Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Shattenkirk Suspended Two Games For Charging

  1. #1
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    9,753
    Rep Power
    79

    Shattenkirk Suspended Two Games For Charging

    NHL Player Safety‏ @NHLPlayerSafety
    Washington’s Kevin Shattenkirk suspended two games for charging Los Angeles’ Kevin Gravel.
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=K5XTZNJo0lU

    Quite honestly Im baffled how he got 2 games, sure it was charging, but we've seen dudes do worse than this and not get 2 games. Shattenkirk has never been suspended before. AND this is like EVERY Ovechkin hit and he never gets a hearing. NHL is telling me that this is worse than every Tom Wilson suspendable hit that doesn't even get a hearing?
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 03-12-2017 at 06:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    11784
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    6
    Because AO, Cindy, Gina and guys like that make money for the league, ALLEGEDLY, so they have "immunity". Not to mention other players on said players team (see Matt Cooke) Only reason Capt. Shattenkirk was punished IMO is because everyone knows that he's not resigning with Washington come seasons end.
    THANK YOU, FOKK YOU, BYE!!!!

  3. #3
    //reported Junior Division
    booze and wingz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,397
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Because AO, Cindy, Gina and guys like that make money for the league, ALLEGEDLY, so they have "immunity". Not to mention other players on said players team (see Matt Cooke) Only reason Capt. Shattenkirk was punished IMO is because everyone knows that he's not resigning with Washington come seasons end.
    Why would him not resigning with Washington in the offseason have anything to do with a suspension?
    MacKinnon > Stepan and Kreider?
    Barrie > Staal + 1st?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    NHL Player Safety‏ @NHLPlayerSafety


    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=K5XTZNJo0lU

    Quite honestly Im baffled how he got 2 games, sure it was charging, but we've seen dudes do worse than this and get 2 games. Shattenkirk has never been suspended before. AND this is like EVERY Ovechkin hit and he never gets a hearing. NHL is telling me that this is worse than every Tom Wilson suspendable hit that doesn't even get a hearing?
    He jumped at the dude's head and made initial contact with his jaw. Everyone that does that would get suspended.

  5. #5
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    11,351
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Why would him not resigning with Washington in the offseason have anything to do with a suspension?
    Sorry but that's the craziest thing I've ever heard

    Hope that's a joke.

    Anyways, he deserved the suspension. What's a joke is the NHLs inconsistency in punishing players that throw these type of hits.

  6. #6
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    He jumped at the dude's head and made initial contact with his jaw. Everyone that does that would get suspended.
    This. Google Downie McAmmond for why it's important to always suspend on these types of plays.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    34
    Forgot about that one. That was nasty. In a pre-season game no less.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    6
    Alas. He deserved the ban. Would NEVER do that as a NYR! Shattenkirk, that is.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Alas. He deserved the ban. Would NEVER do that as a NYR! Shattenkirk, that is.
    Sad as it may sound, I actually would be okay with him making hits like that as a Ranger. When was the last time we had a d-man that would deliver a hit like that (excluding McI)?

  10. #10
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Alas. He deserved the ban. Would NEVER do that as a NYR! Shattenkirk, that is.
    So you know for a fact that if he was playing with us he wouldn't make a hit like that?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    6
    Yep.

  12. #12
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Yep.
    I'd love to know how lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •