Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Does Jesper Fast Bring To This Team?

//reported Junior Division
    I had a dream I assisted to Fast on a goal. Felt so real, thought the score of last night's game was 3-1.
    LGR!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Hot sauce is a hell of a drug.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    obviously he's no star or anything, but he fills his role as well as anyone else we would reasonably get for it, and he's signed to a very reasonable salary with a few years left. No need to trade him just a pick and open up a hole on the roster
    So is Paul Carey... Do we need to latch on to these 4th liners because they do 4th line things well? I don't know. Always feel people give him too much credit for being what he is. Every team has a Fast and it seems like the cupboard is filled with similar types.

I don't know why it bothers me. Not a big deal. There are worse players that have been propped up and overvalued. They just dealt one in Miller, whom I felt got the same treatment.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    I seriously doubt any NHL scouts would lump Fast in with Paul Carey. There is a reason that so many people, including the coach and the players who vote him player's player, gush about Fast while Carey will be sniffing around for a tryout contract over the summer.

Senior Member Mite Division Gravesy's Avatar
    I like him. Good 3rd/4th liner. Not brilliant or anything even approaching it, but maximum effort every night and probably fucking annoying to play against. Like having a wasp in your car.
    The Fast/Hayes/Spooner line has something about it imo.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 03-07-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I seriously doubt any NHL scouts would lump Fast in with Paul Carey. There is a reason that so many people, including the coach and the players who vote him player's player, gush about Fast while Carey will be sniffing around for a tryout contract over the summer.
    Nor would they gush about Fast. Just not all in on Fast. Take him or leave him. Not sure he makes a difference or if he's supposed to.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    obviously he's no star or anything, but he fills his role as well as anyone else we would reasonably get for it, and he's signed to a very reasonable salary with a few years left. No need to trade him just a pick and open up a hole on the roster
    This.

I like his speed, his hustle, his PK/defensive abilities (most of the time). Seems to have decent hockey IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hot sauce is a hell of a drug.
    Pass the cayenne Pete.
    Too much snow ... imma ready.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    He fits his role,but will his cap hit in the near future ruin his role on the team

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    He switched to 17 in the off-season...
    I know, now he'll have to switch when they retire Tkaczuk to the rafters.

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    He fits his role,but will his cap hit in the near future ruin his role on the team
    Isn't that kind of how we ended up losing Hags? I mean, he is no Hags but I dunno.....someday he will deserve a decent raise {maybe around 2.5 to 3 mil per. For 5 years? I'd do it.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I don't get why anyone has a problem wit the guy. He plays a good defensive game. He isn't flashy, but that isn't his role. His role is to be a defensive forward that can play any big defensive situation. he rarely makes a mistake, he is just one of those unsung heroes. He is smart with the puck, and he is very reliable and can pop a goal in her and there. He is exactly what you want n a defensive forward, and very far off from what Paul Carey is and brings to this team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234