• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sel?nne: Ducks want Kariya back in fold, but he?s ?very bitter about hockey?

Phil

After sharply criticizing the league during his retirement announcement ? he said every hit that ever knocked him out was an illegal one ? Kariya has virtually disconnected from the hockey world, save the occasional report alluding to his bitterness towards the NHL.

But there have been efforts to connect with him.

Including those from the team he rose to prominence with.

In a recent interview on Ray Ferraro?s Pulp Hockey podcast, Teemu Selanne ? Kariya?s longtime running mate in Anaheim ? shed some light on how the Ducks would welcome Kariya back? and how Kariya?s consistently rebuffed the idea.

More:

?It was kind of a shame how his career ended. He?s very bitter about that. He always thought that the NHL was not looking after the players the way they should. So that?s why he doesn?t want to be involved with hockey at all, and he almost kind of like disappeared from the hockey world, which is very sad.

?What he has done for hockey, and especially here in Anaheim and California, it?s unbelievable. He was an unbelievable hockey player, and I had a great time with him. It hurts me that he doesn?t want to be part of hockey, because I think he has a lot to offer and give. Hopefully one day he will come back, for some reason. I know the Ducks have really tried hard to get him back and into the program.

?But he?s very bitter about hockey, which is very sad.?

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/03/28/selanne-ducks-want-kariya-back-in-fold-but-hes-very-bitter-about-hockey/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived