Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens — General Series Discussion

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I don't mind giving Clendening a game. If anything the dude helped our powerplay, and whether we like it or not, part of the reason we're only tied in this series is because we have 0 power play goals. He can't be that much worse than Holden / Klein have been and he is certainly that much more helpful than them on the powerplay. I'd play him next game if he performs well on the PP in practice. Otherwise, I'd probably go back to Klein, whose experience I would want going into a hostile building.
    I feel like the idea of Clendening giving a boost to the PP is a myth and really only appeared in the preseason. He played over 45 min of PP time this year and had two points.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Just curious … when was the last time the NHL's "once-upon-a-time strongest line" played together as a line?

I mean Miller Hayes Grabner

if it was only a week ago, then forget I asked …

but ... if it's been longer than that, is it maybe time to think about reuniting this former monster and see if it can revive its old prowess?
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Certainly worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Just curious … when was the last time the NHL's "once-upon-a-time strongest line" played together as a line?

I mean Miller Hayes Grabner

if it was only a week ago, then forget I asked …

but ... if it's been longer than that, is it maybe time to think about reuniting this former monster and see if it can revive its old prowess?
    Well they were together for games 1 and 2.

That line hasn't been effective since like February.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Grabner/Fast/Lindberg was great the other night. Defensively responsible and kept the puck in the zone often. Heck, Jesper even got a goal.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I feel like the idea of Clendening giving a boost to the PP is a myth and really only appeared in the preseason. He played over 45 min of PP time this year and had two points.
    Fair enough, but right now our guys have around 23 minutes of PP time and have zero points, so I think it might be worth a shot :P

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    Fair enough, but right now our guys have around 23 minutes of PP time and have zero points, so I think it might be worth a shot :P
    Understood, but with that logic I could call Gorton and pine for some pp time for myself. You have to keep putting the best options out there until they figure it out. In December, yeah, you can fuck with them. Not in April. It's their job to execute. They're in a funk at the wrong time. It happens, it's part of the game. If I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna lose with my best guys on the ice.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Understood, but with that logic I could call Gorton and pine for some pp time for myself. You have to keep putting the best options out there until they figure it out. In December, yeah, you can fuck with them. Not in April. It's their job to execute. They're in a funk at the wrong time. It happens, it's part of the game. If I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna lose with my best guys on the ice.
    But at the same time, Clendening does have some offensive game. You give him 4 min of PP time in place of McD, then that's 4 more minutes where your best D man is playing 5 on 5 helping to keep the puck out of your net...

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    But at the same time, Clendening does have some offensive game. You give him 4 min of PP time in place of McD, then that's 4 more minutes where your best D man is playing 5 on 5 helping to keep the puck out of your net...
    PP time are not taxing minutes. I wouldn't worry about that. Mac is playing 22+ regardless.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    PP time are not taxing minutes. I wouldn't worry about that. Mac is playing 22+ regardless.
    They shouldn't be, but lately they can't even get set up in the zone so he ends up skating laps to retrieve the puck for 2 minutes...

Senior Member Midget Division
    i like the way Nash has played this series. He's owes it to us to finally have a good playoff run and carry this team a bit.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i like the way Nash has played this series. He's owes it to us to finally have a good playoff run and carry this team a bit.
    Agreed. I'm the first person to shit on Nash but he's been great. His celebration after his goal in game 4 tells me he's really into it this year. Out to prove something, which is awesome.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well they were together for games 1 and 2.

That line hasn't been effective since like February.
    I don't think Hayes and Miller have been effective in a long time. Something needs to get at least one of them going, this team needs them.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I have no hope for Hayes. Miller just needs a goal

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Miller has always been streaky, similar to Kreider. Get those two going and see what happens

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Hayes has actually been better than Miller this post season. Let me qualify that. Hayes has been pretty invisible. Miller has actually had a negative effect on games.

With Nash going, I don't see Stepan being the catalyst to that, although Nash and Vesey have had some chemistry. I might swap Hayes and Stepan if the team is struggling to generate tomorrow night or in the future.

Vesey - Hayes - Nash
    Miller - Stepan - MZA

Not perfect, but giving Miller, Hayes and MZA a different look is becoming necessary. The Rangers are up 3-2 in the series (and were 17 seconds away in game 3 from this series being over if everything after worked out the same) with half their forwards struggling. Forward depth has helped the team, but not the way any of us really expected. The depth and Nash are basically carrying the team, rather than making them dominate offensively.

The problem is that the Rangers actually have hockey players and MTL is just a bunch of fucking goons.

Member Mite Division richterforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    They've both been pretty much invisible. Hayes looks like he's skating in mud and it seems that every time Miller has the puck he tries some fancy shmancy toe drag or spin-o rama. Krieder is so easy to knock off the puck or he just gives it away with week clearing attempts or stupid plays. These guys need to step it up big time or the series would have been a sweep. Still they are in a good position to move on. LGR!!!

gangsta member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by richterforever View Post
    They've both been pretty much invisible. Hayes looks like he's skating in mud and it seems that every time Miller has the puck he tries some fancy shmancy toe drag or spin-o rama. Krieder is so easy to knock off the puck or he just gives it away with week clearing attempts or stupid plays. These guys need to step it up big time or the series would have been a sweep. Still they are in a good position to move on. LGR!!!
    this was aggravating me to no end last night. Seems like he really wants to be the hero. Can't play like that. Only other complaint has been Holden but that's a dead horse not worth beating at this point.

Otherwise, very happy with the way we have played. We've played in a hostile building and should really have won all 3 of those games. It's the playoffs and we're playing a good team. We can't expect to be dominant for 60 minutes. There are going to be times where you're going to bend, as long as you don't break, and late in game 2 and just a sloppy game 3 aside, we haven't broken.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by richterforever View Post
    Hayes is very visible. Visibly terrible. Every time he gets the puck, he loses it trying to do too much.

Miller has developed the Nash Playoff Syndrome - gain the zone, post up, and then lose the puck.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast