Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 MLB Season

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    WOOOOO HOOOO ASTROS !!!!!!!! I'm sure Roberts is going to get killed for not starting Kershaw
    Couldnt really start him on 2 days rest. Id hope he gets killed for how he handled his pitchers in the entire series.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Couldnt really start him on 2 days rest. Id hope he gets killed for how he handled his pitchers in the entire series.
    Hill for one who wasn't happy the way he was handled.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    So many of these players aren't " happy". There are millions who would commit mayhem in order to play in the Majors, let alone compete in the W.S. Too, too many malcontents; flipping bats, throwing helmets, kicking water coolers, frowning at opposing players, etc. Oh yeah. I forgot. The average major league salary is in excess of 4,000,00.00. It's no wonder they are not " happy ".

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    If it was just about the money, they wouldn't care enough to be unhappy. A competitor wants to compete in those big moments. I'm quite certain he wasn't thinking about his salary when he was taken out of the game. Pretty silly way to think. In addition, cooler kicking, helmet throwing, and other attitudes were just as bad in the 50's as they are today. Mickey Mantle wanted to quit baseball after he was sent down to the minors. All those guys were BOMBED every night of the week. No one talked about at the time because there were no cameras, phones, and social media hovering over athletes 24/7. Reggie Jackson was a huge asshole too. The list goes on and on.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

WAA,WAA,WAA. Oh, Mr. Manager, Coach, GM, agent. I'm unhappy today. You didn't play me or tell me I'm not playing or took me out before I deemed it appropriate. I'm so upset I don't think I'll need my $100.00 per day meal money because my tummy is upset & my nerves are shot. Yup. Slo-mo, close-ups, social media, blah,blah,blah, etc. is the reason. And, I didn't say it was about the money. I simply used it as a reference. Many, many players make well in excess of $4,000,000.00 and some of them act like morons too. Yes, they are all competitors and want to play every day. Obviously. However, it's team game, not an individual performance at Carnegie Hall. Baseball is slowly becoming like the NFL circus.

Rich Hill was a 35 year old has been, playing independent ball, pitched in the W.S. made $12,000,000.00 for 2017, & he's unhappy? Now that makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 11-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.

He was pissed because he wanted to stay in the game, perform, and help his team win. No admiration for that? Salary has nothing to do with it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Nope. No admiration as you put it. ALL pitchers want to stay in, regardless of their performance. Say OK to the manager, who is the field boss, go back to the dugout and be thankful that your career was resurrected and you got to pitch in the W.S. In the minds of most fans, salary has a lot to do with everything. Do you read the posts on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Nope. No admiration as you put it. ALL pitchers want to stay in, regardless of their performance. Say OK to the manager, who is the field boss, go back to the dugout and be thankful that your career was resurrected and you got to pitch in the W.S. In the minds of most fans, salary has a lot to do with everything. Do you read the posts on this forum?
    What does the fans perception of a player's salary have to do with the mentality of a player who wants to compete and win?
    A guy is not on the mound of a game 6 thinking about his age or his paycheck. Sports are filled with emotion. Some show it in different ways than others. He's not the first, nor will he be the last pitcher to get upset about being taken out of a game when he was pitching well.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

You never answered my question.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    I guess you feel the same when Lundqvist who is making a shit ton of money is pissed when he's pulled? The emotion they exhibit has nothing to do with money and all to do with pride, winning and being in the moment. On one hand you will complain that a player doesn't care and just collecting a paycheck and on the other, you will complain that he should just shut up, not show emotion and be thankful he's getting paid.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    I guess you feel the same when Lundqvist who is making a shit ton of money is pissed when he's pulled? The emotion they exhibit has nothing to do with money and all to do with pride, winning and being in the moment. On one hand you will complain that a player doesn't care and just collecting a paycheck and on the other, you will complain that he should just shut up, not show emotion and be thankful he's getting paid.
    Pissed when he gets pulled? I don't know you that well but I'm sure you've seen his 1st period death stares when a puck goes in off a skate.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I was just making a like for like comparison. Pretty sure those death stares come during warmups as well.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Pissed when he gets pulled? I don't know you that well but I'm sure you've seen his 1st period death stares when a puck goes in off a skate.

I was just making a like for like comparison. Pretty sure those death stares come during warmups as well.
    Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I highly doubt that H.L. is going on a public rant about being pulled. Sure he's ticked off; probably more at himself and the team, than the coach. Nothing wrong with showing " emotion ", as you say. However, it's the W.S. which most ball players never get an opportunity to play in. Be professional and act like a guy that appreciates the opportunity.

End of discussion as it is going nowhere.

Couldíve sworn Iíve heard Lundqvist call out the team in front of him once or twice before. But yes, you can end the discussion as it is another form of waving the white flag

When a goalie is pulled it's almost always due to a poor performance. You can't say the same for a pitching change.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234