Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What If

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    yeah it was rough. we buried her with her Messier jersey going out to ACDC like she would've wanted
    My condolences. Your mom sounds like a real fun person. I imagine you enjoyed many Ranger games together. She'd be happy to know you are thinking about her as the boys advance through the playoffs.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBoy89 View Post
    I'm honestly just glad we may get some different Playoff matchups this year. In the last 7 Playoff runs, we have played the Caps FIVE times.. And we've played the Pens the last 3 years in the Playoffs.. It will be nice to get into the Atlantic just for the fact that I don't have to listen to the announcers talk about Crosby and Ovi for a few rounds, should we make it that far lol. Like I said, I'd love the Sens to finish 1st, then maybe let Boston upset Montreal, or even the Maple Leafs, who could catch Boston at this rate. Anything to give us some new matchups. Nothing will be easy, I just can't wait for April 12th. LGR
    ^^this^^
    In our household, we can hardly wait for the playoffs this year. This time last year, a pall seemed to hover over the team, the season and the upcoming playoffs. We kinda got screwed with the playoff system. We were regressing, entering as a beat-up group who lost their speed and style. No momentum, with immediate matchups against the same ole rivals who were playing our fast game successfully for months. Not to mention the team was playing bad hockey, little chemistry and too many individuals were not playing near their potential.

In contrast, this year is very different. We are healthy at the moment and ready to roll 4 lines down the Atlantic's collective throats. Can't wait to see our 3rd and 4th lines skate circles around Ott or Neil, while they flail and miss on that game changing hit on Vesey.

It is so refreshing to anticipate some new opponents and rivalries in the opening rounds. A different path, while the heavy Caps and Jackets, along with the Cindys beat the hell out of each other to be the sole survivor. If all goes well, the Rangers will get to reunite with the best of our division in the Conference finals. The way it should be.

Besides, who the hell is gonna think beating the Canadians with Price in Montreal (probably our toughest road building, neutralizing our road excellence) is an easy opening or second round. And I'm not sleeping on Ottawa. Their goaltending has been shutdown, at times, this year. However, IMO we will prove that the Metro has the 4 best teams in the Conference. Future, it is not like we get to skip the Metro winner. The war you are looking for will eventually happen. Just gotta wait for the ECF.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 03-22-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234