Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rangers/Sabres -- Oops We Forgot to do the GDT

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Yup. It's also just a visual breath of fresh air compared to the static pan cam at center ice. For a viewer passing by, seeing a snaking suspension camera following the play organically is so much more interesting.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jamsim67's Avatar
    Outdoor games are a gimmick and a terrible gimmick at that. This is not meant as a knock on those who went and enjoyed it. I'm glad you had fun. However, after 5 minutes of any period, the weather and the ice conditions seemed to slow things down, where the skating and passing was just plain off and everything became just a free for all where they just wanted to get the puck toward the net and hope for some luck. The penalties against the Rangers were ticky tak, and were called to keep the Sabres in the game, because we can't have a blowout in a gimmick game. Also, what was the changing sides after 10 minutes, and 2.5 minutes? What would have happened if someone had been going in all alone on net, or shot and scored at 9:59 or 2:29? That would have been terrible.

Again, if you went or watched on television and enjoyed it, I'm glad you did. And more importantly, I'm glad the Rangers picked up the 2 points. But the outdoor games are not better. The ice is not better, and the players are not at there best because they are freezing. They probably wouldn't tell us this because they are under contract, but I'll bet they wouldn't be unhappy to see these games go away.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    According to virtually every player and coach, the ice was fine for the entire game.

The only complaint I heard about the ice was from Pierre, who is an idiot

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Happy the Rangers got the 2 points, but looked really nice at Citifield. I liked the 2 green signs they had in the background. 87 North 90 West Buffalo and 87 South 90 East New York very clever.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Happy the Rangers got the 2 points, but looked really nice at Citifield. I liked the 2 green signs they had in the background. 87 North 90 West Buffalo and 87 South 90 East New York very clever.
    The decorations, or whatever you want to call them, looked so much cooler than 2014 Stadium Series. Loved the taxis.
    LGR!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I agree, the presentation was really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;907070]The decorations, or whatever you want to call them, looked so much cooler than 2014 Stadium Series. Loved the taxis.
    Event branding. It was top notch. Collaboration between a company called Fanbrandz and NHL Creative Services. If you're interested, check out Fanbrandz on Twitter. They've got some interesting stuff posted on their timeline showing the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Bring cardboard to put your feet on. I saw people do this and didn’t understand why until my feet were freezing ass cold on th concrete, even with two pairs of socks.

We ended up buying a blanket and scarves at the game.

Seriously wear everything you own. And if you’re too warm, good. Take off a layer.
    Thanks for the tip, it made a difference.

//reported Junior Division
    LGR!

Classic NYC elements. The games are presented through the spectrum of historical context. It's why the jerseys are often throwbacks. So the cabs and any of the other elements made sense in that regard.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Checker cabs meant exactly what? No explanation from the geniuses broadcasting the game.
    I thought they were fucking great!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Classic NYC elements. The games are presented through the spectrum of historical context. It's why the jerseys are often throwbacks. So the cabs and any of the other elements made sense in that regard.

The entire presentation was spot on, really good job this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    The entire presentation was spot on, really good job this year.
    Agreed. They hit it out of the park on this one. All pun intended.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I was telling Chris (Mr. Smith) today, I love the oudoor game angles, ref cams, etc. I wish it were possible to have the suspension camera they utilize for these games at every game. Ditto the behind-the-net cam for power plays.
    My wife said the same thing about the camera angles (she watches every game too) and I tend to agree. In particular, the aerial behind the net angle gives such a different sense of how play in the offensive zone looks than the side view.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Watching videos on twitter, looked like a really fun atmosphere.
    It was fucking awesome.

You sit a little far away, but the seats were fine and the aesthetic when the sun was out was great. Totally worth it.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast