Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 399

Thread: NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

  1. #41
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,303
    Rep Power
    120

    NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Didn't address the offensive line.
    Hence my hatred. It was the most obvious problem last season and management decided to stand pat. They didn't see any the really liked during the draft fine, but what about trades?

    Eli has always been a pocket QB. He can't scramble to save his life. Without time to throw he's not going to make any plays. Shit, it's a miracle hasn't gotten injured.

    I know it's only the first game but it's frustrating to see the offense pick up right where they left off... doing jack shit.

    Defense looks pretty damn good as usual, but they can't win games on their own.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    I think their offense needs a change, not in personnel but play calling. Enough with shot gun Eli, put him under center.

  3. #43
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,781
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Hence my hatred. It was the most obvious problem last season and management decided to stand pat. They didn't see any the really liked during the draft fine, but what about trades?

    Eli has always been a pocket QB. He can't scramble to save his life. Without time to throw he's not going to make any plays. Shit, it's a miracle hasn't gotten injured.

    I know it's only the first game but it's frustrating to see the offense pick up right where they left off... doing jack shit.

    Defense looks pretty damn good as usual, but they can't win games on their own.
    Looks like a season of pain. GM's negligence of offensive line may have deep sixed the season.
    Fek. Think I'm gonna find another outlet for my early season obsessions ... uh wait a minute, there's always the Rangers and the Knicks.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    12
    The KNICKS?! How about no lol, at least until they trade Carmelo.

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #45
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    The trend continues, this offense is terrible.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    So far the defense is back pedaling, way too many extra yards.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    26
    Not a good sports week at our house...


    Giants lost 2 and losing now
    Rangers lost 2
    Ferrari lost 2 cars
    Red Bulls lost 2 this week

  8. #48
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,303
    Rep Power
    120
    Vernon injury is a big blow for the defense. But on a positive note they’ve scored touchdowns... finally.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    Touchdowns doesn't matter if they go 0-3, season is over at that point

  10. #50
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,303
    Rep Power
    120
    I’d like to thank Eli Apple and the giants O line for the perfectly timed penalties.

    Eagles couldn’t have done it without ya. What a monstrous FG by the eagles rookie kicker.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22

    NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

    61 yard field goal, nothing you can do there. Run defense was terrible today and Eli Apple, wow you suck. At this point I wouldn't mind a terrible season and get one of the top qb's in the draft. I love Eli and he was really good today but it's time for a change. Can't help but wonder how they would fare with a throwing qb that can actually move too.

  12. #52
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,629
    Rep Power
    98
    Always a NIGHTMARE vs. Philly.

  13. #53
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,373
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    61 yard field goal, nothing you can do there. Run defense was terrible today and Eli Apple, wow you suck. At this point I wouldn't mind a terrible season and get one of the top qb's in the draft. I love Eli and he was really good today but it's time for a change. Can't help but wonder how they would fare with a throwing qb that can actually move too.
    At this point, your going to get the same out of any QB. While Eli has his faults, the major issue is that offensive line. When you got 4 defenders in your face when you snap the ball, there is nothing anyone can do. Flowers has been terrible, the guy couldn't stop a beach ball, yet they continue to play him. They also need a real running back, Perkins isn't a starting g running back.

  14. #54
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,373
    Rep Power
    79
    What is the deal with end one celebrations? Why are they calling some and allowing others? I am confused with these penalties.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    At this point, your going to get the same out of any QB. While Eli has his faults, the major issue is that offensive line. When you got 4 defenders in your face when you snap the ball, there is nothing anyone can do. Flowers has been terrible, the guy couldn't stop a beach ball, yet they continue to play him. They also need a real running back, Perkins isn't a starting g running back.
    I'm not saying you will get immediate results but I think it's time for a new direction. Similar to Manning/Luck, without the injuries.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    What is the deal with end one celebrations? Why are they calling some and allowing others? I am confused with these penalties.
    The league punted on enforcement of celebrations in the off-season.

    So pretty much anything short of guys leaving the bench to join in or taunting the opponent is now OK.

    They might have to add a third no no after OBJs dog urination impersonation today

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  17. #57
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,373
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The league punted on enforcement of celebrations in the off-season.

    So pretty much anything short of guys leaving the bench to join in or taunting the opponent is now OK.

    They might have to add a third no no after OBJs dog urination impersonation today

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    But they gave Ingram and OBJ penalties for their celebrations, and neither taunted the other team or left the bench. They call some and not others, there is no consistency across all of the games.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    How about these guys just celebrate with their teammates

  19. #59
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Yea, but will Eli have sufficient time to throw or is he going to get killed again. Where's the protection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    I hear you but t would suck to throw a defense and wideout group like they have down the drain. Should do whatever to get the most of what Eli's got to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Gerry Reese is a bad GM IMO. Finally decides to get an OT in the 6th round. He goes with a TE that is basically a WR that doesn't block rather than trying to trade up a few spots to get OJ Howard. Doesn't get a much needed LB. I'm still surprised he has a job after missing the playoffs in consecutive years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Wow, the offense looks terrible. Perkins as the number one running back is pathetic, and the offensive line is still awful. This sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Didn't address the offensive line.
    Everybody saw this coming from a mile away except Reese. Reese needs to go now, along with the one trick pony of a "coach" who has already been exposed by the league. Coach doo doo has no upside, it's all over for him. Make a change or watch him run the team into the ground every year

  20. #60
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,629
    Rep Power
    98
    OFFICIAL: TIME TO TANK

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •