• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Experiences with Kodi

The Dude

I can't speak to the install. My brother did it for me since he was doing like four or five of them at once. But I can tell you that installing the plug-ins themselves is incredibly easy. No bugs I've encountered, can't imagine it's going to be shutdown any time soon (though from time-to-time specific streams may get axed). I've had mine for well over a year with no issues there.

In terms of WiFi, I'd imagine for peak quality (1080p), you'd want a strong one.

I have Kodi, but recently, most of the new moves look like crap, they are shitty copies that you can barely watch. The past 3 moviesI tried watching on it, were unwatchable because the quality was poor. I have watched some great quality ones though in the past. My wife watches it more and has never had problem with the movies she watches. Its a free app, so its worth it, its a also just a pain in the ass to download. I used a video on YouTube to do the download, it was easier.

Anyone using Kodi on a firestick or chromecast? I'm currently waiting for my back ordered firestic (april 17th??? Jeez). Wondering if it's worth the hype or should I cancel the order.

You're in the Centereach area right? One of the barbers at the shop I go to in Ronkonkoma does firesticks and is really good with it. I know it isn't very hard to do it yourself but all the extra stuff he puts into it plus the customer service he offers for when apps start acting up is worth having someone who knows the ins and outs of this stuff. I just got a firestick to bring to him myself. Hoping to drastically cut down on my DirecTV bill.

You're in the Centereach area right? One of the barbers at the shop I go to in Ronkonkoma does firesticks and is really good with it. I know it isn't very hard to do it yourself but all the extra stuff he puts into it plus the customer service he offers for when apps start acting up is worth having someone who knows the ins and outs of this stuff. I just got a firestick to bring to him myself. Hoping to drastically cut down on my DirecTV bill.

Which barber? I go to Viks on portion. Ahh man, do you go to the meathead one right next door, next to the headshop?

There's plenty of YouTube videos out there that I've been told to check out. Lol I wouldn't trust a barber to load anything that will have any of my personal info/credit card info via Amazon, going onto it. I'm weird like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Free VPNs are not your friend. If a VPN is free, more often than not, they're making money off you in a less than savory way.

But, to answer your question; yes, you need a VPN if you plan on using NHL GameCenter and plan on watching an "in market" game while being in that market.

been doing this and am very happy with my decision so far. Sometimes the feeds suck (wonder if thats not my connection which has been shaky lately) but $130/year beats my $180/month bill any day.

• 2 weeks later...
what Kodi build are you guys using? I find that I have to change builds every few weeks/months to keep up with the latest and greatest add-ons.

17.3 or .4, I forgot which one it was.

Never upgraded, probably will to 17.5 in a week, after I read reviews.

My builder told us(his FB group) that 17.5 isn't much of an update, very minor tweaks. Said it is not a necessary change yet.

Archived