Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens General Series Discussion

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Line up for game 5...does Buch stay in?

I say yes. I think having him on the ice makes Zib better. Plus he can hopefully help get the PP going. On the D side I'd like to see Clendening or Kampfer get a game. Holden and Klein have not been good.
    I'd be stunned if Clendening or Kampfer were in the line up. IF one of them dress, expect the Rangers to roll 5 and spot shift one of them. Probably in the 6-8 minute ice time range.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I'd go Kampfer. Does what it says on the can.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I'd be stunned if Clendening or Kampfer were in the line up. IF one of them dress, expect the Rangers to roll 5 and spot shift one of them. Probably in the 6-8 minute ice time range.
    Holden only played 14 last night. Maybe Clendening could give a shot in the arm to the PP. PP time and some early game offensive zone starts and he could eat up 10 minutes. Then roll 5 D in the 3rd.

Holden only played 14 last night. Maybe Clendening could give a shot in the arm to the PP. PP time and some early game offensive zone starts and he could eat up 10 minutes. Then roll 5 D in the 3rd.
    Maybe at home. Rangers have to change first tomorrow night. I guess he could eat 10+, but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade that is. You might get 1 good game out of a guy like that just from the adrenaline factor. All teams ride their horses now. All teams have "that guy" that everyone cringes at when they're on the ice. Tough to be that deep on blue line where you're comfortable with every pair.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    Maybe at home. Rangers have to change first tomorrow night. I guess he could eat 10+, but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade that is. You might get 1 good game out of a guy like that just from the adrenaline factor. All teams ride their horses now. All teams have "that guy" that everyone cringes at when they're on the ice. Tough to be that deep on blue line where you're comfortable with every pair.
    I didn't notice Girardi last night (which is a good thing), but I actually thought Staal had a very solid game. If you can lean on Mac, Skjei, Staal, and Smith and sprinkle in G and Holden, I think that's ideal. Holden was awful on that 2-on-1 and obviously a mess for the first two games so if you can limit him or put him in offensive situations, I think he can work. But you're right. Whether it's him or Klien or Clendenning or Kampfer, it doesn't really matter. They're all horrible.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Generally speaking. How are all these " horrible " players that the NYR employ, able to play in the NHL and help a team get to the play-offs with over 100 points? All players have downsides and make bad plays or some such other miscues. It seems as if magic has propelled this team to a 2-2 record in these play-offs.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Generally speaking. How are all these " horrible " players that the NYR employ, able to play in the NHL and help a team get to the play-offs with over 100 points? All players have downsides and make bad plays or some such other miscues. It seems as if magic has propelled this team to a 2-2 record in these play-offs.
    It's always relative. Are they better than me? Yes. Are they better than the mainstays in the lineup? No. You sound like my dad, lol. "How can he 'suck' if he's in the NHL?" C'mon, we're not talking generalities here.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I didn't notice Girardi last night (which is a good thing), but I actually thought Staal had a very solid game. If you can lean on Mac, Skjei, Staal, and Smith and sprinkle in G and Holden, I think that's ideal. Holden was awful on that 2-on-1 and obviously a mess for the first two games so if you can limit him or put him in offensive situations, I think he can work. But you're right. Whether it's him or Klien or Clendenning or Kampfer, it doesn't really matter. They're all horrible.
    G had a solid game. Watching from above always gives a much better view of where guys are. He had a couple of turnovers, but nothing glaring. He made some smart dumps, soft and in the corners. He also made a great play lifting Pacioretty's stick right in front in the 2nd period. Feet are a bit slow, but that's G. Keep your guy wide and you can disguise that a bit.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    It's always relative. Are they better than me? Yes. Are they better than the mainstays in the lineup? No. You sound like my dad, lol. "How can he 'suck' if he's in the NHL?" C'mon, we're not talking generalities here.
    Exactly this. It's all relative.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

So because either the Canadians have missed the net, or Hank has made a big save, we should keep putting Holden on the ice to turn the puck over in terrible spots? Yes all players make bad plays. The issue is how frequently Holden is making them.

Why isn't the league looking at the Ott kick to Zuc, or the Radulov elbow to Smith?

Isn't that elbow similar to what Tkachuk was suspended for a month ago? At least Tkachuk was going for the puck.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    Why isn't the league looking at the Ott kick to Zuc, or the Radulov elbow to Smith?

Isn't that elbow similar to what Tkachuk was suspended for a month ago? At least Tkachuk was going for the puck.
    Byron elbowed Smith, Radulov slashed him lol.

I have no clue how the league isn't looking at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Byron elbowed Smith, Radulov slashed him lol.

I have no clue how the league isn't looking at anything.
    Right, thank you. The Radulov slash is a missed call, but that elbow is a joke. That kick could have cut Zuc open.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    So because either the Canadians have missed the net, or Hank has made a big save, we should keep putting Holden on the ice to turn the puck over in terrible spots? Yes all players make bad plays. The issue is how frequently Holden is making them.

" generally speaking " means exactly that. I get that Holden is the flavor of the month, but the fact remains that the Rangers had more than 100 points and were propelled there by the entire roster, and are 2-2 after playing some awful periods.

" generally speaking " means exactly that. I get that Holden is the flavor of the month, but the fact remains that the Rangers had more than 100 points and were propelled there by the entire roster, and are 2-2 after playing some awful periods.
    Right, right. So after playing 19:27 in Game 1 and 22:29 in Game 2, he found himself in the press box for Game 3 and only played 14:25 in Game 4. You're right though. The coaches are loving what they're seeing from Holden and the fans are just picking on him.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I don't mind giving Clendening a game. If anything the dude helped our powerplay, and whether we like it or not, part of the reason we're only tied in this series is because we have 0 power play goals. He can't be that much worse than Holden / Klein have been and he is certainly that much more helpful than them on the powerplay. I'd play him next game if he performs well on the PP in practice. Otherwise, I'd probably go back to Klein, whose experience I would want going into a hostile building.

Teams are not propelled by everyone on their roster during a season. There are pieces. Some good, some bad, some steady, some indifferent. It's the staff's job to push the right buttons, and the player's job to execute. It's not all rainbows and unicorns for top teams, ever. The Rangers end up with 100 points with or without Holden. Same could be said about other individuals on this team as well as individuals on other playoff teams.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I don't mind giving Clendening a game. If anything the dude helped our powerplay, and whether we like it or not, part of the reason we're only tied in this series is because we have 0 power play goals. He can't be that much worse than Holden / Klein have been and he is certainly that much more helpful than them on the powerplay. I'd play him next game if he performs well on the PP in practice. Otherwise, I'd probably go back to Klein, whose experience I would want going into a hostile building.
    They'll never trust Clendening in the umbrella, which is what they've been running. They need to run an overload to his side of the rink.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Goddamn, Mikey spitting truth all fucking day today. You're on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Goddamn, Mikey spitting truth all fucking day today. You're on a roll.
    I'm keeping a positive frame of mind from now on. Rather get repped than reprimanded. Plus, I figure the CTC boys could steal my insite for their articles.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast