Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens General Series Discussion

//reported Junior Division
    I don't subscribe to the thought of "intentionally turning it off" either.
    I know that's what we're sort of led to believe, but I don't think that's what has been happening recently.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Yeahhh....I'm prepared for this team to be golfing two weeks from now. Be surprised if they didn't get swept TBH. At least there's no Subban to dive and sell calls. I'll never forget when he got tapped on the stomach by a stick in the ECF and grabbed his face and went down like he'd been shot. And we got called for it.

That said, Weber might be scarier, even though he's not as much of a cheater.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    The only question I have is can this team turn it back on after having it intentionally off for so long. That will decide how far the Rangers go this post season.
    This is why I've never really loved the idea of preferring the WC. Dangerous game to play, though they played with a lot more intensity in the first couple games against Pitt last year.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    This team has surprised us at every corner of the whole season. They're a team of veterans who know how to win in the Spring. I think they can very easily turn it back on and play successfully. They are a bunch of players who a.) have an insane amount of playoff experience, b.) are well rested and c.) better be damn well embarrassed by how badly they were beaten by the Penguins last year. Frankly, if they don't turn it back on, it's time to blow up the roster, because if you get shellacked that bad by a team and don't come prepared to play in the Spring in the following year, you probably shouldn't have a job playing hockey.

To be honest, I expect them to beat Montreal. The Rangers are the better team and have been all season. I then expect them to beat whomever they face in the second round too, since they will be better than whichever team wins that series

But as surprises go, they could magically decide to lay an egg against Montreal and lose. We could forget how to score goals against anyone, Lundqvist could continue his terrible season into the playoffs, which I don't expect him to. There are a few things that could go wrong. That's why it's exciting and should be an enjoyable first round.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Rangers in SIX

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Carey Price since Julien took over:
    13-4-0, 0.943 SV%, 1.57 GAA

His numbers against the Rangers are scary enough. Not liking our odds but hoping for the best.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Fair points but there's no way knowing if they had it intentionally off for the last few weeks. Only time will tell.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I don't mean the players, I'm talking coaching/management. Although those decisions probably send a clear message. Hank's got a little bruise on his hip? Rest him two weeks. McDonagh's a little sore? 5 games off should help. The rest of the guys see that, no doubt.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Anybody have that Kreider meme where he's on a horse light brigading Price?

I can't find it, and I have 1000 Habs fans to troll.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I know this is the matchup everyone wanted from the start but I just don't think this a good match up for us. Pair that with the fact that they've been sleep walking through the last few months of the season, I do not have high hopes.

That said, if they can get a game in MTL, all bets are off.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Well knowing the Rangers it's probably going to be a 7 game nailbiting series with all one goal games. Lot of doubts going into this one for sure. MTL has been playing quite well down the stretch and NYR haven't. Our goaltending is obviously the biggest question mark whereas that's MTL's biggest strength. Fuck...I just hope our top 9 score a shit load of goals because I get the feeling we're going to need a LOT of goals to get past MTL.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I know this is the matchup everyone wanted from the start but I just don't think this a good match up for us. Pair that with the fact that they've been sleep walking through the last few months of the season, I do not have high hopes.

That said, if they can get a game in MTL, all bets are off.
    IMO none of the matchups would have been a good one, however who would you rather play in the 1st round? Washington? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Montreal? Its basically pick your poison in the first round.

Definitely the most favorable match up out of all those opponents.

Yup... the other three teams are all powerhouses, Montreal is not. If Hank can hold his ground against their extremely mediocre offense we'll at least have a shot. I just don't have much faith in our forwards beating Price the amount of times necessary to win 4 games... we'll have to throw him off his game somehow - if that's even possible.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    IMO none of the matchups would have been a good one, however who would you rather play in the 1st round? Washington? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Montreal? Its basically pick your poison in the first round.
    I actually think we matchup better with WAS than with MTL.

Not that I'd rather play them, necessarily, but MTL's style tends to give us fits. Having said that, we have way more talent than MTL does.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I actually think we matchup better with WAS than with MTL.

Not that I'd rather play them, necessarily, but MTL's style tends to give us fits. Having said that, we have way more talent than MTL does.
    I would have agreed a few months ago, but they made some acquisitions that have really changed their look. Their blueline is a lot better than I thought it was before looking in to it a little deeper and they're going to play to that D a lot more under Julien than they did under Therrien.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Mentally preparing myself for a sweep...can't see how this team suddenly flips the switch and starts playing solid hockey.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    Mentally preparing myself for a sweep...can't see how this team suddenly flips the switch and starts playing solid hockey.
    We could at least get drunk for game 2.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm in...

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Rangers in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    I don't know man. All it takes it to have a couple good periods to open the series, maybe the bounces go their way, they come out with energy, go up a couple goals and start to feel confident and all of a sudden you're up 1-0. After that once they settle down and Lundqvist gets into his groove, they can totally take this.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast