• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fox Orders 'X-Men' Pilot from Bryan Singer, Matt Nix, Marvel TV

Phil

Fox has officially ordered an untitled action-adventure pilot in the X-Men universe from 20th TV and Marvel Television. Matt Nix is set to write and executive produce.

The pilot will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

This is the second Marvel TV project to go to a network in the Fox family, with ?Legion? ? a co-production between Marvel TV and FX Productions ? set to debut on FX on Feb. 8. If picked up to series, the new project would be the second X-Men-based show to make it to television. Fox and FX parent 21st Century Fox enjoys exclusive film and television rights to the X-Men characters under a longstanding licensing deal with Marvel.

The Fox project is expected to tie more closely than ?Legion? to the X-Men mythos as laid out in the comic books and feature films. ?With the X-Men comics, there are a lot of alt universes, so that has allowed me some leeway,? Noah Hawley, creator of ?Legion,? told Variety in the cover story from this week?s issue. ?And obviously it?s a sort of origin story for David, but none of the other characters that I?ve surrounded him with are from the comics. It?s sort of an invented world.?

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-marvel-tv-series-1201968795/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed. Enough superhero stuff.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's not even that. Enough of the SAME super heros, and the same "universe". How far into the mutant world of X men and Avengers do we need to go ALL THE TIME??? I don't want a TV show of all new made up mutants, when they haven't done justice to original ones in the movies.

I see your point. I liked X-men Apocalypse though, and haven't Netflix's Daredevil and Jessica Jones been praised?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Daredevil was really good/great, but to me thats within the characters world. It's mostly original characters, and not some mixed pile of shitty "fake" made for the show/movie characters.. I have not watched Jessica Jones, nor Luke Cage, so I won't comment on them.. I hated Apocalypse..

As of now the Captain America movies have taken the lead on all of these franchises, as making the best movies. .

But these new shows with newly made up characters for the show... Ehhh, I can't get into it. Not when they could do a run on other REAL Marvel characters.

Archived