Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens — General Series Discussion

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    I don't know man. All it takes it to have a couple good periods to open the series, maybe the bounces go their way, they come out with energy, go up a couple goals and start to feel confident and all of a sudden you're up 1-0. After that once they settle down and Lundqvist gets into his groove, they can totally take this.
    I hope you're right. Maybe they find that spark and go on a run here.

I just haven't liked what I've seen over the past month or so. Doesn't look like a team ready for the playoffs, IMO.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I don't really understand the negativity around the team for this series; sounds like a lot of people just setting their expectations low so they won't be disappointed imo. Facts are that the Rangers are and have been the much better team of these two throughout the whole year. The rangers have actually been incentivized to lose hockey games for the past 20 or so, while MTL had plenty to play for down that stretch. Sure, being playoff ready is a thing, but this is a veteran team with more playoff experience than any other about to enter the postseason in the East, and I have no doubts that they will be ready. The Rangers could easily have well over a 15 point lead on this team if there was an actual reason to have it. I'm not worried about MTL. I expect this team to win this series, and I also expect the roster to be blown up if they don't.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I don't really understand the negativity around the team for this series; sounds like a lot of people just setting their expectations low so they won't be disappointed imo. Facts are that the Rangers are and have been the much better team of these two throughout the whole year. The rangers have actually been incentivized to lose hockey games for the past 20 or so, while MTL had plenty to play for down that stretch. Sure, being playoff ready is a thing, but this is a veteran team with more playoff experience than any other about to enter the postseason in the East, and I have no doubts that they will be ready. The Rangers could easily have well over a 15 point lead on this team if there was an actual reason to have it. I'm not worried about MTL. I expect this team to win this series, and I also expect the roster to be blown up if they don't.
    Bro, do you even watch the games? I agree though, I think this team can turn it on, but we'll have to wait until it starts to put that to rest.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    I hope you're right. Maybe they find that spark and go on a run here.

I just haven't liked what I've seen over the past month or so. Doesn't look like a team ready for the playoffs, IMO.
    They've been a team with nothing to play for playing against teams with everything to play for.

Tough scenario to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Bro, do you even watch the games? I agree though, I think this team can turn it on, but we'll have to wait until it starts to put that to rest.

Yeah man, this team finished its season on game 60 as one of the best teams in the league. The last 20 have been about rest for important players. It's a much different approach than season's past, and we have enough veteran experience on this team where the players should know how to turn it back on for the post season and beat a team that is not as good as them. Imagine how good we'd look if Hank had a good season this year? I trust him more than anyone to turn it on for the playoffs and will be gravely disappointed if he starts next week as poorly as he has played all season.

Frankly, if they can't, they all deserve to go. We were embarrassed last year in the first round and this is a series this team can and should win. Not being ready for the postseason would be the worst excuse I've ever heard. This isn't like we're playing Washington or Pittsburgh here who can and should beat us in 7 games, or Columbus who could beat us, we're playing Montreal whom we've proven to be better than this year and whom we should beat.

To play along with the theme, I'm going to expect them to win this series and not be disappointed if they don't. I'll be disappointed if they lose it and management doesn't make some drastic moves to clean up this team. Two first round exits in a row would be unacceptable imo, especially with the players and experience we have.

―\_(ツ)_/― BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    Mentally preparing myself for a sweep...can't see how this team suddenly flips the switch and starts playing solid hockey.
    hey justin
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    IMO none of the matchups would have been a good one, however who would you rather play in the 1st round? Washington? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Montreal? Its basically pick your poison in the first round.
    It's not the first round matchup that makes being WC1 the best. It's who we play in the 2nd round should we get there.

This will be a tough series but I really think we are better than MTL is. Even so, a 2nd round matchup against either Toronto, Boston or Ottawa sounds juicy to me. Lets get through this shit and have a good road to the ECF

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    It's not the first round matchup that makes being WC1 the best. It's who we play in the 2nd round should we get there.

This will be a tough series but I really think we are better than MTL is. Even so, a 2nd round matchup against either Toronto, Boston or Ottawa sounds juicy to me. Lets get through this shit and have a good road to the ECF
    Agree, I have told most people, Rangers get through the 1st round, I fully expect them to be playing in the ECF

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Rangers in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Parsley nails it!!

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Why can't we beat them?Playoffs are different than regular season and didn't Henrik win twice in Montreal in the playoffs in 2014?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    hey justin
    I miss you.

Senior Member Mite Division Dr. Jimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    Why can't we beat them?Playoffs are different than regular season and didn't Henrik win twice in Montreal in the playoffs in 2014?
    True but the 2017 version of Hank is a lot different than the 2014 version........

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jimmy View Post
    True but the 2017 version of Hank is a lot different than the 2014 version........
    A better question is if the 2017 defensive game is better than 2014.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    A better question is if the 2017 defensive game is better than 2014.

Not remotely. Staal was still serviceable. They still had Strεlman.

Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    No Carey Price either

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Not remotely. Staal was still serviceable. They still had Strεlman.
    What about our forwards' defensive game? I've often heard around here that the Stepan line checks the other team's top line. Lindberg and Fast play a good defensive game too, so I would say our depth can make up for these issues while we have skilled forwards that can score on the other lines.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    I don't know man. All it takes it to have a couple good periods to open the series, maybe the bounces go their way, they come out with energy, go up a couple goals and start to feel confident and all of a sudden you're up 1-0. After that once they settle down and Lundqvist gets into his groove, they can totally take this.
    Have zero confidence in Lundqvist. Raanta has been the better goalie by your eyeballs and every metric. Lundqvvist hasn't stolen a series in a long time and has looked awful at times this season.The playoffs is always more of a grind out game and this team under AV doesn't do that nearly enough. Expect the Habs are going to push them around. Get the sense we have Marty Schottenheimer, NHL version, working behind the bench-lots of regular season success with defense-oriented philosophy but the offense shuts down in the playoffs, never winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    No Carey Price either
    We scored 4 goals in 2 periods on him in Game 1 before he came out...

What about our forwards' defensive game? I've often heard around here that the Stepan line checks the other team's top line. Lindberg and Fast play a good defensive game too, so I would say our depth can make up for these issues while we have skilled forwards that can score on the other lines.

Stepan was on the team then and having a much better season than the one he's having now. The Rangers had a 4th line of Boyle-Moore-Dorsett that was one of the best fourth lines in hockey at the time. That 2014 team was much better in a lot of ways. We have more offensive depth, but this isn't a defensive team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    We scored 4 goals in 2 periods on him in Game 1 before he came out...
    His stats in most other games show that's more of an anomaly than anything. If they have any hope of winning they need to be shelling him.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast