• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shattenkirk Suspended Two Games For Charging

:tweet: NHL Player Safety‏ @NHLPlayerSafety

Washington’s Kevin Shattenkirk suspended two games for charging Los Angeles’ Kevin Gravel.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=K5XTZNJo0lU

Quite honestly Im baffled how he got 2 games, sure it was charging, but we've seen dudes do worse than this and not get 2 games. Shattenkirk has never been suspended before. AND this is like EVERY Ovechkin hit and he never gets a hearing. NHL is telling me that this is worse than every Tom Wilson suspendable hit that doesn't even get a hearing?

Because AO, Cindy, Gina and guys like that make money for the league, ALLEGEDLY, so they have "immunity". Not to mention other players on said players team (see Matt Cooke) Only reason Capt. Shattenkirk was punished IMO is because everyone knows that he's not resigning with Washington come seasons end.

Because AO, Cindy, Gina and guys like that make money for the league, ALLEGEDLY, so they have "immunity". Not to mention other players on said players team (see Matt Cooke) Only reason Capt. Shattenkirk was punished IMO is because everyone knows that he's not resigning with Washington come seasons end.

Why would him not resigning with Washington in the offseason have anything to do with a suspension?

:tweet: NHL Player Safety‏ @NHLPlayerSafety

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=K5XTZNJo0lU

Quite honestly Im baffled how he got 2 games, sure it was charging, but we've seen dudes do worse than this and get 2 games. Shattenkirk has never been suspended before. AND this is like EVERY Ovechkin hit and he never gets a hearing. NHL is telling me that this is worse than every Tom Wilson suspendable hit that doesn't even get a hearing?

He jumped at the dude's head and made initial contact with his jaw. Everyone that does that would get suspended.

Why would him not resigning with Washington in the offseason have anything to do with a suspension?

Sorry but that's the craziest thing I've ever heard :rofl:

Hope that's a joke.

Anyways, he deserved the suspension. What's a joke is the NHLs inconsistency in punishing players that throw these type of hits.

Alas. He deserved the ban. Would NEVER do that as a NYR! Shattenkirk, that is.

Sad as it may sound, I actually would be okay with him making hits like that as a Ranger. When was the last time we had a d-man that would deliver a hit like that (excluding McI)?

Archived