Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Staal

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    Saarela was never deemed a top prospect. He was a prospect with solid potential that had a jump in performance. As Dunny said, they sold high on him. It was perfect. If the Rangers sold Gropp this season it would've been a similar move. I doubt you really see much from Saarela. There's a reason two seconds had to be added in addition to him.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Typical Bruce Boudreau team. Regular season monsters. Crash and burn in the playoffs.
    ALA our beloved NYR. 2 Cups in 75+ yrs.

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Remember We are talking about last year, at the time of the trade.---You have to give to get.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    I do remember. And even then I didn't care about Saarela and most people who hadn't overhyped him didn't.

The Rangers overpaid for Staal, not because of Saarela because of the seconds, and because of Staal's performance prior to and after the acquisition.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I do remember. And even then I didn't care about Saarela and most people who hadn't overhyped him didn't.

The Rangers overpaid for Staal, not because of Saarela because of the seconds, and because of Staal's performance prior to and after the acquisition.
    Agreed, my issue was the picks they gave away

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post

Yea, I actually didn't think two seconds was too much, though I know I'm in the minority on that.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    My biggest problem with the trade was, and still is, how it just didn't make any sense. This wasn't buying MSL or Yandle, which even though we overpaid for both IMO they were both highly productive at the time we acquired them. This was buying a guy for shit he did 5 years ago. He hadn't been relevant in literal years. He was having a shit season. The move absolutely reeked of desperation, not smart planning or informed calculation.

We've done A LOT with our draft picks, and to give up 2nd rounders for a guy that was showing absolutely nothing is just insane. I mean, it would be like giving up two 2nd rounders and Robin Kovacs for Dustin Brown at this year's deadline. Actually it was worse than that, because at least Dustin Brown plays a physical game.

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    ALA our beloved NYR. 2 Cups in 75+ yrs.
    Not sure what the point of this is. It in no way validates the idea that Eric Staal should've been retained.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Eric Staal

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN View Post
    Not sure what the point of this is. It in no way validates the idea that Eric Staal should've been retained.
    There's no way to answer this about the original post without getting a warning/infraction

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    There's no way to answer this about the original post without getting a warning/infraction

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vodka Drunkenski again.

I feel your pain.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Typical Bruce Boudreau team. Regular season monsters. Crash and burn in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Why do you think that is? I know this is not really the original post but why would a guy be able to coach great in the regular season and then not be able to coach in the playoffs? You think he changes things too much come playoffs or doesn't change things enough? I would think maybe he over-coaches at times but would that really impact a whole team? His regular season coaching #'s are truly remarkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Ice gets smaller and he can't adjust

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Sounds like another coach I know...

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Sounds like another coach I know...
    How so? AV has had deep playoff runs, including two cup appearances. Boudreau has nothing like that on his resume, and in reality the playoffs are when coaches are most needed, not for on ice X's and O's, but keeping the team focused and in the right state of mind. That's not something he's good at, and something AV is and has been credited for being by his players.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN View Post
    How so? AV has had deep playoff runs, including two cup appearances. Boudreau has nothing like that on his resume, and in reality the playoffs are when coaches are most needed, not for on ice X's and O's, but keeping the team focused and in the right state of mind. That's not something he's good at, and something AV is and has been credited for being by his players.
    AV will never get credit for hit until he wins a Cup - and fairly so, I guess - but he is an excellent coach.

There's not a single coach, ever, who you can't second guess lineups and that sort of thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12