Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AV Obviously Needs A Hand, So We Offered One

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect

AV Obviously Needs A Hand, So We Offered One

http://c4c.news/helpingAV

Look, Alain Vigneault, I know coaching a professional hockey team is hard. On your best night, you’re still playing against another top professional team with a world class head coach in opposition. And this is the Stanley Cup Playoffs! So everything is amped up, or so we’re constantly reminded. The game goes by in a whirlwind. One moment you’re up by a goal with just over a minute left to play, on the cusp of taking the first two games on the road in a best of seven series, then the next you’ve put your worst defenseman on the ice, the puck is behind an angry Henrik Lundqvist and you are 17 seconds away from heading to an overtime loss to tie the series. So in the future, maybe…you know, don’t do that.

That doesn’t help you much heading into an [insert dire catch phrase] game four on home ice, though. You know that already because you sat Nick Holden in shame for game three after setting him up for a spectacular fail, and then your team pretty much up and quit on you on home ice in the next tilt to go down two games to one. One of your assistant captains lied straight into a TV camera after that one, offering, “maybe we tried too hard”.

Sean Hartnett #NYR Stepan: "I thought we struggled, everybody to execute. Certainly, it wasn't lack of effort. We were almost at times trying too hard."

No, you didn’t, Derek Stepan. Last night’s 3-1 loss was trying for a lot of fans in a myriad of ways, but only Lundqvist tried too hard.

There are many Xs and Os that might help. There are lineup tweaks you can make in both available personnel and who plays with whom. The team could certainly use some motivation. So I’ve reached out to my fellow writers here to get their takes on what you can do to improve the team’s chance of winning tomorrow night and keeping the season from reaching the brink. My only instruction to them was to work independently, so if you find some repetition, then that’s probably an important area to consider.
    Phil in Absentia, Morphinity, JOHN, Future and Jules offered up their advice to Alain Vigneault prior to tonight's game 4. What changes to strategy, personnel or motivation would you suggest to AV for the team going forward?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    http://c4c.news/helpingAV

Phil in Absentia, Morphinity, JOHN, Future and Jules offered up their advice to Alain Vigneault prior to tonight's game 4. What changes to strategy, personnel or motivation would you suggest to AV for the team going forward?
    Hey fellas! This is your head coach speaking! " Play your rear ends off "!!

Moderator Junior Division
    I think AV should just send them all to a waterpark or strip club for a day so they can just clear their minds. The playoffs are weighing on this team way too heavily.

That's a bigger problem than any X's and O's thing, I think.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    It's not "the playoffs" weighing on them. It's playing games at home. I'm not sure how wasting money on strippers is going to correct it, but let's all head to Rick's!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    It's not "the playoffs" weighing on them. It's playing games at home. I'm not sure how wasting money on strippers is going to correct it, but let's all head to Rick's!
    I love Ricks. So should they.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

swamped Midget Division
    Let more effective lines get more playing time. In game 3, fourth line was most effective group for first two periods, and didn't see much of the ice in the third. Make it clear that better performance = more playing time. Hell, I'd let the fourth line start game 4.

If individual players aren't performing (Kreider, Stepan, etc) juggle lines so that they see less time and more effective players get more time.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Stepan is awfully chatty for a guy that hasn't done dick this series, and had long stretches of nothingness all season. Shut the fvkc up and DO SOMETHING on ice tonight.

Again, he should have been gone at he deadline. But as long as he is here, should at least contribute something other than empty-headed soundbites. Bespeaks a lockerroom that is waaaaaaaayyy too comfortable. I understand a screamer like Torts can be counterproductive, but this team has been catatonic since midway through game 2.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    The team needs to spend less energy trying to hit someone and more working through tough areas. Too many players content to curl up, throw a pass back and then go to the outside waiting for a pass back.

Drop the puck back and head to the net. Take someone with you. That's called a screen. And that will also create openings elsewhere.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The team needs to spend less energy trying to hit someone and more working through tough areas. Too many players content to curl up, throw a pass back and then go to the outside waiting for a pass back.

Drop the puck back and head to the net. Take someone with you. That's called a screen. And that will also create openings elsewhere.
    This was my thought. I was telling my wife this series can be won. Sure the physical play is nice and entertaining but the team was going out of there way to hit. We lost our speed advantage in doing so. They can't keep up with us when we're skating. Let's keep it simple use speed and stay smart

Sent from my SM-G900V using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie

Disagree. You're hitting and playing physical to win puck battles, or to knock the opponent off the puck. The things you'd like to see more of don't involve spending energy hitting. I'd like to see more traffic in front and a more aggressive forecheck. F1 is going in with soft support. F2 isn't deep enough, and F3 is above the circles trying to read the play. Habs are getting out too easily. Lets go F1 hard, with F2 right behind. F3 somewhere near the dots. They have the speed and physicality to play that game, and I'd like to see it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Disagree. You're hitting and playing physical to win puck battles, or to knock the opponent off the puck. The things you'd like to see more of don't involve spending energy hitting.
    Word. They were way better in this regard last night than in the other games. They weren't just physical for the sake of being physical, they were phsyical to the point of being disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Word. They were way better in this regard last night than in the other games. They weren't just physical for the sake of being physical, they were phsyical to the point of being disruptive.
    Agree, that's the game. Still want to see more pucks with traffic around their asshole goaltender. I wouldn't mind seeing Radulov or Gallagher bleeding from an eye socket either.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect

I agree. Montreal is making Hanks life miserable in the crease by continuing to crash the net. How many bumps has Price had? I would say very few. They also need to take shots and stop passing to make a perfect play. Get the puck on net and followup to the net and get the garbage goals. Too many passed up chances. That and someone needs to level Radulov and Gallagher.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Agree, that's the game. Still want to see more pucks with traffic around their asshole goaltender. I wouldn't mind seeing Radulov or Gallagher bleeding from an eye socket either.

This. Those two have gotten away with too much and nothing has been done to them. Every time one of them has the puck, they should be leveled. And they need to get at Price more, give him some bumps at least. They guy has had it easy the past 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    This. Those two have gotten away with too much and nothing has been done to them. Every time one of them has the puck, they should be leveled.
    This is the exact type of thinking that takes guys out of position, leads to odd-man rushes against, and prevents the Rangers from using their speed. It's a backwards line of thought for this team.

This is the exact type of thinking that takes guys out of position, leads to odd-man rushes against, and prevents the Rangers from using their speed. It's a backwards line of thought for this team.
    Not if executed properly. If their guys are on their backs or up against the glass, they can't be effective. The thing is not to get too caught up in it like Skjei did last night that lead to the Habs only goal.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Not if executed properly. If their guys are on their backs or up against the glass, they can't be effective. The thing is not to get too caught up in it like Skjei did last night that lead to the Habs only goal.
    Targetting specific guys is getting caught up in it...

Banned Midget Division
    was there ever a coach fired during playoffs?

Targetting specific guys is getting caught up in it...
    No it's not, guys are targetted in every round. You have to continue to play the game and be opportunistic rather than do what Skjei did. Don't get me wrong, Skjei has been very good. I'm just pointing out that example.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    was there ever a coach fired during playoffs?
    Julien got fired from the Devils a week before playoffs started, and they had a spot locked up already.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast