Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Time

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Great regular season coach,and probably one of the better coaches this franchise has had but I don't know if he can get that cup here,he probably will win one.....elsewhere

Anyone think we traded the wrong Derek too?

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    AV is infamous for soft teams. Whether he actually acquires the players or not, that's what happens. The Vancouver Canucks were one of the softest teams in the league and, although talented, they lost the cup because of it. The New York Rangers arguably had the same fate. They were dominated by a physically superior team and have somehow only become softer since his inaugural season. The farther we get from Torts the less "jam" (as he liked to say) we have. Of course everyone loves an easy boss. But does an easier boss mean better product? Not in my experience.

It doesn't have to be one or the other either. It doesn't have to be Torts or AV, there is middle ground. I'm just so sick of seeing this team put up spineless efforts like that. They rolled over and died against Pitt last season. They did it again last night. I can't fucking stand it -- and clearly the crowd last night proves that point. It's boring, bland hockey.
    The middle ground is Daryl Sutter. Buy AV off. He's lost this group.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I just don't see how you can say they played well in game one. They got a lucky goal and Hank saved the day. They had almost no offensive pressure. Game two they were WILDLY outshot and again probably should have lost in regulation. Game three was, well, a dumpster fire. I haven't been impressed by this team in almost two months.
    Last edited by Progrocker; 04-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Sutter please

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Totally agree, this team is bored and unmotivated. SUTTER, SUTTER, SUTTER.

Member Mite Division richterforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    Totally agree, this team is bored and unmotivated. SUTTER, SUTTER, SUTTER.
    Since, I believe, they have no shot at a cup this year even if by some miracle they get past montreal they will never get past Pitt or Caps I'm kind of hoping they get beat in 5 against the Habs. That should give the brass an easy excuse to replace AV with Sutter. I always said i'd be happy to see 1 cup before i die. Well I did and now i'm getting greedy!! I want 1 more and Sutter could bring it. It would be the same feeling i had when i heard they hired Keenan. SUTTER!

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Two words:

Joel. Quenneville.

swamped Midget Division
    Even if the Hawks get bounced in the first round again I still think you have to wait a year for Quenneville. Most recent Stanley Cup in 2014-2015, 3 Stanley Cups in 8 years with the club.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Two words:

Joel. Quenneville.

Omg please!

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    What it comes down to, essentially, is this: the "core" that we've been talking about and building toward for 5+ years is completely devoid of gamers, with the POSSIBLE exception of McDonagh. When the chips are down and you need a goal, there's nobody you can look to on the bench and say, "that's our man." Even when we get a lead somehow, we lack any killer instinct to put the game away. We hang on desperately playing not to lose, and so we lose.

They are ALL soft. I had hope for JT Miller, and maybe he's just a product of the lackadaisical take-it-or-leave-it mentality that pervades the locker room, but he too doesn't show up. To me, at least, nobody is safe. They're all for sale. Every last one of them, with the exceptions of Lundqvist, McDonagh and Skjei, and possibly fourth liners like Lindberg and Fast.

People got upset with me when two years ago I said I would trade Rick Nash for the first 20-20 guy that shows up in the playoffs that became available. "He's our most talented player," "we need him to draw attention from our forwards," "he plays great defense," people said. I defy you to find one person on this board who wouldn't eat some of Nash's salary to trade him straight up for Brandon Dubinsky right now.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean jack shit when you don't have heart. And this team, with the exception of #30, has zero heart. 99% of the time in the playoffs we're playing not to lose. If we were playing any team other than Montreal, we'd be down 3-0 right now and not one of the games would've been close.

We're a polished turnover machine. We haven't had a forecheck in over 3 years. Our defense is slow and mistake-prone. Players blow coverage left and right when backchecking. This is the team all of us were afraid we would see before this season started, and we're finally being vindicated in those fears.

I don't know how else to say it. This is not a good team. In fact, when you factor in the lack of effort, heart and killer instinct, you could argue that this team is barely average. If we were playing the Buffalo Sabres in Round 1 we'd be losing to them too, simply because they would actually give half of a flying fuck in the playoffs, which is more than we can say for our team.

I don't know when being bad will finally be bad enough to motivate change, but it had better happen sooner than later.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Two words:

Joel. Quenneville.

I'd be ecstatic.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I can't seem to remember hatred towards Lundqvist after Torts got fired... did that happen?

Anyway, the team reached the tipping point with Torts... I think he probably would have been canned at some point that season even if no one came out against him.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    I can't seem to remember hatred towards Lundqvist after Torts got fired... did that happen?

Anyway, the team reached the tipping point with Torts... I think he probably would have been canned at some point that season even if no one came out against him.
    Yep.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    @BlueSeatBlogs: Smith/Skjei benched w/5 mins left in 3rd

Lindberg/Buch play 6 mins total

Staal/Holden on in pressure situations again

AV should be fired

--

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

AV should be fired

--

Hoping he coaches his way out of New York pronto. Fucking joke that Holden's out there in all situations. How has he earned that shit? Am I blind or is he some defensive phenom? Lindberg on the bench, meanwhile Hayes stumbling ass gets tons of ice time.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

AV should be fired

--

What a fucking idiot

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

This team has sufficient talent. They need the right coach to teach the mental discipline. AV has got to go.

Senior Member Junior Division
    We all know he ain't going anywhere

This year is/was our best shot at the cup and we're on our way to blowing it. Yes the Pens are in the way, but after that you're probably playing Nashville or Oilers for the damn cup... not that either one doesn't deserve to be there, but neither of those teams are as good as the Kings team we lost to our the cup winning Hawks teams. It's not going to get any easier

Senior Member Midget Division
    AV is not the right coach for these mentally weak, soft, generic vaginas.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar

AV should be fired

--

In the 3rd don't understand how you do not play 4 lines with a 2 goal lead not how Brendan Smith gets his time cut.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Hoping he coaches his way out of New York pronto. Fucking joke that Holden's out there in all situations. How has he earned that shit? Am I blind or is he some defensive phenom? Lindberg on the bench, meanwhile Hayes stumbling ass gets tons of ice time.
    Hayes and Stepan on the PP are infuriating, standing with the puck by the wall, stopping everything, looking for a perfect play while the defense and goalie set up. And either nobody is telling them to move either their feet or the puck and quick or worse AV is okay with that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast