Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016-2017 NHL Waiver Wire

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    To hope he was claimed by another team to free up a contract under the 50 contract limit every team has.

Assigning a player, even one who clears waivers, to the AHL doesn't "get rid of the contract". Only trading the player, having them get claimed by another club, or contract termination can do that.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    he very well could be headed to the A though. Not suggesting that he won't or doesn't deserve to be but it's certainly a possibility that they are just seeing if someone will take him for free, especially if they are trying to make room for a possible deadline trade

Senior Member Midget Division
    So another team is realizing that McI is just not good enough for this current NHL. 10 - 15 years ago he would have been a regular but he just can't hang anymore with his strengths being phased out of the game.

He was the victim of bad draft position, and missed the big, mean defensemen window by a few years. Imagine he was drafted in 08, for example. He'd have had so much more fanfare behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Avs claim Barberio

The Colorado Avalanche have picked up puck-moving defenseman Mark Barberio off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens, adding depth and some value to their struggling blue line.

The 26-year-old Barberio has 172 points in 261 games played during his AHL career, and 31 points in 159 NHL games. This season Barberio picked up 18 points in 20 games with the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps, and four assists in 26 games with the Canadiens.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colorad...174540937.html

Poor Barberio. From one of the best clubs in the league to the absolute worst, just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

@Sportscentre
    UPDATE: @PredsNHL place C Mike Ribeiro on waivers #TSNHockey
    @Real_ESPNLeBrun
    Ribeiro has asked for a trade

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    @Sportscentre
    @Real_ESPNLeBrun
    Does he still look like a crackhead?

//reported Junior Division
    Yes
    LGR!

@CapFriendly: on Waivers today (26/02)

Zac Dalpe MIN
    Teemu Pulkkinen MIN
    Ryan Carter MIN
    Greg McKegg FLA
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/trans...nhl/all/today/

Dalpe claimed by Columbus and Pulkkinen clears waivers but subsequently dealt to the Coyotes for future considerations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12