Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    HAND US THE CUP

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw the tweet "He's back" I was thinking Avery.
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-05-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    It's not that they lost. It's the way they did and the way they've been playing, even when they are fortunate enough to win. Teams, with less, that play hard for 60 mins. usually out perform those with more that don't.
    I'm not overly concerned with them being outperformed.

What are we really doing to quantify them being outperformed? Being outshot? Okay, they've been outshot in 3 of the last 5. Problematic to an extent, but not an issue if in the long run, they can score more and Lundqvist can save more.

You keep saying there's no drive from the team, but what does one use to judge that except visuals? Do you know the team isn't driven? Does Glass change that? He offers physicality, but the team doesn't lack that. They've outhit their opponents in 3 of the last 5. Similarly, they've out-blocked their opponents in 3 of the last 5. That doesn't put pucks in the net nor keep them out as much as say possession where Glass is a black hole.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Their issue of late is scoring, particularly on the PP. It's dried up.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Wouldn't be an AV season without a Tanner Glass sighting. I can't wait to be pulling my hair out when there's 5 minutes left in a game, Rangers are down a goal, and Tanner Glass is on the ice...

The fourth line stinks so, ultimately, it doesn't matter. But fuck me, I was hoping we'd never have to see him again.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Their issue of late is scoring, particularly on the PP. It's dried up.

Which Glass in no way alleviates. That's more in part to Pirri no longer being a threat and movement being nonexistent.

Yup. Kampfer either. And neither can help the Rangers struggling attempts to get through the neutral zone.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I can't believe the Rangers just used two of their four post-deadline call-ups on Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer.
    So that is now 3 out of 4, no? I believe the Buch call up would have been the first move, right? Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Pretty much. They've been wildly inconsistent, but overall I'm not worried.

Even though they lost to Montreal last night let's not act like the Canadiens are suddenly good again. They've been more inconsistent than the Rangers. The Rangers losing only positively impacts them. Drawing Montreal in the first round is preferable. So what that they lost one game to them. Through seven I can't see the Canadiens winning. Too many holes in that team overall unless Price really works to steal a series.
    Yea but that is something that can absolutely happen with Price in net. Especially against us. Its nothing new that he absolutely owns us.

Oh, are the rosters unlimited spots now or does that start when the playoffs start? Can't remember if the trade deadline kicks that into effect or if the playoffs do.

Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

Post deadline there is no 23-man limit. There is, however, a limit to the number of non emergency callups a team can make, which is four. If the Rangers keep Buch up (he was called up as emergency), that will be three of four callups used.

Glass and Kampfer are extras now. 100%.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Oh ok that's right I forgot about the "emergency" loophole.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Well fuck me.

What a knee jerk reaction by management. Neither of these players address any sort of need. The fucking PP is dead. These two schmoes do not help that problem. I don't know what on the Pack could help... But these two simply don't.

Glass will take some stupid over the top roughing or third man in penalty, that will put the team in a position to lose the game, and will be phased out, yet not yanked from the lineup. Typical AV.

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Rangers inability to beat playoff teams or teams ahead of them in the standings. That's a concerning trend this time of the year and doesn't bode well for the playoffs. I'm not sure how their record against playoff teams compares with some of the other teams but it can't be too good.
    Agreed,Columbus, Washington, and Montreal are playoff teams... but the Rangers helped them look like cup contenders. Have to find the same level of compete as other playoff squads... this year we've been doing a good job of beating up on bad teams to pad our point totals, but that is what every team should be doing.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    A week ago people wanted them to lose to get the wild card. Be careful what you wish for.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Agreed,Columbus, Washington, and Montreal are playoff teams... but the Rangers helped them look like cup contenders. Have to find the same level of compete as other playoff squads... this year we've been doing a good job of beating up on bad teams to pad our point totals, but that is what every team should be doing.
    Without looking I'd be willing to bet the Rangers have an overall winning record against teams currently in a playoff position.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Overall this season?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm okay with Glass being back. That shit show against Montreal, especially at the end of the game where four different Canadiens felt that they could take liberties with J.T., makes me feel we need some kind of presence. There should still be enough offense on this team without having to worry about the 8 minutes or so that Glass is going to play in a given game. Plus he can PK, which they lost some of when Fast went down.

I can't believe the Rangers just used two of their four post-deadline call-ups on Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer.
    does that rule still apply if its because of injuries?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Unbelievably, the call-up of Tanner Glass has taken center stage. Not the fact that this NYR team is floundering around, has lost 4 of 5 with no PP to speak of, no real physical aspect, no shoot first mentality, and in so doing, looks like poo-poo! I thought that another player was brought up as well. Must've been mistaken.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Unbelievably, the call-up of Tanner Glass has taken center stage. Not the fact that this NYR team is floundering around, has lost 4 of 5 with no PP to speak of, no real physical aspect, no shoot first mentality, and in so doing, looks like poo-poo! I thought that another player was brought up as well. Must've been mistaken.
    First of all, they lost 3 of 5 and were on an absolute tear just before that. Second of all, they're on a stretch of 15 games in a month. That's impossibly difficult, especially when 6 of the last 8 are against playoff teams, 4 of which are against division leaders.

It's not like they went out and lost 5 games to teams in the cellar.

I'd rather they get this slide out of the way now and not run into it come April

I feel like all of the best teams this year have had some very high highs and the only difference between them is how long the lows last. It's been cyclical with a lot of these teams. We're gonna have some rough stretches. We won't be perfect all the time.

When we are on, this team is a force to be reckoned with. I'm not ready to rant about how the sky is falling just yet

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast