Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens General Series Discussion

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Hayes is very visible. Visibly terrible. Every time he gets the puck, he loses it trying to do too much.
    You could start this sentence with Miller and it would have the same effect.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Hayes has actually been better than Miller this post season. Let me qualify that. Hayes has been pretty invisible. Miller has actually had a negative effect on games.

With Nash going, I don't see Stepan being the catalyst to that, although Nash and Vesey have had some chemistry. I might swap Hayes and Stepan if the team is struggling to generate tomorrow night or in the future.

Vesey - Hayes - Nash
    Miller - Stepan - MZA

Not perfect, but giving Miller, Hayes and MZA a different look is becoming necessary. The Rangers are up 3-2 in the series (and were 17 seconds away in game 3 from this series being over if everything after worked out the same) with half their forwards struggling. Forward depth has helped the team, but not the way any of us really expected. The depth and Nash are basically carrying the team, rather than making them dominate offensively.
    I agree, that third line needs to be re-vamped, but IMO, I think Miller would be a better center with Vesey and Nash. I wouldn't touch the 4th line, they have been our best line all series, but that 3rd line needs to be better.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Hayes is very visible. Visibly terrible. Every time he gets the puck, he loses it trying to do too much.

Miller has developed the Nash Playoff Syndrome - gain the zone, post up, and then lose the puck.
    This. Hayes is just painful to watch at the moment. So many times he gets the puck in the neutral zone and it seems like he has no idea what to do with it. He either just ends up standing still and losing the puck, trying some fancy pass and gives it away or he tries to go for himself, which he is way to slow to do, so he ends up getting hit/falls on the ice.

With Miller I feel he just needs a lucky bounce and score his first goal. He's a little like kreider and Nash, got the perfect tools to be a dominant playoff performer. Big, fast, skillfull. He, like Kreider (and Nash previous years) just struggles to get going. Hopefully Nash can help them out a little and I think a series against Ottawa can wake them up.

Things are starting to look better then in the first games for sure. 4th line has been amazing in every game, but now Nash and Vesey are dominating almost every shift, Buch coming into the lineup helps Zib a lot (and the OT winner Im sure will give him a huge boost aswell).

Zuc looks a little banged up the last couple of games I think. He has taken a big amount of huge hits this series and Ott's seems to gotten in his head. I think he will be good if(when) we get past Montreal.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Can we just sit Danny G for the entire season next year (if he's still with the team) and then dust him off for the playoffs? Dude has been a stalwart back there. Makes me remember the love I had for him a few seasons ago (minus the ass fucking that he let Gabs get).

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    This. Hayes is just painful to watch at the moment. So many times he gets the puck in the neutral zone and it seems like he has no idea what to do with it. He either just ends up standing still and losing the puck, trying some fancy pass and gives it away or he tries to go for himself, which he is way to slow to do, so he ends up getting hit/falls on the ice.

With Miller I feel he just needs a lucky bounce and score his first goal. He's a little like kreider and Nash, got the perfect tools to be a dominant playoff performer. Big, fast, skillfull. He, like Kreider (and Nash previous years) just struggles to get going. Hopefully Nash can help them out a little and I think a series against Ottawa can wake them up.

Things are starting to look better then in the first games for sure. 4th line has been amazing in every game, but now Nash and Vesey are dominating almost every shift, Buch coming into the lineup helps Zib a lot (and the OT winner Im sure will give him a huge boost aswell).

Zuc looks a little banged up the last couple of games I think. He has taken a big amount of huge hits this series and Ott's seems to gotten in his head. I think he will be good if(when) we get past Montreal.
    I agree. The thing that gets me is that Hayes and Miller keep getting these golden chances and never convert them. Zucc has been off his game all series, taken too many penalties. He had 26 PIM in the regular season, and this series he has 14 PIM. He needs to play his game and stop letting them get to him.

Senior Member Midget Division
    vesey looked really good. Nash looks possessed. Stepan is playing his way off this team.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    vesey looked really good. Nash looks possessed. Stepan is playing his way off this team.
    Agreed, expose him to the expansion draft

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Miller has developed the Nash Playoff Syndrome - gain the zone, post up, and then lose the puck.
    Hayes is back to his old ways, he's trying to channel Gretzky when he gets the puck...just fucking go to the net with or without it

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

//reported Junior Division
    Miller has been awful. He's trying to do everything himself.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Miller has been awful. He's trying to do everything himself.
    At least he's trying. When Hayes has the puck I have no clue what he's trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    I disagree here. Stepan is having a bad series, but he put up the same amount of points that he has in the regular season that he has put up every season. If anyone is playing his way off the team, its Hayes or Miller. They have been more invisible than Stepan has, and whats worse is that they are on the same line together. You don't dump a player just because of a bad playoff series. If thats the case, then you can say for Pacioretty on Montreal because he has been just as invisible as those 3 and has been kept off the scoresheet.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    At least he's trying. When Hayes has the puck I have no clue what he's trying to do.

Hayes reminds me too much of Dubi. He holds the puck for way too long and then either kills any play that could have happened or turns the puck over.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Hayes reminds me too much of Dubi. He holds the puck for way too long and then either kills any play that could have happened or turns the puck over.
    I'd take Dubinsky over Hayes any day

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I guess I see it differently.

The guys struggling now will be the guys playing well in the next series and beyond and vice versa.

It's never a linear thing and the ebbs and flows are important to remember.

Two weeks ago nobody wanted to see Girardi ever again and now he's an indispensable piece that's been incredibly effective.

You can bet the farm that some hot guys now will later be awful and again, vice versa.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I guess I see it differently.

The guys struggling now will be the guys playing well in the next series and beyond and vice versa.

It's never a linear thing and the ebbs and flows are important to remember.

Two weeks ago nobody wanted to see Girardi ever again and now he's an indispensable piece that's been incredibly effective.

You can bet the farm that some hot guys now will later be awful and again, vice versa.
    Truth, especially as different team matchups magnify the different strengths and weaknesses of the players.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    If the guys playing well keep elevating their gane, and Steps, Kreider, Miller, and Hayes get it goin, we're gonna be near impossible to beat in any series.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Geez. Everyone take a rest. The NYR are leading the series 3-2. Every player, line, game has it's ups and downs. Just think, the series would be over were it not for the melt down in game 2.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Geez. Everyone take a rest. The NYR are leading the series 3-2. Every player, line, game has it's ups and downs. Just think, the series would be over were it not for the melt down in game 2.
    Thanks coach, but unfortunately the results of games 3, 4, and possibly 5 would not be the same if the Rangers survive the last 17 seconds of game 2. Everything changes from one moment to the next. We can only address previous mistakes and make changes so the future doesn't yield similar results.

Fuck
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Squirt Division Bigmoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoe View Post
    Roenick is a dick. Didn't mean to rhyme . He's just jumping on a dead horse " The worst playoff game he's seen"??? Come on I doubt that.
    I still think the team was reeling from the game two fiasco. A couple of days out , they need to shake it out and get back their legs. These are the ebbs and flow of a 7 game series..We can beat this team and I still,think they do.
    Can't believe the team will just roll over and die.. A win tomorrow nite and it's a war.
    Win the series , and see where we go from there.
    Stick it up JRs ass
    This team has been " reeling " for months and if you're satisfied with the performance the last 2+ games, then ..............................
    Just think, the series would be over were it not for the melt down in game 2.
    Yea I was satisfied with how the team played except ofcourse for game 3 , but I explained that and your response was the teams been reeling for months.

Now you have it that the series should be over?

Hahaha .....which is it then ?

Oh yea , and JR is still a dick

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Thanks coach, but unfortunately the results of games 3, 4, and possibly 5 would not be the same if the Rangers survive the last 17 seconds of game 2. Everything changes from one moment to the next. We can only address previous mistakes and make changes so the future doesn't yield similar results.

Fuck
    First of all, I'm not a " coach ". There are many here that are quasi GM'S, Owners, Coaches, Scouts, etc. And, WTF are you talking about?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast