Poll: Star of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 401 to 413 of 413

Thread: [ECQF] (#4) Rangers v. Montréal Canadiens // So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?

  1. #401
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Well the lows get real low here. Now they win and it's not good enough. Yes, long way to go, but there's still hockey discussion to be had.
    Great point Mikey

    A win is a win. A playoff win playing good hockey is a big win

    Don't understand why that makes some at BSBH less than happy

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  2. #402
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,370
    Rep Power
    366
    If you win a game by pure luck in which you are out-shot 70-20, is "a win a win"? Or is it unsustainable and at the very least concerning and worth talking about? This is hyperbolic, obviously, but it's just to illustrate a point.

    What you see as "less than happy", I see as critical analysis.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #403
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,205
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    If you win a game by pure luck in which you are out-shot 70-20, is "a win a win"? Or is it unsustainable and at the very least concerning and worth talking about? This is hyperbolic, obviously, but it's just to illustrate a point.

    What you see as "less than happy", I see as critical analysis.
    I'd say "I'll take it" and move on to the next game. Regardless of how a team wins or loses, there's always something to discuss. To illustrate another point, there was more bashing about game 3 than there was praising game 4. Although they won, there's still some things I'd like to see done differently. I mentioned them 46 times in the last 24 hours including posting from the Garden during the game. I'm always up for some chalk talk.

    Edit: In addition, I find it more constructive to discuss the actual game than I do having to read posts that Hayes is slow, Kreider sucks, and Stepan is fat. That's not hockey discussion, that's just blasting guys because they were flat.
    Last edited by Mikey37; 04-19-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  4. #404
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    6
    Probably if the NYR won every game 10-0, fans would have something to moan about. The old saying goes: " Damn! I got a splinter in my wooden leg "!

  5. #405
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,370
    Rep Power
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I'd say "I'll take it" and move on to the next game. Regardless of how a team wins or loses, there's always something to discuss. To illustrate another point, there was more bashing about game 3 than there was praising game 4. Although they won, there's still some things I'd like to see done differently. I mentioned them 46 times in the last 24 hours including posting from the Garden during the game. I'm always up for some chalk talk.
    And if you win, lose, win, lose in the same fashion four straight?

    And if the same occurred the entire regular season?
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #406
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,205
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    And if you win, lose, win, lose in the same fashion four straight?

    And if the same occurred the entire regular season?
    Phil, I'm missing something. What's your question/argument/beef exactly about?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  7. #407
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    The low's get low when the Rangers come out and mail it in, and get beat up in the process. I think most everyone on this board could accept a loss if the Rangers came out on all cylinders, offense, defense and hitting. We wouldnt be happy, but we could accept it. It's when they give games away where we get upset.
    Absolutely agree.

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  8. #408
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,370
    Rep Power
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Phil, I'm missing something. What's your question/argument/beef exactly about?
    I dislike the idea of labeling criticism as never being happy. I love winning. I want to win always. Which is why I'm concerned about how they accomplish this. If it's unsustainable I'm going to make note of that. Because I never want the winning to end.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #409
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,205
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I dislike the idea of labeling criticism as never being happy. I love winning. I want to win always. Which is why I'm concerned about how they accomplish this. If it's unsustainable I'm going to make note of that. Because I never want the winning to end.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    So you're agreeing with me. That must have been where the confusion set in.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  10. #410
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,370
    Rep Power
    366
    Yeah, I was responding more to sg3's last post.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #411
    Senior Member Bantam Division BrooklynBoy89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,387
    Rep Power
    16
    We are going to win this in 6. Better team. PP has done nothing for us, some top guys have done shit so far, and yet we are 17 seconds away from a 3-1 lead right now. We got this. Can't wait for Game 5.

  12. #412
    Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBoy89 View Post
    We are going to win this in 6. Better team. PP has done nothing for us, some top guys have done shit so far, and yet we are 17 seconds away from a 3-1 lead right now. We got this. Can't wait for Game 5.
    This is how it should be, but you know this team now. One of the next two games they will run over Montreal and proving they are the better team. Then the other of the two will be the Rangers "dont wanna play hockey today"-shitshows and it will go to game 7. I think they got this in 7 tho, but it is going to be in classic Rangers fashion. Never easy.

  13. #413
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, I was responding more to sg3's last post.
    No prob Phil. I fully accept your point.

    Hopefully the boys find a way to win 2 of the next 2 or 3 (if needed) so we can all happily discuss the next round

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •