remember how hard of a game Cally played but that kind of dulls the fact that he was a really good player.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Callahan was good around the net but not much else. Needs to be paired with guys who can possess the puck, just like Gallagher. I think the comparison is valid. I do think Gallagher is a bit better than Cally was, but let's also remember that Cally also played heavier than Gallagher. Gallagher is annoying and tenacious, but he's not throwing giant hits on anyone.

5/4

- Devastation after Game 2 was significant, NYR were shell-shocked
    - AV stayed the course
    - NYR played most playoff games since 2012
    - NYR show an incredible ability to move on after a loss
    - Zibs best game as a Ranger in Game 3
    - Zuccarello is a guy that just goes and goes and goes
    - Glass can play in more situations, play at the end of a period, kill a penalty, more situations than Buch can play
    - If Glass continues to play that means its going well, if he's coming out of the lineup that is indicative that the Rangers are not going well
    - Glass brings spirit, one for all-all for one
    - The PPs this day in age isnt as significant as in the past, dumb penalty by Kreider, cant self-inflict wounds
    - The position of Goalie is light years better
    - Smith/Skjei have been good, when WSH made the deal for Shattenkirk it forced Gorton hand to add depth to the blue line, he came with the reputation that he plays with a little bite, anyone that comes around the net would pay the price, he is an UFA his price is improving every day
    - Skjei is the real deal, tremendous skater, encouraging thing for the NYR what he's doing for them

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    5/4

- AV stayed the course
    - Glass can play in more situations, play at the end of a period, kill a penalty, more situations than Buch can play
    - If Glass continues to play that means its going well, if he's coming out of the lineup that is indicative that the Rangers are not going well

- The PPs this day in age isnt as significant as in the past, dumb penalty by Kreider, cant self-inflict wounds
    - Smith/Skjei have been good, when WSH made the deal for Shattenkirk it forced Gorton hand to add depth to the blue line, he came with the reputation that he plays with a little bite, anyone that comes around the net would pay the price, he is an UFA his price is improving every day
    - Skjei is the real deal, tremendous skater, encouraging thing for the NYR what he's doing for them
    That's an interesting viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    5/4

- AV stayed the course
    Don't see how this is true. Buch can play up the lineup and on the PP. They play completely different roles and situations.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast