Poll: Star of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: [ECQF] (#1) Rangers @ Montréal Canadiens // Excuse My French... FUCK THE HABS

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    "The KING " hardly over the hill & prevails in an awesome goalie duel. # 1 NYR star going away. Props to the entire team as well with an all around 60 minute effort. AV must be listening; Tanner Glass with the game winner. Much needed energy from the 4th line throughout the game. #26 looked right at home as well. I guess the NYR can play a physical game after all.

Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 04-12-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Good game, though certainly got a bit lucky with that Glass goal.
    4th Line was great tonight.

Could live without some of those Holden turnovers though.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Shakey 1st, great 2nd and 3rd.

Wonder if Klein is in for Holden tomorrow

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Member Mite Division Highwaystar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    Good game, though certainly got a bit lucky with that Glass goal.
    4th Line was great tonight.

Could live without some of those Holden turnovers though.
    If that was lucky then 80% of the goals scored in this league are luck. Yes, he took a chance but put the puck on net, something I don't see enough of with this team. Put the puck on net and things happen
    Sworn to avenge
    Condemn to Hell
    Tempt not the blade
    All fear the Sentinel

Senior Member Bantam Division
    That was an outstanding backhand, I don't call that one luck.

Great game and great physical play. Dare I say it - Danny G was a fucking tower back there, and what a game from the 4th line.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Glass just threw it on net and it happened to go in. I don't even think he was looking where he was shooting

The one thing I didn't like is the the defense turtling for a large part of the 3rd. It might not hurt us against Montreal with their anemic offense, but it will come back to bite us against the higher scoring teams

Senior Member Midget Division
    Tanner Fucking Glass.... nice

Now lets see if the Rangers can win 2 in a row which seems hard to do for them in the playoffs.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Glass just threw it on net and it happened to go in. I don't even think he was looking where he was shooting

The one thing I didn't like is the the defense turtling for a large part of the 3rd. It might not hurt us against Montreal with their anemic offense, but it will come back to bite us against the higher scoring teams
    I don't really think that's what they did.

Yes, they committed to making MTL go 200 feet with the puck, but the Rangers tried to make plays, for the most part. They only gave up 6 shots. Hard to argue with really anything they did in the third.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Shakey 1st, great 2nd and 3rd.

Wonder if Klein is in for Holden tomorrow

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    He should be. Holden had a terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

Glass gave the Rangers a 1-0 lead when he scored an unassisted goal 9:50 into the game.

"He got a lot of wood on it, it was a pretty good shot," Price said. "I didn't really think at the time it was going to be the difference. You've got to give that team credit, they played pretty well, and I thought [Lundqvist] played outstanding."

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-ra...ap/c-288723114

Essentially, the NYR won this game, 1-0. That in and of itself is amazing, considering the ill-advised PP opportunities that Montreal had, and given the fact that the team, in general, has been hardly playing stellar hockey. Proves once again that play-offs in the NHL are unpredictable. The Habs are certainly going to be in redemption mode come Friday. Taking it to them early is key. Is this team mentally ready to ratchet it up if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Glass gave the Rangers a 1-0 lead when he scored an unassisted goal 9:50 into the game.

"He got a lot of wood on it, it was a pretty good shot," Price said. "I didn't really think at the time it was going to be the difference. You've got to give that team credit, they played pretty well, and I thought [Lundqvist] played outstanding."

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-ra...ap/c-288723114
    It was a really nice shot, but I'm betting Glass was surprised it went in is all I'm sayin

Anyway, who cares. Let's fuck these guys up on Friday and leave them with little breathing room. With how the last series went and getting shut out in game 1, it's gotta be getting to the heads of the Montreal players at least a little.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

[ECQF] (#1) Rangers @ Montréal Canadiens // Excuse My French... FUCK THE HABS

They play better with a 1 goal lead than a 2 or 3 goal lead, they tend to keep forechecking with speed rather than turtling and sitting back with a multiple goal lead

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    I voted for Brendan Smith. Really hope we're able to resign him this summer.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    The Habs are certainly going to be in redemption mode come Friday.
    The Habs played the best game they can play in the first period in Game 1. That's exactly what they'll try again in game 2. If it doesn't work, they'll go full goon the rest of the series, because they don't have the speed or talent to skate with the Rangers.

King, Martinsen, Ott, Benn, and Shaw were all completely irrelevant because they can't skate. Other than giving Galchenyuk more TOI, the Habs don't have any way to change that.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314