Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets Sign Tim Tebow to Minor League Contact

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Mets Sign Tim Tebow to Minor League Contact

The New York Mets will sign Tim Tebow to a minor league contract, an MLB source told ESPN on Thursday.

The former quarterback will be sent to the Arizona Fall League or the Instructional League to begin his professional baseball career.

The Mets decided to sign Tebow on Wednesday, a source said. General manager Sandy Alderson met with team co-owner Jeff Wilpon, who signed off on Alderson's suggestion that they get a deal done.

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella had confirmed earlier this week that the team had interest in Tebow and had "multiple" conversations with Tebow's representatives as a step toward signing him to a professional baseball contract.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...t?sf35381304=1
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    PR move, for sure.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Yes good for the box office and that is all
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    He's never making it to Citi Field
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    I tried to order a custom player T with TEBOW and #15 but they only have Small and XXL in stock
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

swamped Midget Division
    Totally for publicity and for the Mets to make more money. Was hoping the Braves were going to sign Tebow to cart him around SEC-land and it's various minor league affiliates for the increased gate revenue as a carnival sideshow. Embarassed the Mets (I root for) made the cash grab.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Huge comeback win
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Totally for publicity and for the Mets to make more money. Was hoping the Braves were going to sign Tebow to cart him around SEC-land and it's various minor league affiliates for the increased gate revenue as a carnival sideshow. Embarassed the Mets (I root for) made the cash grab.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-new-york-mets

I don't think that's the case at all. 269 people in attendance. Its not at all about money. Its about seeing what the guy can do...

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    We'll my phone got blown up with Tim Tebow news,he hit a homerun on his first Instructional leaque pitch

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    We'll my phone got blown up with Tim Tebow news,he hit a homerun on his first Instructional leaque pitch
    Hit into a double play on the next one.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    need to get him in the line up ASAP IMO
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-new-york-mets

I don't think that's the case at all. 269 people in attendance. Its not at all about money. Its about seeing what the guy can do...
    Tebow is never going to make a major league roster, so it certainly can't be about seeing what the guy can do

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Tebow is never going to make a major league roster, so it certainly can't be about seeing what the guy can do
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?

swamped Midget Division
    Can I borrow your crystal ball?
    Don't use mine.... listen to 99.9% of baseball people. If you choose to believe the 0.1% that say there is a chance, your choice.

Don't use mine.... listen to 99.9% of baseball people. If you choose to believe the 0.1% that say there is a chance, your choice.
    or I just won't write off the hardest working guy in all of pro sports after a couple months of getting back into baseball.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    or I just won't write off the hardest working guy in all of pro sports after a couple months of getting back into baseball.
    Pretty strong statement.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    He's hard working, but he's failed at pretty much everything he's tried since leaving Florida. He's running off fumes from his college days, moreso than most college bros do.

swamped Midget Division
    Doesn't matter how hard Tebow works. He's 29 years old. He hasn't played baseball since his junior year of high school.

Do you know how many Americans are 29 years old and haven't played baseball since junior year of high school? But yet Tebow is the Chosen One... he was a good college quarterback that would have had a NFL career if he was willing to switch to fullback.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow

He's taking a roster spot from a 18-30 year old that has dedicated his life to baseball. He needs to do charity work, public speaking, and move on from his athletic life.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Ploy move by the Mets, his agent is the same agent for Cespedes, doing Tebow a solid, and possbily gives the Mets an extra opportunity not to lose Cespedes. Typically to have a players apparel to be sold, the player has to be on the 40 man roster, but there is a loophole, Tebow signed a licensing agreement with the Mets so that is how his apparel is being sold which turns into extra $$$ for the Mets/Tebow.

Doesn't matter how hard Tebow works. He's 29 years old. He hasn't played baseball since his junior year of high school.

Do you know how many Americans are 29 years old and haven't played baseball since junior year of high school? But yet Tebow is the Chosen One... he was a good college quarterback that would have had a NFL career if he was willing to switch to fullback.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow

He's taking a roster spot from a 18-30 year old that has dedicated his life to baseball. He needs to do charity work, public speaking, and move on from his athletic life.
    How many of them could hit a chest high 91 mph fastball off a 6'5" lefty for an opposite field HR on the very first pitch they see in their first live game action since their junior year of high school?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast