• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lost/Stolen License Plate

Blue Heaven

Got a friggin ticket this A.M. for a missing license plate. Obviously I had no idea it was missing....who really checks to see if their license is there every time?

Been trying to speak to someone at the DMV and its impossible to talk to someone, its just recordings.

Because of the snow storm I can only park my car in the street since my driveway is blocked by 3 feet of ice, and my neighbors van is stuck in the middle of the driveway in ice.

Police friends, how can I avoid more tickets for a missing license until I figure out how to get a new license? Can the ticket be fought since it was unbeknownst to me that I am missing my plate?

Anyone know if I can avoid a trip to the DMV?

Thanks

:angry::banghead:

Do you know if they give me a new plate(s) there or do I have to get it in the mail?

You might be able to do it online at the website, or you may have to go down there. They will mail you one, but if you go there they may give you a temporary plate, but Im not sure. Just go into your local precinct and make the report first.

You might be able to do it online at the website, or you may have to go down there. They will mail you one, but if you go there they may give you a temporary plate, but Im not sure. Just go into your local precinct and make the report first.

Thanks.

My wife went to the precinct but couldnt do anything b/c she's not on my car's registration soooooooo i got a fun off day tomorrow running to the police station, then off to the dmv.

Archived