Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Mike Flynn: Aftermath of Dropped Charges

  1. #41
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,978
    Rep Power
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Holy smokes, the incoming NSA advisor spoke with a Russian peer, after the election was long over. What a smoking gun. This proves beyond any doubt that people in the incoming administration had conversations with their colleagues from the Russian government about their incoming government.

    To prove further that Trump is a Russian spy, the US under his watch then sold weapons to Ukraine, which they wouldn't do under the previous administration. By arming Russia's primary adversary in the theater, we can be sure that Trump is a Russian spy. It all makes perfect sense.
    National Security Advisor talks with counterpart from a hostile power confirmed to have made advances that threaten our national security declines to investigate those advances and tells the hostile power "don't worry about it, in 20 days we can sweep it under the rug" is appalling, nee treasonous behavior.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  2. #42
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,541
    Rep Power
    416
    It's a truly great quid pro quo. In return for Russia purchasing $1000 worth of Facebook ads, the US arms the Ukraine and hits Russia with economic sanctions. It all makes perfect sense.

  3. #43
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,509
    Rep Power
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It's a truly great quid pro quo. In return for Russia purchasing $1000 worth of Facebook ads, the US arms the Ukraine and hits Russia with economic sanctions. It all makes perfect sense.
    Trump reluctantly armed Ukraine because he got caught in a quid pro quo.

    Obama placed the first sanctions on Russia for their meddling.

    Trump has since lifted sanctions on friends of Putin. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...tvPnCua_qekquN

    It's a politcal section. At some point you'll have to discuss the issue with more than sarcasm and hyperbole.

  4. #44
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,541
    Rep Power
    416
    Was that the "room to maneuver" Obama talked about?

    Thanks for the tip, I have about 5 infractions in ten years to your assumed 10,000 infractions and 14 outright bans, but I'll take that in to consideration.

  5. #45
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,509
    Rep Power
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Was that the "room to maneuver" Obama talked about?

    Thanks for the tip, I have about 5 infractions in ten years to your assumed 10,000 infractions and 14 outright bans, but I'll take that in to consideration.
    Well, you get more leeway because the staff doesn't want to appear biased.

    But the conservatives all complain about bias, anyway... So... Yea.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,449
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well, you get more leeway because the staff doesn't want to appear biased.

    But the conservatives all complain about bias, anyway... So... Yea.
    Don't know about that. Can't speak for Dunny, but I got thread banned from the Biden thread for ragging on Huff Post (I think? Wasn't told why) when we were having a friendly discussion. Perma-bans from threads for some banter is a bit strong.

  7. #47
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,509
    Rep Power
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Don't know about that. Can't speak for Dunny, but I got thread banned from the Biden thread for ragging on Huff Post (I think? Wasn't told why) when we were having a friendly discussion. Perma-bans from threads for some banter is a bit strong.
    I'm banned from there , too. We derailed the thread. I'm not surprised.

  8. #48
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,978
    Rep Power
    352
    Dismissing charges against former Trump aide is 'abuse of power', says ex-judge reviewing case

    “It is unusual for a criminal defendant to claim innocence and move to withdraw his guilty plea after repeatedly swearing under oath that he committed the crime,” Mr Sullivan has argued in a previous court filing.

    “It is unprecedented for an Acting US Attorney to contradict the solemn representations that career prosecutors made time and again, and undermine the district court’s legal and factual findings, in moving on his own to dismiss the charge years after two different federal judges accepted the defendant’s plea," Mr Sullivan said.
    “The Government’s ostensible grounds for seeking dismissal are conclusively disproven by its own briefs filed earlier in this very proceeding,” former US District Judge John Gleeson wrote in a filing on Wednesday, a month after federal prosecutors, influenced by DOJ brass, moved to dismiss the case.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  9. #49
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,599
    Rep Power
    575
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #50
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,404
    Rep Power
    64
    Is this still considered draining the swamp?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  11. #51
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Power
    96
    Reading in a variety of Twitter posts that there is jeopardy for Flynn accepting the pardon...like losing his 5th Amendment rights to self-incrimination and that a pardon would trigger some legal loss of protection for his son and that he can still be charged, even after a pardon with state-based transgressions. Not being a lawyer IDK but I bet there are plenty of conversations being had behind closed doors.

    Copping twice to a a guilty plea seems pretty damning and for Trump to want to let that go via pardon is pretty damning in itself. GOP is ravenously ruining any shred of reputation left.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,013
    Rep Power
    32
    He knows he's cooked, so he's just causing as much havoc as he can on his way out. Next up is probably pardoning Snowden and Asange. lol

  13. #53
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    11,030
    Rep Power
    116
    Flynn pardoned (just said on Channel 7 News)

  14. #54
    Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    11784
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Reading in a variety of Twitter posts that there is jeopardy for Flynn accepting the pardon...like losing his 5th Amendment rights to self-incrimination and that a pardon would trigger some legal loss of protection for his son and that he can still be charged, even after a pardon with state-based transgressions. Not being a lawyer IDK but I bet there are plenty of conversations being had behind closed doors.

    Copping twice to a a guilty plea seems pretty damning and for Trump to want to let that go via pardon is pretty damning in itself. GOP is ravenously ruining any shred of reputation left.
    GOP voters DON'T CARE. It has always about what Trump does against people that GOP voters hate.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •