Thread: How Would You Staff a "Council of Elders"?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

How Would You Staff a "Council of Elders"?

The episode is somewhat old by now, or at least relatively speaking, but back in #905, Rogan interviewed Vice's Shane Smith, and the conversation reached an interesting point where they began "staffing" a "Council of Elders" to run the U.S. in place of our traditional system of electing a President, Senate, Congress, etc.

If you want to listen to their conversation, it's linked below, approximately 55-minutes in, but I figured it might be kind of fun to spitball our own here to see how much we all align or don't align.

Full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAv_JQtF-8

Ideally the best way to do this is as they discussed, by isolating specific areas of interest and making sure to have a selection who can speak to it well. Economics, physics, innovation, etc.

I'm 100% in the tank for Elon Musk, Sam Harris, and Neil deGrasse Tyson. I'd probably also put forward Steven Pinker, Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky, Nick Hanauer, and Robert Reich. I'm sure there's plenty of overlap, so I'm not sure who would exactly fit each category best, but let's get the ball rollin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I'm assuming that these people don't have to be US citizens, since you include Hawking

Steven Hawkings for science policy
    Elon Musk for innovation
    Warren Buffet for economics
    Bill & Melinda Gates for global philanthropy
    Malala Yousafzai for ethics
    David Petraeus for military
    Nate Silver for statistical analysis
    Nancie Atwell for Education
    Bernie Sanders for election reform
    Craig Watkins for prison reform
    Jimmy Carter for combating poverty and homelessness
    John Stewart for government oversight
    And of course, Dr. Ben Carson for Housing and Urban Development

Ah, didn't think of it that way. If it has to be limited to American minds it changes, for sure.

Carter is a great add.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I think Zuckerberg is probably a requirement from a strategic perspective.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Michelle Obama - Diversity & Equality
    Larry Fitzgerald - Youth Development (guy would make a great politician after he retires and already does a ton of work with kids)
    Last edited by Future; 02-24-2017 at 11:15 AM.