Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Time

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    If AV lost this team they wouldn't have played that well game 1. I'm afraid this squad's problems go much deeper than just coaching.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    If AV lost this team they wouldn't have played that well game 1. I'm afraid this squad's problems go much deeper than just coaching.
    I just don't see how you can say they played well in game one. They got a lucky goal and Hank saved the day. They had almost no offensive pressure. Game two they were WILDLY outshot and again probably should have lost in regulation. Game three was, well, a dumpster fire. I haven't been impressed by this team in almost two months.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    It's really water under the bridge at the moment, but there was some serious hatred towards Lundqvist when the rumors came out that he pretty much orchestrated Torts' removal. I think he somewhat redeemed himself with his play in the Cup run and the other playoffs. But yeah, pretty shitty.

And Mike Fuckin' Commodore has no room to talk lol
    Yeah. I can see The King orchestrating the Torts firing. Yeah. Right. Torts fired himself after the team rebelled against his idiotic actions. The man is going down, once again, it seems, in the current series against Pitts. The Bluejackets, as a team, had a meeting with Torts this past season and told him to lay off.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Need a big house cleaning this summer

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I just don't see how you can say they played well in game one. They got a lucky goal and Hank saved the day. They had almost no offensive pressure. Game two they were WILDLY outshot and again probably should have lost in regulation. Game three was, well, a dumpster fire. I haven't been impressed by this team in almost two months.
    ?? They played great in all of game 1 and 3 periods of game 2. they had 70+ hits in game 2. Game 2 was an outstanding hockey game until overtime. That's when this "we don't give a shit" nonsense started and we have been outworked and outcompeted by the other team ever since. There's no comparison between what we saw last night and game 1/2 in regulation.

Back to the topic at hand, even the hard ass coaches have their problems at some point. Tortorella's team is currently down 3-0 against PIT. Do they look like they care more? Of course they do. If you're going to go down 3-0 might as well look good doing it, sure. But truthfully what we want is to win, and I said this at the end of last season, at the beginning of this season, at the trade deadline where we (thankfully) made only one shrewd move for a decent defenseman: this team's problem is not the coach, it's the fact that the team is just not very good. That's all. In fact, I think AV has a huge role in causing this team to overperform this season and last season, because the team is just below average in basically every position except goal and 1st defenseman. The fact that they don't look like they give a shit is not covering up the fact that for me, this team is below average, everywhere. Pittsburgh won the cup last year because they played a fast game, but they also have a good team. We don't have anyone nearly as good as Phil Kessel and he's only the third best forward on their team.

I'm as mad as anyone about the ghastly performance last night. I've seen better effort from hookers. But if there's a silver lining here it's that this team isn't winning the cup with the roster as is, and hopefully if the performances like this continue the message will be received.

Is it time...to clean house, trade McD and give the reigns to Skjei

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

That would be pretty drastic... but I guess if you want to rebuild that would certainly expedite it.

Unfortunately because the team is still decent in the regular season I don't see anything noteworthy happening... even if they lose the next two games.

If it does happen I think it will be when Hank retires or drop off a map completely. At that point you get what you can for the few assets we have and start from scratch with Igor Shesterkin.

As much as Hank wants to win... I think he'll realize at some point it's just not happening on this team, and I doubt he wants to be playing for non-playoff teams approaching his 40's

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

It's Time

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Is it time...to clean house, trade McD and give the reigns to Skjei

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I understand why you would put McD on the table, since I'm sure he'd get you a good return; but that isn't the answer. Unless you're getting a solid D man in the trade you're still leaving the team with another hole on the blue line.

It's Time

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    I understand why you would put McD on the table, since I'm sure he'd get you a good return; but that isn't the answer. Unless you're getting a solid D man in the trade you're still leaving the team with another hole on the blue line.
    I'm talking about blowing it all up, this team needs a new direction

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

It's Time

Need to move Hank (or have him ask to be moved) to blow things up the right way.

I wonder if or when he'll completely be sick of being the Patrick Ewing of this franchise.

I'd be happy for him if he won a Cup elsewhere outside of our division.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    AV needs to go once this series is over. Team needs new identity. I'm so tired of the lackluster efforts, the awful PP, the same mundane shit. This shit is embarrassing

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    except that Gorton wants to keep his job. So he can't just burn $9M of the owners money after he just extended him, it would make him look really bad and put him on the bubble

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    They fired Torts bc Lundqvist threw him under the bus in the exit interviews. It came out of no where. I doubt anyone is throwing AV under the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I'm thinking the exact opposite

//reported Junior Division
    I'm still pissed about the OT loss and haven't even been able to focus on the shit effort in game three.
    I'd LOVE to see how this team plays for another coach, just to see if it's the personnel behind the bench or the product on the ice.
    Give em one more year together, but get rid of AV.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Although I wouldn't absolve AV, I'd say it's personnel more than the couch... just a bland group of players all around. The players that do play with an edge like Glass, Smith, Klein and others haven't lost their edge. Quite simply - you can't force players to be something they are not, and we have a super soft, opportunistic top 6.

Difference here between what transpired with Tortorella is Tortorella was kind of a dick and players wanted him gone, whereas AV is easy on his players and everyone likes an easy boss. It would definitely be up to the management

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Although I wouldn't absolve AV, I'd say it's personnel more than the couch... just a bland group of players all around. The players that do play with an edge like Glass, Smith, Klein and others haven't lost their edge. Quite simply - you can't force players to be something they are not, and we have a super soft, opportunistic top 6.

Difference here between what transpired with Tortorella is Tortorella was kind of a dick and players wanted him gone, whereas AV is easy on his players and everyone likes an easy boss. It would definitely be up to the management
    AV is infamous for soft teams. Whether he actually acquires the players or not, that's what happens. The Vancouver Canucks were one of the softest teams in the league and, although talented, they lost the cup because of it. The New York Rangers arguably had the same fate. They were dominated by a physically superior team and have somehow only become softer since his inaugural season. The farther we get from Torts the less "jam" (as he liked to say) we have. Of course everyone loves an easy boss. But does an easier boss mean better product? Not in my experience.

It doesn't have to be one or the other either. It doesn't have to be Torts or AV, there is middle ground. I'm just so sick of seeing this team put up spineless efforts like that. They rolled over and died against Pitt last season. They did it again last night. I can't fucking stand it -- and clearly the crowd last night proves that point. It's boring, bland hockey.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

I def. agree that AV isn't the answer. I can't blame that they went after him after Tortorella, but they ultimately overcompensated. Too bad Julien was scooped up... I think he would have been the perfect middle ground coach. Boston was dumb to let him go

Sutter please

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Sutter please

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Dancing Larry would have some serious competition. (Does Dancing Larry still exist? It's been a while...)
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar

swamped Midget Division
    In this era you almost have to have the next coach in line if you're getting rid of AV... don't think you can get rid of him and go through search/interview process. Franchises tend to swing from tough old school to players coach like a pendulum. So from Torts to AV the next pendulum swing would be... Sutter. I don't know if they would get rid of AV without someone of Sutter's caliber lined up.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast