Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 NHL Waiver Wire

Former Moderator BSBH Legend

2016-2017 NHL Waiver Wire

Elliotte Friedman: ‏To review: Condon (PIT), Dahlbeck (CAR), Griffith (TOR), Parenteau (NJ) & Pulkkinen (MIN)

##

Those players were claimed by the team in parenthesis.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Parenteau stands out the most considering he scored 20+ goals on the worst team in the league last season. He'll do the same again for a team that's probably going to be a lottery team again. Hall/Henrique/Parenteau is my guess.

But Pulkkinen is probably an NHL player, too, and could probably give Minnesota some nice third-line scoring.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Jets include Pavelec in latest round of cuts
    http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1123875
    (via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Just NDA shocked. He's a damn good goalie. Shocked they couldn't get anything in trade for him. Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary, or anyone with questions in net didn't pick him up or get him in trade. He'll be a big pick up when a big goalie goes down.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Parenteau stands out the most considering he scored 20+ goals on the worst team in the league last season. He'll do the same again for a team that's probably going to be a lottery team again. Hall/Henrique/Parenteau is my guess.

But Pulkkinen is probably an NHL player, too, and could probably give Minnesota some nice third-line scoring.
    I still don't understand the Parenteau move

LGR
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Jets include Pavelec in latest round of cuts
    http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1123875
    (via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Just NDA shocked. He's a damn good goalie. Shocked they couldn't get anything in trade for him. Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary, or anyone with questions in net didn't pick him up or get him in trade. He'll be a big pick up when a big goalie goes down.
    Is he though? He's got the talent to be very good, and at times he is, but it seems like he's always let them down. Subjectively, I'd say that .915 is the minimum save % for a "good" goalie, and he's only hit that once in his career. His career average is just .907 (Lundq is at .92, for reference).

Pavelec is similar to a guy like Halak, who has the talent to steal games sometimes, or even get hot and have a strong playoff run, but doesn't have the mental makeup to really be a franchise goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Is he though? He's got the talent to be very good, and at times he is, but it seems like he's always let them down. Subjectively, I'd say that .915 is the minimum save % for a "good" goalie, and he's only hit that once in his career. His career average is just .907 (Lundq is at .92, for reference).

Pavelec is similar to a guy like Halak, who has the talent to steal games sometimes, or even get hot and have a strong playoff run, but doesn't have the mental makeup to really be a franchise goalie.
    I guess that's it. He gets hot, then injured, sucks, almost loses the starting gig, then gets red hot again.. I'd say his team is more of a direct result of his sv%. He's had some shit defenses Infront of him.

He may not be elite, but he's better than a few guys starting on other teams.

The Jets do have a pretty good prospect they are giving a chance to though. So I guess that's their reasoning. Just odd nobody else wanted him

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Etem put on waivers by Canucks. Was claimed by Ducks

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I don't know why I find that hilarious

LGR
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Etem put on waivers by Canucks. Was claimed by Ducks
    Jeez.

I saw Montreal waived Stefan Matteau. I'd love to see the Rangers try to add him to Hartford. Wonder if they can swing a deal.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Matteau would have to go on waivers to be sent down if the Rangers claimed him. If someone gets claimed, they get added to the NHL roster. Plus he's shown nothing as a pro, would be a waste of a contract spot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Matteau would have to go on waivers to be sent down if the Rangers claimed him. If someone gets claimed, they get added to the NHL roster. Plus he's shown nothing as a pro, would be a waste of a contract spot IMO.
    Well yeah. I meant when he clears waivers, try to do a minor league deal/swap. Having the name in the organization is just something that I want to see. LOL. At one time he was full of potential. It's not like Hartford is packed with talent.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect

2016-2017 NHL Waiver Wire

The pack actually had a really strong opening game, winning 6-3 with a quick, high speed transition game. They do have a lot of talent with Kovacs, Stromwall, Nieves, Tambellini, Bodie, Gilmour etc.

Matteau has had a shitty attitude throughout his pro career as well. I'd rather steer clear from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Today the Panthers waived defenseman Dylan McIlrath.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Today the Panthers waived defenseman Dylan McIlrath.
    Was this to send him down to the the AHL?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Was this to send him down to the the AHL?
    What else would it be for?
    (Serious question; I could very well be ignorant of other reasons you'd waive someone)
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Junior Division
    well waiving a player doesn't mean you have to send him down. I think if a player clears waiver you can send him down without having to go through again for a little while but sometimes players will get waived but wind up staying. More just a way to see if you can easily clear a contract off the books

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    What else would it be for?
    (Serious question; I could very well be ignorant of other reasons you'd waive someone)
    Like BlairBettsBlocksEveryTing wrote I'm thinking getting the contract off the books was my thought.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Gotcha. Thanks guys.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Waivers are required if they want to assign him to Springfield, their AHL affiliate. If my memory serves and he passes through, as he should, the Panthers will have thirty days to assign him or they'll need to place him on waivers again to repeat the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

I'll need to brush up my knowledge, but what's the difference between "getting rid of the contract" vs. "sending to the AHL affiliate?"

I guess my question is this - if the intent was NOT to send a player to the A, what would be the point of waiving him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast