• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" Discussion Thread

Morphinity 2.0

:tweet: @starwars

It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi http://strw.rs/60198RpcU

--

The name for the next Star Wars movie has been announced. The movie is set to release on December 15, 2017. Let the hype train get rolling!

Also, rumors are flying that there will be a trailer of some sort during the Super Bowl based on the fact that the trailer for The Force Awakens was released 2 weeks after the movie was given its title. The Super Bowl is in two week.

Stay posted.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I was recently watching The Force Awakens with my kids, they are obsessed with Star Wars like I am, and I heard smoke refer to Luke Skywalker as The Last Jedi. I hadnt picked up on that any other time I watched it. Can't wait for this to come out though.

• 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to see this Christmas day. I honestly don't understand the complaints from fans. I thought this was fantastic. For me, it might be the second best Star Wars flick yet.

Gun to my head, the only complaint I had was:

Leia allowing Admiral Holdo to go down with the ship. I suppose they were technically the same rank, and Rian Johnson probably didn't want to kill off both Luke and Leia in the same film, but I found it odd that she allowed that to happen on two fronts. First, the way they interracted, it seemed more like Holdo was a subordinant. Second, knowing Carrie Fisher died in real life, what better moment would they have had to give her a proper send off?

Dunno about others, to me it's the same problem TFA already had "been there done that", it's taking too much from the originals. Down to whole lines of dialogue.

So much that it feels to me, that this is actually a remake or reboot of the orginal series, but Disney was too afraid to go through with it and alson wanted to bang in from the old cast re-appearing.

For all their faults, the prequels at least tried to tell something new.

Add that half of the storylines were totally irrelevant to the plot. You could have made the same movie totally without Finn, Poe, Rose and probably even Leia.

Sidenote: "Look at us, we made Star Wars all diverse now"....but only the white people really matter if you think about it.

Phasma at this point is just a shinier Boba Fett, doing barely anything in 2 movies now. Why have her and even market her?

Luke feels wrong too, but I could have lived with it, if the rest of the movie was really good. The scenes between him, Rey and Kylo surely were the best the movie had to offer.

Despite all that it's not necessarily a bad movie I guess, but it totally didn't connect with me on an emotional level.

and honestly:

I am tired of this "tiny Rebellion against huge Empire" stick, that was supposed to be over after RotJ, plus basically everything that returned us to this situation happened off-screen, which is bad story-telling, when you connect to previous material. How is the Rebelion even alive at this point, when they failed so hard, that all of them fit into the Falcon?

Archived