Sam Rosen on WFAN w/ Joe and Evan
- Not really surprised by the performance last night
- Good team, more balance, ??? and flaws on the team, speed on the backend
- Girardi was exceptional, can he keep it up?
- Good veteran leadership, and if the kids can hold up they can be a force
- Lundqvist is a man w/ a lot of pride, works really hard, wants this badly, team has a lot of confidence in him, he's a playoff goaltender
- Fast and Grabner were really good on the PK, key is the faceoff on the PK, they are aggressive, its a confidence thing, it was big to kill off the penalties especially in the first period
- PP needs to get going, 5 on 3 was disappointing, wont get a ton of PP chances, when you do you have to make the most of it, Kreider has to be a little more active, shots have to get through from the point, Z is very important on the PP, winning faceoffs and gaining possession is very important
- Hard to understand why the Rangers are much better on the road than at home, they play a little more simple on the road, strong defensively in the neutral zone, less risky plays on the road. At home take a little extra chance, extra pass
- Rangers dont have a gamebreaker, Rangers have more balance, In '14 they counted on Nash scoring so teams just focused on him.
- 4th line was a factor, games that win you get contributions from the 3rd and 4th line
Our fourth line played so fucking well last night. The 5 on 3 was definitely disappointing. Hell, going 0/4 on the PP (I think it was 0/4) is just shitty. Need to fucking capitalize on those chances, but we made it all the way to the SCF in 2014 without scoring a power play goal, IIRC.
That can't be right? Not 1 PP goal?
The 4th line was truly beastly last night though. Even without the goal, which was just gravy, I am not sure if they spent more than half a shift in our zone.
You're not misremembering anything, they've been awful for a decade lol
Originally Posted by booze and wingz
Misremembering? Isn't it enough to hear Sammy bill & coo during the broadcast about how wonderful the NYR were? I guess he misremembered that they went o-4 on the PP. Couldn't score on a 5 on 3. Could't score more than 1 goal @ full strength. Lucky to have won this game in spite of the general all-around excellent team play.
Posted from my I-Mac without an F-Bomb.
Tangent but, does WFAN have Rangers talk all day?
I don't live in NYC so I don't ever listen, but I'd stream if I didn't think it would be mostly Mets, Yankees, Knicks and Giants.
Right now, it's mostly Yankees/Mets as well as general baseball with football/Giants/Jets sprinkled about and they have like 20 minutes of hockey talk when one of these guests comes on.
Originally Posted by Future
ESPN 98.7 has more Rangers talk because LaGrecca is heavily involved in the Rangers radio broadcasts and is a hockey (Devils) fan in general, but even then it's marginally more.