Thread: Sam Rosen on WFAN w/ Joe and Evan

Senior Member Junior Division

Sam Rosen on WFAN w/ Joe and Evan

4/13

- Not really surprised by the performance last night
    - Good team, more balance, ??? and flaws on the team, speed on the backend
    - Girardi was exceptional, can he keep it up?
    - Good veteran leadership, and if the kids can hold up they can be a force
    - Lundqvist is a man w/ a lot of pride, works really hard, wants this badly, team has a lot of confidence in him, he's a playoff goaltender
    - Fast and Grabner were really good on the PK, key is the faceoff on the PK, they are aggressive, its a confidence thing, it was big to kill off the penalties especially in the first period
    - PP needs to get going, 5 on 3 was disappointing, wont get a ton of PP chances, when you do you have to make the most of it, Kreider has to be a little more active, shots have to get through from the point, Z is very important on the PP, winning faceoffs and gaining possession is very important
    - Hard to understand why the Rangers are much better on the road than at home, they play a little more simple on the road, strong defensively in the neutral zone, less risky plays on the road. At home take a little extra chance, extra pass
    - Rangers dont have a gamebreaker, Rangers have more balance, In '14 they counted on Nash scoring so teams just focused on him.
    - 4th line was a factor, games that win you get contributions from the 3rd and 4th line

//reported Junior Division
    Thanks!
    Our fourth line played so fucking well last night. The 5 on 3 was definitely disappointing. Hell, going 0/4 on the PP (I think it was 0/4) is just shitty. Need to fucking capitalize on those chances, but we made it all the way to the SCF in 2014 without scoring a power play goal, IIRC.
    MacKinnon > Stepan and Kreider?
    Barrie > Staal + 1st?

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    That can't be right? Not 1 PP goal?

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    That can't be right? Not 1 PP goal?

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hmmm, you're right. Found an article from the Pens series - http://fansided.com/2014/05/10/2014-...-streak-video/
    We were 0-36 heading into game 5 of the second round of the playoffs. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

They scored three against the Flyers in the first round, three in the second round, five against MTL, and two against the Kings.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different year when they were just dismal. But I might also be mis-remembering shit
    MacKinnon > Stepan and Kreider?
    Barrie > Staal + 1st?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The 4th line was truly beastly last night though. Even without the goal, which was just gravy, I am not sure if they spent more than half a shift in our zone.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Hmmm, you're right. Found an article from the Pens series - http://fansided.com/2014/05/10/2014-...-streak-video/
    We were 0-36 heading into game 5 of the second round of the playoffs. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

They scored three against the Flyers in the first round, three in the second round, five against MTL, and two against the Kings.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different year when they were just dismal. But I might also be mis-remembering shit
    You're not misremembering anything, they've been awful for a decade lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Misremembering? Isn't it enough to hear Sammy bill & coo during the broadcast about how wonderful the NYR were? I guess he misremembered that they went o-4 on the PP. Couldn't score on a 5 on 3. Could't score more than 1 goal @ full strength. Lucky to have won this game in spite of the general all-around excellent team play.

Posted from my I-Mac without an F-Bomb.

Moderator Junior Division
    Tangent but, does WFAN have Rangers talk all day?

I don't live in NYC so I don't ever listen, but I'd stream if I didn't think it would be mostly Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Giants.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Tangent but, does WFAN have Rangers talk all day?

I don't live in NYC so I don't ever listen, but I'd stream if I didn't think it would be mostly Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Giants.
    Right now, it's mostly Yankees/Mets as well as general baseball with football/Giants/Jets sprinkled about and they have like 20 minutes of hockey talk when one of these guests comes on.

ESPN 98.7 has more Rangers talk because LaGrecca is heavily involved in the Rangers radio broadcasts and is a hockey (Devils) fan in general, but even then it's marginally more.