• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First game

Scorpio1990

Hi everybody

Me, my wife and my son are coming to New York in March from the UK. Specifically that time of year so we can come and watch Hockey as well as other stuff. I'm a life long NHL and hockey fan and this is my first game as well as first trip to America.

I've worked out where to get tickets from but how much are tickets for children? My son will be two and a half when we come.

Which leads me onto my second question, is the atmosphere etc etc suitable for a two and a half year old? He doesn't mind crowds and noisy places. Do you see a lot of young'uns?

Also is there a lot of trouble/agro with fans of the opposing team within the arena?

Regards

H

If you can deal with bad language and sometimes rude fans, you will be fine. I am sure you've been to a Football/soccer game, with you being from the UK. I'd imagine those crowds are much more crazy than what goes on inside MSG.

Not really sure you want to bring the baby though, for your own enjoyment. Hockey is the best sport to watch live, and you will want to soak it all in if it's your first game. Running from your seat with a crying baby to change a diaper or what not may ruin your time or others around you. I'm not condoning it, but people do get mean about crying kids. On the other hand you may enjoy it more as you have those you love most right there with you at the game you love to watch.

There isn't likely to be a large group of opposing teams fans, and if there are, it is probably a bunch of good people just looking to have fun. No need to worry about a ruckus with that kind of situation.

Yeah I regularly go to see a soccer team called Millwall, quite a reputation over here. I wouldn't take my son there until he's 10 or 11 because of the trouble we get sometimes but bad language and rudeness is something we can't always protect him from, so that's fine. I've seen on the TV that fans with different jerseys sit with each other, couldn't have that here.

It will probably be the only time we come to the states for about three or four years so hockey game is a must. The wife can go and change him whilst I watch :) I'm sure if he gets bored the iPad and our phones will come in handy but that's sound advice. Are there child tickets? Or is it full adult price for him?

Also, I hope the beer is good ;)

Plenty of beers to choose from. Plenty of food too. They did a nice job remodeling the Garden a couple years ago. It's a must go for a sports fan. Have fun. But be prepared to pay a LOT of money for beer and concessions.The prices are absurd.

Yeah I regularly go to see a soccer team called Millwall, quite a reputation over here. I wouldn't take my son there until he's 10 or 11 because of the trouble we get sometimes but bad language and rudeness is something we can't always protect him from, so that's fine. I've seen on the TV that fans with different jerseys sit with each other, couldn't have that here.

It will probably be the only time we come to the states for about three or four years so hockey game is a must. The wife can go and change him whilst I watch :) I'm sure if he gets bored the iPad and our phones will come in handy but that's sound advice. Are there child tickets? Or is it full adult price for him?

;)

Lol, enjoy the game!

Idk what Jules is talking about by the way - I was drinking $9 pounders. Which is terrible, but not quite $11 for a small drink terrible.

Hmm, maybe I'm confusing it with another arena I recently went to... but isn't $9 still awful?!

Hmm, maybe I'm confusing it with another arena I recently went to... but isn't $9 still awful?!

Well yea, but it's not $11 awful. I actually thought $9 was fairly reasonable for a 16 oz. Brooklyn Lager.

That was two years ago though, maybe the prices have gone up.

Archived