• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Calling ALL Posters

Vodka Drunkenski

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Idk, I feel like this trend has been going on for quite sometime now, including during last season. Could be only me

LGR

Personally, the 14' and 15' playoff failures (and that's what they were) took alot out of my sail. I come here more in a subdued nature now it feels like. Nothing against the board, it's the team that let me down as a fan. Add to that, 2 young kids that demand my attention and it's hard to be on top of things as an out of town fan. Luckily this board keeps me up to date to the minute.

Personally, the 14' and 15' playoff failures (and that's what they were) took alot out of my sail. I come here more in a subdued nature now it feels like. Nothing against the board, it's the team that let me down as a fan. Add to that, 2 young kids that demand my attention and it's hard to be on top of things as an out of town fan. Luckily this board keeps me up to date to the minute.

That's a very good point

LGR

Phil, you'll have more time when the kid can find entertainment for 10-30 minutes. You will be interrupted when you're doing something "important", but you'll get a break before college.

Yeah, that's kinda how it works now. I find time when he naps, obviously, but also to post from my phone sometimes when he's kinda preoccupied playing with toys.

I'll just say that forums or message boards aren't a popular means of communicating anymore. Fans go to Twitter, Facebook, and places like reddit to talk. I don't know the numbers, but I'd bet forums are just bleeding members just from my anecdotal experience.

They're really not effective mediums of discussion, but it's just convenient. Also, no moderators on Facebook and Twitter...

I'll just say that forums or message boards aren't a popular means of communicating anymore. Fans go to Twitter, Facebook, and places like reddit to talk. I don't know the numbers, but I'd bet forums are just bleeding members just from my anecdotal experience.

They're really not effective mediums of discussion, but it's just convenient. Also, no moderators on Facebook and Twitter...

Also true.

Forums are more long form, which is diametrically opposed to most online communication today. We tend to suggest in 140 characters or less. Not 1,400 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sad :(

Archived