Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the Worst Contract in the NHL You'd Trade Girardi for One-for-One?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

What is the Worst Contract in the NHL You'd Trade Girardi for One-for-One?

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Not sure I understand the question. I have a few ideas, but when you say "worst contract," do you mean picking from a list of what are generally accepted to be bad contracts in the NHL? And picking the worst of those? And does it have to be realistic? Like does it actually have to stand a chance of working? Or is just, "this guy also sucks and is overpaid, and assume both teams are willing?"

I ask because I have a few ideas, but like I'm not sure if people agree that Mike Green's $6 mil a year is bad when compared to Girardi's $5.5 mil.

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Marc Staal. Oh wait, we already have that contract...
    Shoot the puck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    Not sure I understand the question. I have a few ideas, but when you say "worst contract," do you mean picking from a list of what are generally accepted to be bad contracts in the NHL? And picking the worst of those?
    Yes.

And does it have to be realistic? Like does it actually have to stand a chance of working?
    Ideally.

Or is just, "this guy also sucks and is overpaid, and assume both teams are willing?"

I ask because I have a few ideas, but like I'm not sure if people agree that Mike Green's $6 mil a year is bad when compared to Girardi's $5.5 mil.
    That would make sense. The only thing that doesn't match up here is years remaining. Green has just one left, so even if you hated him and never wanted him to play for your team, you could just buy him out for a minimal hit. That's why I'm looking more toward guys with similar length left like Girardi. Dustin Brown, for example.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    either DG + for Matt Moulson or DG for Justin Abdelkader
    THANK YOU, FOKK YOU, BYE!!!!

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Girardi for Gaborik

Gaborik has slightly lower salary but one extra year. Spreads our suck more evenly over the forwards and defenders, and does same for LA.

And before the knee jerk reaction of this being a lopsided deal for the Rangers, Gaborik has 43 points in his last 110 games over two seasons for LA. That comes out to a 32 points average over 82 games for a one dimensional player. He's approaching Brandon Pirri territory.

//reported Junior Division
    As much as I was confused about Abdelkader's contract, it's one that I think will be appealing on the tail end. He's still young (opens new tab to look up contract)...
    No wait. No he's not. He's fucking 30 now and under contract for another 6 seasons. hahahah

Ok, nevermind.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngel/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    As much as I was confused about Abdelkader's contract, it's one that I think will be appealing on the tail end. He's still young (opens new tab to look up contract)...
    No wait. No he's not. He's fucking 30 now and under contract for another 6 seasons. hahahah

Ok, nevermind.
    Hence the term "bad contract for bad contract" you silly goose.
    THANK YOU, FOKK YOU, BYE!!!!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Girardi for MacDonald or Phaneuf

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Girardi for MacDonald or Phaneuf

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I agree with Phaneuf. He would bring a nastiness that this team lacks on the backend.

swamped Midget Division
    I don't have an issue with Girardi, he blocks shots and plays hard. He isn't the fleetest of foot, but he plays within his limitations. There are worse contracts on the Rangers - I don't want to mention names and have the thread highjacked by the worshippers who believe with their hearts instead of what they see with their eyes.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I don't have an issue with Girardi, he blocks shots and plays hard. He isn't the fleetest of foot, but he plays within his limitations. There are worse contracts on the Rangers - I don't want to mention names and have the thread highjacked by the worshippers who believe with their hearts instead of what they see with their eyes.
    That are as measurable a negative impact as Girardi? Only Staal compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Bobby Ryan

LET'S GO RANGERS! Pee-Wee Division Gorilla Salad's Avatar
    David Clarkson

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Salad View Post
    David Clarkson
    Played a total of 26 games the last 2 seasons, no way

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Junior Division
    James Wisniewski????

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Played a total of 26 games the last 2 seasons, no way

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Indeed, but he's LTIRetirement, so they can LTIR him every year if they needed the room.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Indeed, but he's LTIRetirement, so they can LTIR him every year if they needed the room.

That's actually an excellent idea. No cap hit, right?

No, you take the hit. But that money is available in the event you need it because the player can be placed in LTIR.

So, say the Rangers make the trade. They then sign Shattenkirk and find themselves over the cap by a million dollars. They can then place Clarkson on LTIR and they'll be granted the room needed to meet the cap limitations.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    No, you take the hit. But that money is available in the event you need it because the player can be placed in LTIR.

So, say the Rangers make the trade. They then sign Shattenkirk and find themselves over the cap by a million dollars. They can then place Clarkson on LTIR and they'll be granted the room needed to meet the cap limitations.

Ok I thought the hit doesn't count. So let me get this right...Say the cap is an even 80 million. We're up to 77 million and wanna sign someone for 5 million they'll take 2 million off due to the LTIR? Same if we needed 4 million, etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast