Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forward Tanner Glass and defenseman Steven Kampfer from @WolfPackAHL.

--

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    AV has been planning this all season.

Jokes aside, I'd MUCH rather have Glass over Pirri on the fourth line.

I actually think Fast+Lindberg+Glass isn't a bad line

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I can't believe the Rangers just used two of their four post-deadline call-ups on Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Tanner Glass. Under-rated. Under-utilized. Under-appreciated. Waiting with bated breath for the Tanner Glass " fans " to come out in droves against this call-up. Shoulda been done weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a band-aid dressing for an open wound; no heart, no mental toughness, no grit, no willingness to give it the extra effort. WTH do the players do while the coaches are meeting with them? What do the coaches do while meeting with each other? I'm asking all the experts who seem to be privy to everything NYR. Me? Just an old time Ranger fan that is saddened by how this group plays game in, game out. Surprisingly, they seem to be headed for the play-offs. How? One could only wonder.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

Rangers Re-Call Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I can't believe the Rangers just used two of their four post-deadline call-ups on Tanner Glass and Steven Kampfer.
    The end is nigh

I gotta tell you, I'm so glad they extended AV...

NOT
    Last edited by Shane Falco; 03-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I'm fine with Glass over Pirri.

I'm more worried that this means Klein/Girardi injuries are worse than believed.

Klein won’t make trip
    Defenseman Kevin Klein, who had an MRI last week to determine whether something more than back spasms has kept him sidelined, will not make the three-game trip to Florida and Raleigh, coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday.

Michael Grabner apparently will make the trip, which begins tomorrow at Tampa Bay. He missed his second game Saturday night with hip soreness.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...vel-1.13210602

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Tanner fucking Glass is back lol

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm more worried that this means Klein/Girardi injuries are worse than believed.
    I'm not. THEY SUCK!!! It's like 2 pylons on defense. The D this season was not that good to begin with but with these 2 jay-brones in the lineup, it blows chunks.
    #TankforTkachuk #SuckforSvechnikov #FailforFilip

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I'd rather have those two over a combo of Holden/Clendenning/Mein Kampfer

Not even close.

swamped Midget Division
    3 of the past 4 games have been awful... I'm pretending that the Rangers are tanking so they can face the Canadians. The alternative is that the Rangers just aren't very good right now. They've got less than 20 games to figure things out before the first round of the playoffs. Shuffling line combinations and shuttling in new blood, see if those strategies will generate a spark.

"We were slow all over the ice, getting beat to pucks and letting them have all the plays they wanted," Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh said.
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400885352
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    3 of the past 4 games have been awful... I'm pretending that the Rangers are tanking so they can face the Canadians. The alternative is that the Rangers just aren't very good right now. They've got less than 20 games to figure things out before the first round of the playoffs. Shuffling line combinations and shuttling in new blood, see if those strategies will generate a spark.

"We were slow all over the ice, getting beat to pucks and letting them have all the plays they wanted," Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh said.
    If that's the case then I hope they just gave Montreal a false sense of security with that shitshow last night.

Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Tanner Glass. Under-rated. Under-utilized. Under-appreciated. Waiting with bated breath for the Tanner Glass " fans " to come out in droves against this call-up. Shoulda been done weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a band-aid dressing for an open wound; no heart, no mental toughness, no grit, no willingness to give it the extra effort. WTH do the players do while the coaches are meeting with them? What do the coaches do while meeting with each other? I'm asking all the experts who seem to be privy to everything NYR. Me? Just an old time Ranger fan that is saddened by how this group plays game in, game out. Surprisingly, they seem to be headed for the play-offs. How? One could only wonder.
    How do you expect this team to have grit when the head coach will not let them be gritty? This whistle to whistle bullshit is just that! Pure bullshit!
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    I would rather have brought up Paliotta and Hrivik. But I understand the Glass call up. Paliotta is bigger and more physical than Kampfer.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

I'm more concerned about the Rangers inability to beat playoff teams or teams ahead of them in the standings. That's a concerning trend this time of the year and doesn't bode well for the playoffs. I'm not sure how their record against playoff teams compares with some of the other teams but it can't be too good.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    I would rather have brought up Paliotta and Hrivik. But I understand the Glass call up. Paliotta is bigger and more physical than Kampfer.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Paliotta has been injured.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Rangers inability to beat playoff teams or teams ahead of them in the standings. That's a concerning trend this time of the year and doesn't bode well for the playoffs. I'm not sure how their record against playoff teams compares with some of the other teams but it can't be too good.
    Huh?

In the last three weeks, we've beaten Boston, Washington and Columbus and badly outplayed MTL in the SOL.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Huh?

In the last three weeks, we've beaten Boston, Washington and Columbus and badly outplayed MTL in the SOL.
    Pretty much. They've been wildly inconsistent, but overall I'm not worried.

Even though they lost to Montreal last night let's not act like the Canadiens are suddenly good again. They've been more inconsistent than the Rangers. The Rangers losing only positively impacts them. Drawing Montreal in the first round is preferable. So what that they lost one game to them. Through seven I can't see the Canadiens winning. Too many holes in that team overall unless Price really works to steal a series.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    AV has been planning this all season.

Jokes aside, I'd MUCH rather have Glass over Pirri on the fourth line.

I actually think Fast+Lindberg+Glass isn't a bad line
    Lindberg, and Fast, to some extent, have been effective lately because the other winger can draw some attention. I.e. the chance that Lindberg had last night was a result of both defensemen going to Pirri to stop him from getting his shot off.

Take away that threat, and Lindberg and Fast will have no room. They'll essentially be playing 4 on 5 hockey in the offensive zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Pretty much. They've been wildly inconsistent, but overall I'm not worried.

Even though they lost to Montreal last night let's not act like the Canadiens are suddenly good again. They've been more inconsistent than the Rangers. The Rangers losing only positively impacts them. Drawing Montreal in the first round is preferable. So what that they lost one game to them. Through seven I can't see the Canadiens winning. Too many holes in that team overall unless Price really works to steal a series.

It's not that they lost. It's the way they did and the way they've been playing, even when they are fortunate enough to win. Teams, with less, that play hard for 60 mins. usually out perform those with more that don't.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast