Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milo Yiannopoulos

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I get that, but as a tax paying citizen I feel like people are plenty free to make their terrible decisions, and then when the bills come due the taxpayers are on the hook.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Which is why I like the minimum income ideas going around, but that's another story.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I get that, but as a tax paying citizen I feel like people are plenty free to make their terrible decisions, and then when the bills come due the taxpayers are on the hook.
    As Puck Head would say, your taxes are a drop in the bucket. And at the end of the day, your first complaint should be about the $50 stapler in someone's government office, or the $250 toilet seat.

Not the family on government cheese.

Senior Member Midget Division
    To touch on the feminism aspect of this conversation, I live with a girl that's a pretty outspoken person in regards to women's rights, feminism and equality. I support a lot of what she says. However, human nature being what it is, I dog get the hypocrisy or double standard with some women.

I work in a field dominated by men. Women want the same, level playing field as men, as they should. At the same time, I've heard women say "I can't do that, I'm a female" (in regards to shoveling snow to get a cruiser out) or "I can't go out today, I have my period", etc. These are things I've heard. You can't have both. You can't demand equal pay and want to be treated exactly the same if you're going to say things like that.

And on the social level, I'm a city employee who has no yet reached top pay. I've dated many professional women in my time that made significantly more money than me. I've got close women friends who make $120k + a year and still expect a guy who makes 75k to buy them dinner and view them negatively when they don't. It's insulting. Where does chivalry and equality meet? We're either equal or we're not. You can't make demands only when it's convenient for you. Have conviction. Either we're the same of we're not.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    To touch on the feminism aspect of this conversation, I live with a girl that's a pretty outspoken person in regards to women's rights, feminism and equality. I support a lot of what she says. However, human nature being what it is, I dog get the hypocrisy or double standard with some women.

I work in a field dominated by men. Women want the same, level playing field as men, as they should. At the same time, I've heard women say "I can't do that, I'm a female" (in regards to shoveling snow to get a cruiser out) or "I can't go out today, I have my period", etc. These are things I've heard. You can't have both. You can't demand equal pay and want to be treated exactly the same if you're going to say things like that.

And on the social level, I'm a city employee who has no yet reached top pay. I've dated many professional women in my time that made significantly more money than me. I've got close women friends who make $120k + a year and still expect a guy who makes 75k to buy them dinner and view them negatively when they don't. It's insulting. Where does chivalry and equality meet? We're either equal or we're not. You can't make demands only when it's convenient for you. Have conviction. Either we're the same of we're not.
    I hear you on some of this stuff, don't really disagree with much of it.

The only thing is the period... Think of it like a chronic migraine or bad back. Keeps someone out for a day or two, but you can't hold it against someone.

They call me Shaq Bantam Division
    Niko, I think most people agree with you and there are ways to have constructive conversations its just baby steps. I know I have had the equality conversation with my gf, sister, mother and such and it never starts well but it just takes patience and actual talking versus just saying THE PAY GAP DOESNT EXIST and then think that you just red pilled someone.

Bill Burr actually has a couple great podcasts on this matter because he is the type of person that is 100% honest and if you ask him a hard question he wont pause to answer it worrying about whether people will be offended and his wife is a borderline new wave feminist but after she gets done yelling at him and actually listens to his reasoning for saying the things he says she actually respects him a lot.
    ___________LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentosman42 View Post
    Niko, I think most people agree with you and there are ways to have constructive conversations its just baby steps. I know I have had the equality conversation with my gf, sister, mother and such and it never starts well but it just takes patience and actual talking versus just saying THE PAY GAP DOESNT EXIST and then think that you just red pilled someone.

Bill Burr actually has a couple great podcasts on this matter because he is the type of person that is 100% honest and if you ask him a hard question he wont pause to answer it worrying about whether people will be offended and his wife is a borderline new wave feminist but after she gets done yelling at him and actually listens to his reasoning for saying the things he says she actually respects him a lot.
    Don't mean to derail the thread, but I love when this happens on the podcast. I listen to each one and I love when he calls Nia in for the questions.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Agreed. It's fun to hear him rant about something and hear Nia laugh, I can picture her shaking her head. At the same time, Bill doesn't back down on the paradox of equality, especially when he used to talk about absurd divorce payments wives of athletes received. He's got a lot of common sense and is honest enough to point out that nothing he talks about is researched 😆. Great stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12