Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Hayes: Let's Make The Garden Jump

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    What are you even going on about?

You can't figure it out? I'm shocked.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    cmon dude, you really going to base your opinion of this series based on a players tribune article by Kevin Hayes, who if we are being realistic, seems like a pretty dumb dude to begin with?

I think some people are taking this article a little bit too seriously and personally
    Good hockey player, sounds like a standard jock though. " We gave it 100%, 100%." lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    BUMP.

Good job making the Garden "jump" buddy.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Dont blame Hayes, he didnt even play... Did he?

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Radulov's last goal...embarrassing to "the kid".

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Jump was a typo. He meant dump.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I can't wait to see what Hayes' favorite new Bieber song is.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Opened this thread, saw this post, legit LOL'd. Well done, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    This

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I hope he was thinking about his 9th grade writing level essay project while Radulov was holding his "backcheck" off with one hand and scoring with his other.

If I were in the garden the only place I would jump is on the phone to cancel my subscription for next year.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Hayes found his suck again

I would trade Hayes sooner than later... he's one of those players whose style of play is completely ineffective in the postseason. Nash is another one. The longer you keep these guys the more they will hurt you on the ice and the lower their trade value becomes. 2 goals in 25 games speaks for itself... pathetic

As much as the Zib-Brassard trade made sense, he was our only forward that actually played better in the postseason than in the regular season. Everyone else is as good as fucking useless

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    BUMP.

Good job making the Garden "jump" buddy.
    Might be onto something with his Game 6 performance...

JT, Hayes, and Zuc were phenomenal. Hopefully they're just getting started.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Pretty funny

The first 31 posts mostly provided a haven for the gloom and dooming, everything sucks gaggle of Ranger "fans"

And then the Rangers won the series in six with Kevin Hayes one of the best players on the ice.

No problem

On to "everything sucks and we got no chance vs Ottawa" later this week

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Yes, his good play in one game sure made up for the utterly awful play in the five previous games.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Actually I completely disagree with Pierre tossing Kevin's salad here, because he was nowhere close to phenomenal. Calling players phenomenal makes that word not matter as much when you describe the performance of Radulov this series, who was phenomenal, or Hank, who was also phenomenal, or Brendan Smith, who was phenomenal as well. Hayes was only fine in only this game, and that's about it. He made a good pass to Zuke on the goal, and was his usual durdling self the rest of the game. He did nothing to get the garden jumping except that one pass, and generally does nothing to bring any sort of energy during any game. He still inspires no confidence in his ability to play in all three zones, and I'm not even sure he's one of the guys I want out there in any zone. All he does is remind of a taller and more durdling Derek Stepan, and that's not really a good comparison. This series and game was won because our goaltender and defense group sans Holden showed a completely different level of game than they have all season long, and our forwards were able to score in every game. In particular, Girardi and Smith were phenomenal. Hayes made a good pass.

I mean they dominated the game from the second period on, but yea, one good pass. Let's forget about that line, they suck.

(Oh and Hayes took the most faceoffs in the series and won 57.5% of them, 68% on 50 draws in the D zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    Actually I completely disagree with Pierre tossing Kevin's salad here, because he was nowhere close to phenomenal. Calling players phenomenal makes that word not matter as much when you describe the performance of Radulov this series, who was phenomenal, or Hank, who was also phenomenal, or Brendan Smith, who was phenomenal as well. Hayes was only fine in only this game, and that's about it. He made a good pass to Zuke on the goal, and was his usual durdling self the rest of the game. He did nothing to get the garden jumping except that one pass, and generally does nothing to bring any sort of energy during any game. He still inspires no confidence in his ability to play in all three zones, and I'm not even sure he's one of the guys I want out there in any zone. All he does is remind of a taller and more durdling Derek Stepan, and that's not really a good comparison. This series and game was won because our goaltender and defense group sans Holden showed a completely different level of game than they have all season long, and our forwards were able to score in every game. In particular, Girardi and Smith were phenomenal. Hayes made a good pass.
    Personally, I don't want to minimize the good play that Hayes made in Game 6. The playoffs are just a short burst of games and any sort of positive impact, no matter how small, is beneficial.

The problem with Hayes is that the sustained impact isn't there. Like I said in my previous post, no good play in Game 6 excuses the poor play in Games 1-5. And the idea that fandom can be called into question for pointing out something that is demonstrably true is just absurd.

Doesn't excuse it at all, but the way his line played to close out the series was very promising. And being one of the best faceoff guys in the league so far this postseason is aslo very important, regardless of how many points he scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Might be onto something with his Game 6 performance...

JT, Hayes, and Zuc were phenomenal. Hopefully they're just getting started.
    I hope he is just getting started but like others have said he was dog mess the first 5 games. Give me a little consistency and I'll get off his back.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Boy, it sure looks like a cake walk whilst lounging in front of the TV or in the bleachers @ MSG. There'll be many flavors of the day, month, year, series, etc. before this season is over. Pity the player/players that don't play their A game in every instance.
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 04-25-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast