Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 Reports from the Rink

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    @BrettCyrgalis #NYR practice, with healthy Kreider; Lindberg, Clendening extras. 26-21-61, 20-93-36, 40-13-10, 89-73-19. 27-5, 18-22, 76-8.

Such a deep lineup. Both Buchnevich and Pirri on the fourth line should make for interesting play. Definitely dangerous.

//reported Junior Division
    Holy shit, that lineup is deep.
    I hate breaking up ZBK, but Zucc needs a spot in the top 6 and if Buch is the one that "suffers," so be it.
    Last edited by booze and wingz; 10-31-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    flood control is not my dam job

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I was also going to complain about the ZBK line being separated but man, this line up gave me wood. I haven't had this much fun watching this team since the 2014 run. Really hope they keep firing on all cylinders for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I was also going to complain about the ZBK line being separated but man, this line up gave me wood. I haven't had this much fun watching this team since the 2014 run. Really hope they keep firing on all cylinders for a while.
    2014 Rangers...
    Man...I fucking love that team. That team didn't have this kind of line though, but good christ do I love the 2014 Rangers.

Edit - NEVERMIND!
    I forgot about the Pouliot/Brassard/Zucc line. The only line to take a 2 goal lead in overtime. FUCK, I love that team.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    @NYRangers: AV said Kreider will return tomorrow and will play with Zibanejad and Zuccarello. Lindberg expected to be a healthy scratch. #NYR

@stevezipay: So to recap, NYR lines this AM: 26-21-61; 20-93-36; 40-13-10, 89-73-19

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
    Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
    Grabner-Hayes-Miller
    Buchnevich-Pirri-Fast
    Not crazy about this. You had Kreider - Zibanejad- Buchnevich dominating all through camp until Buch and then Kreider got hurt. Go back to that. And yes, that means based on recent play of the other two set lines, that MZA technically is on the fourth line then. But I can see him creating space and being able to set up Pirri for one timers, which as we know could mean a whole lot more goals. And of course, MZA and Pirri would also get PP time. You could also use that 4th line as a 3rd line or a 2nd line when they're going, the same as AV did with the Grabner, Miller, Hayes line last night. If a MZA - Pirri - Fast line could become the 4th line with great chemistry, we could certainly sustain this level of play for a long time.

I'm OK with Lindberg being the healthy scratch. He hasn't been doing anything notable, while everyone else in the lineup has. Tough break that missing camp has cost him his roster spot so far. It will likely hurt our faceoff percentage though. 3 out of the last 4 games the Rangers have been under 50% at the dots. This after being over 50% in 4 of the first 5. Nothing to get too excited about yet, but it's something to watch moving forward.

Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect
    I figured we'd see a 3rd line of Miller-Hayes-Zucc. Keep Hayes with speed, plus Miller had good chemistry with Zucc last year. Kind of hoping Buch doesn't stay on 4th line long, he's looked really good with Zib and Kreider

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clutch View Post
    I figured we'd see a 3rd line of Miller-Hayes-Zucc. Keep Hayes with speed, plus Miller had good chemistry with Zucc last year. Kind of hoping Buch doesn't stay on 4th line long, he's looked really good with Zib and Kreider
    Ditto

Moderator Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clutch View Post
    Agreed, but it's really hard to move Grabner coming off the hatty. That line accounted for 4 goals against TB, it would pretty much take freaking Wayne Gretzky for me to break it up I think.

@J_Tasch Changes: Buch-Mika-Zucc, Kreider-Step-Nash, Vesey-Hayes-Miller, Grabner-Pirri-Fast. McD-G, Staal-Skjei, Holden-Klein

Not so sure about the forward lines.

D pairings should be solid, but that bottom pairing could be questionable. I think Skjei could slowly be working his way up to the top pair given his play.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    @J_Tasch Changes: Buch-Mika-Zucc, Kreider-Step-Nash, Vesey-Hayes-Miller, Grabner-Pirri-Fast. McD-G, Staal-Skjei, Holden-Klein

D pairings should be solid, but that bottom pairing could be questionable. I think Skjei could slowly be working his way up to the top pair given his play.
    I don't mind those forward lines. Buch has been on fire the past couple of games, looks like he is settling in nicely to the NA game. Kreider-Step-Nash have worked together well in the past. Vessel-Hayes-Miller are all similar style players and would compliment each other nicely and that 4th line is good defensively and can provide some offense as well. They just may need to give them a game or 2 together to get a real good feel.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar

I dont understand why they dont try the KZB line again? Kreids and Zib have been poor after they broke up the line, while Buch seems to have found his game. Why not see if Buch can get the two others going again? I also think Vesey have been good with Nash, and the 3rd line was dominating With Grabner. I dont understand why so big changes are nessecery just because of one bad game.

The D-lines I think is okay. I like that Skjei is working his way up, but I think he has been solid with Klein. Holden - Klein can be scary, especially the way Klein has started this year.

McD - Skjei
    Staal - Klein
    Holden - G

Come close to Jan/Feb. I hope this will be the D-pairings going forward and in to (hopefully) playoffs. That is if we dont make a move for a D-man obviously.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    The KZB line was forcing Buch to his off wing, and he is finally playing well at the RW spot, I wouldn't move him off of it again and mess with his game.
    This doesn't make sense...

Buch, even in Russia, has always preferred to play RW, which is his off side. And with Kreider as the LW, RW is where he plays on the KZB line.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    This doesn't make sense...

Buch, even in Russia, has always preferred to play RW, which is his off side. And with Kreider as the LW, RW is where he plays on the KZB line.
    Yeah, I fucked up, my bad. I don't know why I thought Kreider was a RW as well. I had a brain fart. I deleted it.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Jesper Fast,leading the team in penalty minutes!

Senior Member Midget Division
    lol. some of those were just a bit of bad luck for quickie

@BrettCyrgalis Puempel getting a look on regular line, w/ Jooris, Fast. Lindberg as extra. Grabner-Stepan-Nash, Kreider-Hayes-Zucc, Vesey-Pir-Miller. #NYR

I would put Pirri back on the fourth line and bump up Fast, but I guess we're seeing mostly the same lineup for tomorrow. Not a fan of Pirri when he's not on for special teams.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Curious if Puempel can do anything. Not necessarily torn up that Lindberg is looking at a scratch.

Senior Member Midget Division
    @BrettCyrgalis Puempel getting a look on regular line, w/ Jooris, Fast. Lindberg as extra. Grabner-Stepan-Nash, Kreider-Hayes-Zucc, Vesey-Pir-Miller. #NYR

I would put Pirri back on the fourth line and bump up Fast, but I guess we're seeing mostly the same lineup for tomorrow. Not a fan of Pirri when he's not on for special teams.
    I'm the opposite. I want to see Pirri get a ton of ice time with talented players. He's been good all season and IMO deserves a look at a bigger role.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Wasn't quite sure this is the right place to put this but Hrivik recalled...https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/ran...rd/c-284396796

Puempel sitting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast