Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 382

Thread: Rangers/Sabres -- Oops We Forgot to do the GDT

  1. #121
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Got my 3 in 532 low row

    I was told by Ranger folks that because of the height of the rink, boards and the seats installed on the field, you were better in the 400s and low 500s than seats in the low 100s

  2. #122
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,057
    Rep Power
    97
    Kind of surprised we didnt get any Rangers swag like the last time. For the Rangers/Flyers Winter Classic we got a hat, scarf and some other stuff.

  3. #123
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,397
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Got my 3 in 532 low row

    I was told by Ranger folks that because of the height of the rink, boards and the seats installed on the field, you were better in the 400s and low 500s than seats in the low 100s
    They're putting seats on the field for this game? I don't recall that happening in any of the prior WC.

  4. #124
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,314
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Kind of surprised we didnt get any Rangers swag like the last time. For the Rangers/Flyers Winter Classic we got a hat, scarf and some other stuff.
    As in you didn't buy it, or it doesn't exist?

    Because there's a ton of it lol

  5. #125
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,057
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    As in you didn't buy it, or it doesn't exist?

    Because there's a ton of it lol
    For the Winter Classic in Philly, a winter hat, scarf, and some other items were included with the tickets. This time, just a fedex envelope with 4 loose tickets and a fan guide.

  6. #126
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,070
    Rep Power
    234
    Why are the Rangers wearing blue?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #127
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,900
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Why are the Rangers wearing blue?
    Because they're home..even though they're away.

  8. #128
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,314
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    For the Winter Classic in Philly, a winter hat, scarf, and some other items were included with the tickets. This time, just a fedex envelope with 4 loose tickets and a fan guide.
    Ohhh with the tickets. I was gonna say, any hockey store has stuff lol

  9. #129
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,392
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Curiosity question; What’s the viewing like at one of these games? Seems like unless you are a bit elevated you’re going to watch the game on jumbotron. People sitting behind home plate? Wa$te of $$$ IMO.

    I’m not too excited to view hockey from a distance. Even if the game was aired at Red Bulls Arena (capacity about 18,000) and every seat great, you’re still a looooooong way from the ice.
    Never been to one of these events but from what I have heard from friends, it's more about the experience than the actual game.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  10. #130
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    For the Winter Classic in Philly, a winter hat, scarf, and some other items were included with the tickets. This time, just a fedex envelope with 4 loose tickets and a fan guide.
    Not the Rangers fault Buffalo's are cheapskates.

    If you call you might get a free game at a bowling center or 10% off kielbasa

  11. #131
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Will be watching @ home in a nice, snug environment with my sweetie by my side. Pay for tix? Wouldn't go if they were free.
    Whatever floats your boat.

  12. #132
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,632
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Never been to one of these events but from what I have heard from friends, it's more about the experience than the actual game.
    I went to 2014 Stadium Series against the Devils. It was fucking 19 degrees and we were fucking freezing. But the Rangers won 7-3. Fatso got chased from the crease after the second period. Zucc had the GWG and Stepan buried a penalty shot against Schneider.

    It was a hell of an experience and it was fucking awesome.
    LGR!

  13. #133
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,900
    Rep Power
    58
    Are you not entertained?



  14. #134
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,943
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Will be watching @ home in a nice, snug environment with my sweetie by my side. Pay for tix? Wouldn't go if they were free. BTW, the game is this season, not next.
    Look at the date the thread was posted.

  15. #135
    Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Ranger Lothbrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,513
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I went to 2014 Stadium Series against the Devils. It was fucking 19 degrees and we were fucking freezing. But the Rangers won 7-3. Fatso got chased from the crease after the second period. Zucc had the GWG and Stepan buried a penalty shot against Schneider.

    It was a hell of an experience and it was fucking awesome.
    I was at that game too. I thought Stepan's penalty shot was the goal that got Fatso chased? Could be remembering that incorrectly.

    I subscribe to the "everyone's here to have fun" line of thinking, so I almost NEVER heckle fans of other teams. But that game was the one time I actually almost hit somebody. If my uncle hadn't grabbed my arm mid-swing I probably would've gotten kicked out in the first period. The Devils fan behind us took it wayyyyy too far. Like, personal insults about my family. Called my sister a butterface bitch, and when he was calling us fairweather fans my uncle said, "I've had season tickets since 1980 asshole," and the guy said, "you've had diabetes since 1980 you fat fuck." That's when I stood up and swung at him.

    He screamed in our ears, leaning forward to do it, the entire game. So you can imagine, he was insufferable when the Devils were up 3-1. I'm a little ashamed of myself, but when we turned that game around and chased Fatso, he got up to leave and I followed him to the concourse screaming at him and laughing. Chased him out of the fucking arena. One of the most embarrassing and satisfying moments of my life really.

  16. #136
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,953
    Rep Power
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Look at the date the thread was posted.
    Too busy snuggling.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  17. #137
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,953
    Rep Power
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I went to 2014 Stadium Series against the Devils. It was fucking 19 degrees and we were fucking freezing. But the Rangers won 7-3. Fatso got chased from the crease after the second period. Zucc had the GWG and Stepan buried a penalty shot against Schneider.

    It was a hell of an experience and it was fucking awesome.
    My son played with DeBoer's kid that season. I remember we had an early road game that day, and everyone was either rushing to get out of the rink to either get to the stadium, or go home and watch.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  18. #138
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22

    Rangers to Play Sabres at Citi Field in Winter Classic

    Just a heads up, road to the classic starts tonight at 11:30 on NBCSN

  19. #139
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Just a heads up, road to the classic starts tonight at 11:30 on NBCSN
    Thanks

    DVR set

  20. #140
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,015
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Just a heads up, road to the classic starts tonight at 11:30 on NBCSN
    Thank you.

    Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •