Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    The only bright spot was the D.

I don't blame Eli "entirely" since the OLINE blows.

Plus, I'm sick of primetime games for this team. They blow in most of them and their match ups usual are a challenge. Oh well, it is what it is.
    I agree. The defense was good. They basically held them to field goals, and the one touchdown Dallas got, that shouldn't have been pass interference right before it. The Oline is terrible. Flowers is awful, and Eli has zero time to try to make a pass. Every time he snapped the ball, half the defensive line was in his face.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Didn't address the offensive line.
    Hence my hatred. It was the most obvious problem last season and management decided to stand pat. They didn't see any the really liked during the draft fine, but what about trades?

Eli has always been a pocket QB. He can't scramble to save his life. Without time to throw he's not going to make any plays. Shit, it's a miracle hasn't gotten injured.

I know it's only the first game but it's frustrating to see the offense pick up right where they left off... doing jack shit.

Defense looks pretty damn good as usual, but they can't win games on their own.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    I think their offense needs a change, not in personnel but play calling. Enough with shot gun Eli, put him under center.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Hence my hatred. It was the most obvious problem last season and management decided to stand pat. They didn't see any the really liked during the draft fine, but what about trades?

Eli has always been a pocket QB. He can't scramble to save his life. Without time to throw he's not going to make any plays. Shit, it's a miracle hasn't gotten injured.

I know it's only the first game but it's frustrating to see the offense pick up right where they left off... doing jack shit.

Defense looks pretty damn good as usual, but they can't win games on their own.
    Looks like a season of pain. GM's negligence of offensive line may have deep sixed the season.
    Fek. Think I'm gonna find another outlet for my early season obsessions ... uh wait a minute, there's always the Rangers and the Knicks.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    The KNICKS?! How about no lol, at least until they trade Carmelo.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The trend continues, this offense is terrible.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Now Mac- a- doo doo publicly blames Eli for the problems? Sheeez!

So far the defense is back pedaling, way too many extra yards.

Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Not a good sports week at our house...

Giants lost 2 and losing now
    Rangers lost 2
    Ferrari lost 2 cars
    Red Bulls lost 2 this week

Vernon injury is a big blow for the defense. But on a positive note they’ve scored touchdowns... finally.

Touchdowns doesn't matter if they go 0-3, season is over at that point

I’d like to thank Eli Apple and the giants O line for the perfectly timed penalties.

Eagles couldn’t have done it without ya. What a monstrous FG by the eagles rookie kicker.

NY GIANTS 2017-2018 Discussion Thread

61 yard field goal, nothing you can do there. Run defense was terrible today and Eli Apple, wow you suck. At this point I wouldn't mind a terrible season and get one of the top qb's in the draft. I love Eli and he was really good today but it's time for a change. Can't help but wonder how they would fare with a throwing qb that can actually move too.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Always a NIGHTMARE vs. Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    61 yard field goal, nothing you can do there. Run defense was terrible today and Eli Apple, wow you suck. At this point I wouldn't mind a terrible season and get one of the top qb's in the draft. I love Eli and he was really good today but it's time for a change. Can't help but wonder how they would fare with a throwing qb that can actually move too.
    At this point, your going to get the same out of any QB. While Eli has his faults, the major issue is that offensive line. When you got 4 defenders in your face when you snap the ball, there is nothing anyone can do. Flowers has been terrible, the guy couldn't stop a beach ball, yet they continue to play him. They also need a real running back, Perkins isn't a starting g running back.

What is the deal with end one celebrations? Why are they calling some and allowing others? I am confused with these penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    At this point, your going to get the same out of any QB. While Eli has his faults, the major issue is that offensive line. When you got 4 defenders in your face when you snap the ball, there is nothing anyone can do. Flowers has been terrible, the guy couldn't stop a beach ball, yet they continue to play him. They also need a real running back, Perkins isn't a starting g running back.
    I'm not saying you will get immediate results but I think it's time for a new direction. Similar to Manning/Luck, without the injuries.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    What is the deal with end one celebrations? Why are they calling some and allowing others? I am confused with these penalties.
    The league punted on enforcement of celebrations in the off-season.

So pretty much anything short of guys leaving the bench to join in or taunting the opponent is now OK.

They might have to add a third no no after OBJs dog urination impersonation today

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The league punted on enforcement of celebrations in the off-season.

So pretty much anything short of guys leaving the bench to join in or taunting the opponent is now OK.

They might have to add a third no no after OBJs dog urination impersonation today

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    But they gave Ingram and OBJ penalties for their celebrations, and neither taunted the other team or left the bench. They call some and not others, there is no consistency across all of the games.

How about these guys just celebrate with their teammates

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast