Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevin Hayes: Let's Make The Garden Jump

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Well, let's be constructive instead of snarky. What about Hayes' play in Games 1-5 did not warrant the criticism?

His faceoff stats are good and noted.

But outside of that? Yeesh.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Boy, it sure looks like a cake walk whilst lounging in front of the TV or in the bleachers @ MSG. There'll be many flavors of the day, month, year, series, etc. before this season is over. Pity the player/players that don't play their A game in every instance.
    Do you ever give anything other than a bland opinion?

Rangers were not good in the final two months of the season. Kevin Hayes was not good in the final half of the season and slept through the first five games. Forgive me for not being confident that his "A game" would eventually show up. Like I said, when he shows a little consistency, he'll earn a free pass, not before. There is a reason Hank gets the benefit of the doubt and players like Hayes don't.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Mite Division rmc51's Avatar
    Hayes is lucky that enough of the team showed up to still go up 3-2. Likewise, the team is lucky Hayes showed up for Game 6 or we might be getting ready for a Game 7 tonight.

BTW, much more concerned about Kreider no-showing again than I am our 3rd line Center.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Hayes is lucky that enough of the team showed up to still go up 3-2. Likewise, the team is lucky Hayes showed up for Game 6 or we might be getting ready for a Game 7 tonight.

BTW, much more concerned about Kreider no-showing again than I am our 3rd line Center.
    I agree Kreider has to show up as well, but the main issue with that third line was that you had 2 guys basically not helping the team at all in Miller and Hayes. These ae guys that are looking for new contracts in the next season or 2, and are gonna look to get paid and just disappeared the last quarter of the season and for the start of the playoffs.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I believe in hayes, I think he's finding out he doesn't have as much time to dipsy doodle as he does in the regular season. He'll find out how to contribute
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Midget Division
    Was this article meant to be sarcastic?

I didn't hear any post game or quotes from him, but curious what he had to say. He legit ghosted through the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    Before reading this I was convinced the Rangers will be able to flip the switch and win this series against a team that is surely worse than them. Now? Not so sure.

That was the most boring and unexciting pump up piece I've ever read, which is probably not a coincidence coming from the most boring and unexciting player I've ever watched. I'll give Hayes credit for making a big improvement on his terrible season last year, but this kid is writing like he's some sort of superstar.

I was healthy scratched for the playoffs but I worked real hard this summer because I didn't like it one bit and now I'm ready to play again guys! Plus, New York is great because celebrities and stuff! Yay!

Give me a fucking break.
    Here, I'll post this again, because it applied to Kevin and basically everyone else on this team.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    LOL, yeah I'd be careful writing one of these. First Yandle then Hayes.

Makes for good satire, though.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Fucking hate this kid
    This again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    1 minute in to the 4 minute PP in the 1st he flipped a 20 mph waist high beach ball at Anderson and I just turned the TV off and read the kids some books before I put my foot through the gas fireplace.

Kevin Hayes, thanks but no thanks.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Kevin Hayes: Let's Make The Garden Jump

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    1 minute in to the 4 minute PP in the 1st he flipped a 20 mph waist high beach ball at Anderson and I just turned the TV off and read the kids some books before I put my foot through the gas fireplace.

Kevin Hayes, thanks but no thanks.
    And that was going about 5 feet wide, what a waste of a roster spot

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Should have said, "Let's Jump Off The Garden: I'll Go First!"

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    I don't hate him. He's human.

I'm really disappointed in what he brought to the playoffs, but ... I understand he had a mindset to be more defensively responsible in the playoffs. I'm not sure where he got that instruction -- any guesses?.

I really hoped he'd show us more of his considerable talents. Putting the personal stuff and the inane Players Tribune articles aside, I think he has a lot to offer this club that they's have a hard time finding elsewhere; but he's got to be used right, coached right, and inspired to use his talents; not sublimate them.

I get the real disappointment that (Stepan, Hank) Hayes Miller and Kreider didn't deliver as hoped; and that was part of the difference between a dominant regular season and a badly squandered opportunity to go deep in the playoffs. The way the team played was different, and who's decision is that?

So I do wonder, what was the coach's role in these guys playing below their potential, and where was the leadership.

I want to throw up like ya'lls. (but I find the level of personal hate and ganging-up in this thread tremendously off-putting and a bad public face for this forum, I'd hoped we'd left that hate mob shit in primary school, but WTF!)

I want a productive Kevin Hayes like we saw many other times, I dot want to see a potentially excellent center run out of town in his early years, because for various reasons this team could not hold several should have been game-winning leads against a team that only led in the series for 13 and a fraction minutes.<<this!

IMO this series was lost when we went back into defensive shells with leads in games they should have won -- and that's on 1) the coach 2) the goaltending, and 3) some piss-poor execution.

he wasn't used like this

https://youtu.be/6vJ1FIjmY08
    https://youtu.be/Q5T1h5vWe_M

If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Should have said, "Let's Jump Off The Garden: I'll Go First!"
    Lolllllll

Instead of making MSG jump, he's making LANXESS arena jump. Fucker scored 2 goals today.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Instead of making MSG jump, he's making LANXESS arena jump. Fucker scored 2 goals today.
    Haha I was just coming on to post about that! Saw it on my lunch break. Figures. At least USA is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    When you play with Johnny Hockey, anything is possible.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123