Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers v. Canadiens — General Series Discussion

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Rangers v. Canadiens — General Series Discussion

Skates up, boys! Get some!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    I miss that team...

Senior Member Bantam Division
    That MSL snipe was so fucking dirty I can't even watch it without getting a little queasy.

Skates up boys!

swamped Midget Division
    Sounds like the Montreal media is already turning Kreider into public enemy no. 1. Gonna be a helluva atmosphere for game 1
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Carey Price since Julien took over:
    13-4-0, 0.943 SV%, 1.57 GAA

Senior Member Junior Division
    Should be an interesting series. Hank has been extremely mediocre this season whereas Price has been mostly Price. Montreal can certainly be beat, but I dont know if we have the weapons to beat one of the best goalies in the league consistently enough to somehow win 4 games

I hate to say it, but since the first few weeks of the season this team has been just meh, and meh teams typically don't go very far. By all accounts it's Montreals series to lose

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Price is the key, Kreider knocks him out game 1 and Rangers win the series.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Should be an interesting series. Hank has been extremely mediocre this season whereas Price has been mostly Price. Montreal can certainly be beat, but I dont know if we have the weapons to beat one of the best goalies in the league consistently enough to somehow win 4 games

I hate to say it, but since the first few weeks of the season this team has been just meh, and meh teams typically don't go very far. By all accounts it's Montreals series to lose
    Have to agree, unfortunately, but I'd be beating a dead horse. My thoughts on this team are no secret.

The way the team has been playing the last few weeks is actually the team I expected coming into the season. Actually maybe a little better than I thought. This is the easier of the two routes to the ECF but that doesn't mean they make it even past the first round.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

Montreal hasn't been "meh"? They've gone to overtime 22 times and got their coach fired in February. They've got a losing record against the Metro, and are 3-6 against CBJ, PIT and WAS. They lost a game 10-0...

Price has had ups and downs too. There was a stretch of 33 starts where he had a save % of just .904 - from his first loss to them hiring Julien. His numbers are inflated since then, because they've played shitty teams. In his 18 games since Julien took over, they've played a lot of games against terrible offensive teams. They've played: Ottawa (3 games, 22nd in goals per game), Buffalo (24th), Florida (23rd), Carolina (20th), VAN (29th), (DAL 17th) and TBL (14th). When you're playing against average-at-best offenses in half your games, your goalie should have good numbers.

Montreal is probably the favorite just because they're at home, but they have just as many warts as the Rangers do, if not more. Their margin for error is razor thin, because they're going to have to win every game 2-1.

Rangers have been average at best in their last 20 games, 2.60 GF/GP

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Carey Price:
    22 GP
    15 W
    5 L
    1 T/O
    .940 SV%
    1.82 GAA
    7 SO

He plays his best hockey vs. the Rangers. Most wins vs. non-divisional opponent, most shutouts vs. an opponent, highest SV% vs. an opponent, only team he has a lower GAA is vs. Arizona.

Chris Kreider, you know what you gotta do.

//reported Junior Division
    Wonder what's going on in Price's head. I doubt he's going to harp on what happened in 2014, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were aware of Kreider when Kreider's on the ice.
    With that being said, baise les habs, but without Therrien behind the bench, I don't hate this team nearly as much.

We can only hope Emelin runs around like an idiot again.

Emelin checks Hyman into Price - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVuL_6PkJ2g
    Predators > Anaheim > Pens/Sens >>>>>>>>>> NYR Hidden Content

I doubt Kreider is on his mind, it's not like Kreider is the type to target other players, it was a fluke play that injured him

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I doubt Kreider is on his mind, it's not like Kreider is the type to target other players, it was a fluke play that injured him

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Yeah, I guess. I doubt so too, but for me, a non-professional athlete who isn't able to separate the game and emotion, it might be in the back of my mind a little bit. And if that's the case, it might throw off my game.

We can only hope, but you're right. I doubt it.

Is the Bell Centre in Hank's head?
    God, I fucking hope not.

You should buy tickets and throw eaten wings in Prices crease

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I'll get in for free in MTL cause my last name is Bell.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Rangers have been average at best in their last 20 games, 2.60 GF/GP

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    While this is certainly true, at game 60 for the Rangers they were at 80 points, 3rd in the Metro, 1 point in front of Columbus but the Blue Jackets had 2 games in hand. They were 12 points up on the 8th place team.

We've been talking about it since about then, the 1st WC was where the team wanted to finish and it was so easy for them to do so. All they had to do was be average at best. A .500 record almost assured them of finishing exactly where they wanted to be. And no where along those last 20 games was the 1st WC spot in any sort of jeopardy.

So any minor injury that a player would normally fight through in a playoff positioning battle down the stretch was a good enough reason to sit and get healthy. And to that end, the Rangers will enter the post season with a completely healthy roster.

The only question I have is can this team turn it back on after having it intentionally off for so long. That will decide how far the Rangers go this post season.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    While this is certainly true, at game 60 for the Rangers they were at 80 points, 3rd in the Metro, 1 point in front of Columbus but the Blue Jackets had 2 games in hand. They were 12 points up on the 8th place team.

We've been talking about it since about then, the 1st WC was where the team wanted to finish and it was so easy for them to do so. All they had to do was be average at best. A .500 record almost assured them of finishing exactly where they wanted to be. And no where along those last 20 games was the 1st WC spot in any sort of jeopardy.

So any minor injury that a player would normally fight through was a good enough reason to sit and get healthy. And to that end, the Rangers will enter the post season with a completely healthy roster.

The only question I have is can this team turn it back on after having it intentionally off for so long. That will decide how far the Rangers go this post season.
    Fair points but there's no way knowing if they had it intentionally off for the last few weeks. Only time will tell.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast