Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Unbelievably, the call-up of Tanner Glass has taken center stage. Not the fact that this NYR team is floundering around, has lost 4 of 5 with no PP to speak of, no real physical aspect, no shoot first mentality, and in so doing, looks like poo-poo! I thought that another player was brought up as well. Must've been mistaken.
    As Future said, they've only 3 of 5. And if you read my post earlier aside from being outshot, these physical aspects that you cite are untrue. The only thing you're correct about there is that the powerplay has been abysmal.

But then again, I ask, how does Tanner Glass or Steven Kampfer aid the team presently? They don't.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    As Future said, they've only 3 of 5. And if you read my post earlier aside from being outshot, these physical aspects that you cite are untrue. The only thing you're correct about there is that the powerplay has been abysmal.

But then again, I ask, how does Tanner Glass or Steven Kampfer aid the team presently? They don't.
    I actually think the hit totals are a little misleading, as they're just the result of not having the puck more. I've made the same argument but, to just watch, it sure looks like the Rangers are the less physical team.

I don't think it really matters, but hit totals are pretty meh, even though i've made that same argument lol

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Tanner Glass. Under-rated. Under-utilized. Under-appreciated. Waiting with bated breath for the Tanner Glass " fans " to come out in droves against this call-up. Shoulda been done weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a band-aid dressing for an open wound; no heart, no mental toughness, no grit, no willingness to give it the extra effort. WTH do the players do while the coaches are meeting with them? What do the coaches do while meeting with each other? I'm asking all the experts who seem to be privy to everything NYR. Me? Just an old time Ranger fan that is saddened by how this group plays game in, game out. Surprisingly, they seem to be headed for the play-offs. How? One could only wonder.
    The coach was VERY pissed (in a low-key simmering AV way) after the last game -- see post game interview. Knew something had to give. Message sent. Sadly this probably penalizes the 4th liners, when its some much higher paid folk who need to look in the mirror. For all this, I doubt Tanner Glass feels any more appreciated, as he is brought up because the big team failed more so than he "succeeded."

As for Kampfer, to me it seems like we need another uninjured body on D, nothing more.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    First of all, they lost 3 of 5 and were on an absolute tear just before that. Second of all, they're on a stretch of 15 games in a month. That's impossibly difficult, especially when 6 of the last 8 are against playoff teams, 4 of which are against division leaders.

It's not like they went out and lost 5 games to teams in the cellar.
    Ok, 3 of 5. My bad. Point is, every NHL team plays within the same schedule. Some teams have atrocious travel requirements. Yes, every team has ups & downs. However, this group is supposedly play off bound. I imagine they will be facing " playoff teams ", no? What then? More excuses? More blah, blah, blah. Oh, the travel. Oh, the schedule. Oh, the weather is too cold or too hot? Oh, it's raining. Oh, it's snowing. C'mon. Play for 60 mins. with heart, grit, determination from within. The King said it all the other nite; paraphrasing him; " We need the will to do it. Have to find the will. Tactics aside, we need to have the mindset ". These guys are soft, inconsistent, pass up scoring opportunities by not shooting, and in many instances are not ready from the first puck drop. Make all the excuses you want. I watched the Pittsburgh/Buffalo game last nite and the NYR should have done the same.

Ok, 3 of 5. My bad. Point is, every NHL team plays within the same schedule. Some teams have atrocious travel requirements. Yes, every team has ups & downs. However, this group is supposedly play off bound. I imagine they will be facing " playoff teams ", no? What then? More excuses? More blah, blah, blah. Oh, the travel. Oh, the schedule. Oh, the weather is too cold or too hot? Oh, it's raining. Oh, it's snowing. C'mon. Play for 60 mins. with heart, grit, determination from within. The King said it all the other nite; paraphrasing him; " We need the will to do it. Have to find the will. Tactics aside, we need to have the mindset ". These guys are soft, inconsistent, pass up scoring opportunities by not shooting, and in many instances are not ready from the first puck drop. Make all the excuses you want. I watched the Pittsburgh/Buffalo game last nite and the NYR should have done the same.
    What about it? Pitt was totally unprepared to play and went down 3-0 in the first period, at home, after a day off.

The schedule is a reason for the inconsistency, not an excuse. Look how well they played in early February when the schedule was normal vs. how they played in December and the end of February.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

Yea I wouldn't be so fast to get on the team without including the coach in this conversation. Idgaf that AV was pissed. If his message is getting lost on the team for whatever reason than it's up to him and his staff to find another way. As for Lundqvist, there was a point in time where he was shitting the bed so bad, fans wanted Rantaa to take his spot. I highly doubt his teammates were giving him an earful as he does with them. I'm not arguing with the last point he made because he's right, but this kind of shit happens. It's on everyone. From the players to the coaches.

And for what it's worth, this team is playing AV style hockey so if you're tired of them playing "soft" you know where to look.

What about it? Pitt was totally unprepared to play and went down 3-0 in the first period, at home, after a day off.

The schedule is a reason for the inconsistency, not an excuse. Look how well they played in early February when the schedule was normal vs. how they played in December and the end of February.
    Yup. Admittedly unprepared; or maybe just outplayed. Came back from down 0-3 with 4 straight. Never gave up. Always played hard. Feet always moving. Did you watch the game? The schedule is the reason? Now that's really comical because every team, as I said, has to play under the same schedule.
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 03-06-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Yup. Admittedly unprepared; or maybe just outplayed. Came back from down 0-3 with 4 straight. Never gave up. Always played hard. Feet always moving. Did you watch the game? The schedule is the reason? Now that's really comical because every team, as I said, has to play under the same schedule.
    I did watch the game. Their feet weren't moving until the second period and even then, if not for a lucky bounce on the first goal, they might get run out of the arena.

The Rangers are a team that gives up? That's nonsense. They come out flat from time to time and there are times where they aren't particularly sharp, but they're not a team that quits.

No, not every team plays the same schedule. Yes, every team has bad games because of their schedule.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Every team plays 82 games. The makeup of those games in regards to frequency, distance, the opponents, etc. is not consistent.

I, for one, am glad that AV was P.O'D. It's about time he gave a public indication that he is far from satisfied with the overall play; especially in the defensive zone. I don't think the head coach is telling the players to watch the other team take liberties; especially when it impacts the game. Yes, H.L. had a bad stretch after bailing out this team for a decade. Fans calling for his head makes no sense. And, he didn't single out a particular player in his statement. Referred to the team in general. There are several hi-profile players on this team that have now had pro-longed bad stretches; where are their replacements? You know the #'s. The coaching staff can only do so much preaching. It's up to the players to produce.

When the players say, in public, the announcers, say in public, the coaches say in public that the team starts are horrible. Then I imagine that the team starts are horrible on most occasions; not from time to time. The 1st Habs goal was a lucky bounce as well. And I never said that the Rangers gave up. Only was referring to Pittsburgh and the improbability of a victory. Especially doing it with little time left. One more thing. These players are pros, period, and are paid huge amounts of money to perform at a high level. They all know the schedules and that they have to adjust accordingly. Rarely do they complain. Just one more excuse from the fans.

AV has openly stated that the schedule was problematic.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    I might not watch another game now just for the fact that we will have to listen to MSG's bs telling us how this is needed and Glass will add a missing element.
    F off

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm okay with Glass being back. That shit show against Montreal, especially at the end of the game where four different Canadiens felt that they could take liberties with J.T., makes me feel we need some kind of presence. There should still be enough offense on this team without having to worry about the 8 minutes or so that Glass is going to play in a given game. Plus he can PK, which they lost some of when Fast went down.
    I love Glasser but he can't help the PK if he's cooling his heels in the sin bin or the locker room for five..
    Last edited by Progrocker; 03-06-2017 at 02:56 PM.

swamped Midget Division

Pittsburgh won 4-3 after going down 3-0.

3 of 4 Rangers have been terrible. Every team has injuries, tough travel, etc this time of year. Doesn't mean the Rangers are destined for a first round exit.... but they need to be playing better hockey in April then they are now.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Midget Division
    I may be mistaken, but isn't this their first really rough patch they have had all season? They certainly look down, but this is new. They have finally hit that cold patch everyone was saying they would. Goals are down for this team. They are allowed this rough patch. They are also kinda banged up. Let a not forget Zib missed a game with some phantom upper body injury that I don't recall being discussed. He looks like shit. Stepan looks slower than ever. Kreider while being the hot hand is still playing like he's wounded. Grabner is out. Pirri has become Stepans look alike, without the defensive aspect. Klein is out. Girardi is out. Fast is out. What exactly are you expecting right now? Dominance? This team doesn't have to hit everything in sight. They ARE going to be pushed around. THEY WILL ALWAYS BE PUSHED AROUND! The difference is they will have to be smart enough to take or avoid the cheap stuff, and not retaliate. They need to play smart. Don't get me wrong. They should play more physical than they have recently. But I'm not expecting or wanting Tanner fuckin god damn Glass to do any stupid shit like trying to amp up the opposition.

This league has moved past the Tanner Glass' of the world. These other pests can atleast skate, win a face off , pot the occasional goal, or kill a penalty. Tanner Glass doesn't bring any of that. He brings a reputation of shitty player who can barely fight. He will be in the box before he can stand up for his teammates.

Junior Member Mite Division Chuck_IV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    So that is now 3 out of 4, no? I believe the Buch call up would have been the first move, right? Awesome.
    Buch was technically an emergency call up for the Grabner injury. Once Grabner comes back, they can send Buch down and it won't count as one of their 4 call ups.

However, with the way Buch is playing, I'm not sure he should be sent back, but with AV off his rocker these days, anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Tanner Glass. Under-rated. Under-utilized. Under-appreciated. Waiting with bated breath for the Tanner Glass " fans " to come out in droves against this call-up. Shoulda been done weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a band-aid dressing for an open wound; no heart, no mental toughness, no grit, no willingness to give it the extra effort. WTH do the players do while the coaches are meeting with them? What do the coaches do while meeting with each other? I'm asking all the experts who seem to be privy to everything NYR. Me? Just an old time Ranger fan that is saddened by how this group plays game in, game out. Surprisingly, they seem to be headed for the play-offs. How? One could only wonder.
    They have skill. They know how to win. The problem is, are the coaches able to adapt? Doesn't seem like it.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Overall this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yes. I'd bet the Rangers have a winning record against the 15 teams currently in a playoff spot.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Every team plays 82 games. The makeup of those games in regards to frequency, distance, the opponents, etc. is not consistent.
    The Rangers have the easiest travel schedule in the league, miles wise.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast