Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers to Play Sabres at Citi Field in Winter Classic Next Season?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Rangers to Play Sabres at Citi Field in Winter Classic Next Season?

According to EJ Hradek, who was interviewed on Don LaGreca's Game Misconduct podcast it's being considered. Would be the tenth anniversary of the first Winter Classic that featured Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Just the Winter Classic from now on. No more Stadium Series. Too much of a good thing starts becoming routine and we don't want to see the Winter Classic become a ho-hum event.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Buffalo? Gtfoh
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Just the Winter Classic from now on. No more Stadium Series. Too much of a good thing starts becoming routine and we don't want to see the Winter Classic become a ho-hum event.
    The Stadium Series is a huge money maker for host cities. They keep the ice up and host college games, and people can rent it. Fenway has ice up every year now.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    So the Rangers would be the road team vs. the Sabres, lol.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    The Stadium Series is a huge money maker for host cities. They keep the ice up and host college games, and people can rent it. Fenway has ice up every year now.
    We should rent it

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    So the Rangers would be the road team vs. the Sabres, lol.
    That's standard. I believe it's an MSG requirement that games played outside the Garden require the Rangers to be the "road" team. It was the same issue with the Yankee stadium games.

It's just a formality, obviously. The stands will be filled with Rangers jerseys.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    That's standard. I believe it's an MSG requirement that games played outside the Garden require the Rangers to be the "road" team. It was the same issue with the Yankee stadium games.

It's just a formality, obviously. The stands will be filled with Rangers jerseys.
    I know, but at least the Yankee Stadium games were vs. the Devils/Islanders so they are some what "home town teams", Buffalo is 400 miles away.
    IMO if a game is going to be at CitiField and with these rumors of the Isles moving there/Belmont, the Isles should play the outdoor game but of course they dont have the following the Rangers have.
    I would rather wait and see if the West Point game can be scheduled.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    I know, but at least the Yankee Stadium games were vs. the Devils/Islanders so they are some what "home town teams", Buffalo is 400 miles away.
    IMO if a game is going to be at CitiField and with these rumors of the Isles moving there/Belmont, the Isles should play the outdoor game but of course they dont have the following the Rangers have.
    I would rather wait and see if the West Point game can be scheduled.
    Buffalo would bring just as many people there as the Isles, assuming the next day isn't a work day.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    What happened to West Point? That would have been awesome!

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    wtf, against Buffalo? Come on...

gangsta member Junior Division
    This would be a fun road trip to take to buffalo if they played it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    What happened to West Point? That would have been awesome!
    Michie Stadium seats under 40k and they'd probably have a tough time filling up for college games and rentals. It's all about the $$
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Michie Stadium seats under 40k and they'd probably have a tough time filling up for college games and rentals. It's all about the $$
    Nice place but getting 40,000 people in and out of there on a snowy or icy day would be a rough one.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/15/re...ic-citi-field/

According to reports Wednesday in Newsday, plans are being finalized for the New York Rangers to host the game against the Sabres on Jan. 1, 2018 in Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    What a stupid match up. Could have had a much more intense game vs the islanders. That being said, I'm actually considering going just for the experience. But how much do tickets go for?

As some one who went to the winter classic in Philly and both stadium series games, I can honestly say that I'm officially over the outdoor games. Maybe it's getting married, being older or just my over all lack of going to hockey games over sitting in my house and watching for free... I'm just not even remotely interested in going to this.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

Rangers to Play Sabres at Citi Field in Winter Classic Next Season?

I'm definitely looking to go with my best friend who's a huge Sabres fan now living in northern NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    As some one who went to the winter classic in Philly and both stadium series games, I can honestly say that I'm officially over the outdoor games. Maybe it's getting married, being older or just my over all lack of going to hockey games over sitting in my house and watching for free... I'm just not even remotely interested in going to this.
    What the fuck happened to you man? You used to get so excited about anything Rangers related. Now you're just a jaded, old, married cop!

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    What the fuck happened to you man? You used to get so excited about anything Rangers related. Now you're just a jaded, old, married cop!

A soul sucking job in a soul sucking city happened lol. Also, I've been priced out. I'm trying to buy a house, pay for a wedding and survive. I can't justify $100+ to walk in the door, plus food and beers. Double if I bring the Mrs. I'd much rather watch on my couch and switch back and forth to property brothers during intermission.

Also, I've been to all of great NYR outdoor games. Initially, it felt like history and being a part of something special. Now it just feels like another way the rangers are extracting money from me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast