Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Flynn: Aftermath of Dropped Charges

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Holy smokes, the incoming NSA advisor spoke with a Russian peer, after the election was long over. What a smoking gun. This proves beyond any doubt that people in the incoming administration had conversations with their colleagues from the Russian government about their incoming government.

To prove further that Trump is a Russian spy, the US under his watch then sold weapons to Ukraine, which they wouldn't do under the previous administration. By arming Russia's primary adversary in the theater, we can be sure that Trump is a Russian spy. It all makes perfect sense.
    National Security Advisor talks with counterpart from a hostile power confirmed to have made advances that threaten our national security declines to investigate those advances and tells the hostile power "don't worry about it, in 20 days we can sweep it under the rug" is appalling, nee treasonous behavior.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    It's a truly great quid pro quo. In return for Russia purchasing $1000 worth of Facebook ads, the US arms the Ukraine and hits Russia with economic sanctions. It all makes perfect sense.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    It's a truly great quid pro quo. In return for Russia purchasing $1000 worth of Facebook ads, the US arms the Ukraine and hits Russia with economic sanctions. It all makes perfect sense.
    Trump reluctantly armed Ukraine because he got caught in a quid pro quo.

Obama placed the first sanctions on Russia for their meddling.

Trump has since lifted sanctions on friends of Putin. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...tvPnCua_qekquN

It's a politcal section. At some point you'll have to discuss the issue with more than sarcasm and hyperbole.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Was that the "room to maneuver" Obama talked about?

Thanks for the tip, I have about 5 infractions in ten years to your assumed 10,000 infractions and 14 outright bans, but I'll take that in to consideration.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Was that the "room to maneuver" Obama talked about?

Thanks for the tip, I have about 5 infractions in ten years to your assumed 10,000 infractions and 14 outright bans, but I'll take that in to consideration.
    Well, you get more leeway because the staff doesn't want to appear biased.

But the conservatives all complain about bias, anyway... So... Yea.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well, you get more leeway because the staff doesn't want to appear biased.

But the conservatives all complain about bias, anyway... So... Yea.
    Don't know about that. Can't speak for Dunny, but I got thread banned from the Biden thread for ragging on Huff Post (I think? Wasn't told why) when we were having a friendly discussion. Perma-bans from threads for some banter is a bit strong.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Don't know about that. Can't speak for Dunny, but I got thread banned from the Biden thread for ragging on Huff Post (I think? Wasn't told why) when we were having a friendly discussion. Perma-bans from threads for some banter is a bit strong.
    I'm banned from there , too. We derailed the thread. I'm not surprised.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Dismissing charges against former Trump aide is 'abuse of power', says ex-judge reviewing case

“It is unusual for a criminal defendant to claim innocence and move to withdraw his guilty plea after repeatedly swearing under oath that he committed the crime,” Mr Sullivan has argued in a previous court filing.

“It is unprecedented for an Acting US Attorney to contradict the solemn representations that career prosecutors made time and again, and undermine the district court’s legal and factual findings, in moving on his own to dismiss the charge years after two different federal judges accepted the defendant’s plea," Mr Sullivan said.
    “The Government’s ostensible grounds for seeking dismissal are conclusively disproven by its own briefs filed earlier in this very proceeding,” former US District Judge John Gleeson wrote in a filing on Wednesday, a month after federal prosecutors, influenced by DOJ brass, moved to dismiss the case.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Is this still considered draining the swamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Reading in a variety of Twitter posts that there is jeopardy for Flynn accepting the pardon...like losing his 5th Amendment rights to self-incrimination and that a pardon would trigger some legal loss of protection for his son and that he can still be charged, even after a pardon with state-based transgressions. Not being a lawyer IDK but I bet there are plenty of conversations being had behind closed doors.

Copping twice to a a guilty plea seems pretty damning and for Trump to want to let that go via pardon is pretty damning in itself. GOP is ravenously ruining any shred of reputation left.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    He knows he's cooked, so he's just causing as much havoc as he can on his way out. Next up is probably pardoning Snowden and Asange. lol

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Flynn pardoned (just said on Channel 7 News)

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Reading in a variety of Twitter posts that there is jeopardy for Flynn accepting the pardon...like losing his 5th Amendment rights to self-incrimination and that a pardon would trigger some legal loss of protection for his son and that he can still be charged, even after a pardon with state-based transgressions. Not being a lawyer IDK but I bet there are plenty of conversations being had behind closed doors.

Copping twice to a a guilty plea seems pretty damning and for Trump to want to let that go via pardon is pretty damning in itself. GOP is ravenously ruining any shred of reputation left.
    GOP voters DON'T CARE. It has always about what Trump does against people that GOP voters hate.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123