Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Kaepernick Refusal to Stand for National Anthem Ignites Controversy

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    The NFL had one day to wear stickers in honor of military service. Each team wore one for a day. The other stickers are former players or owners in memorial.

I'll ask one last time..

Would you be ok with a black lives matter sticker ?

Your changing your argument here. First you said they they didn't allow anyone to wear a sticker because it alters the uniform. Then you said they allow teams to wear a sticker honoring someone that is a former player or owner, along with a sticker honoring the military. What is the difference between a military sticker and a sticker honoring a tragedy that occurred in their city?

As for the black lives matter sticker, the league has already allowed its players to show support for them, without repercussions, during live games, so in essence, they have already allowed the teams to show support for them.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Your changing your argument here. First you said they they didn't allow anyone to wear a sticker because it alters the uniform. Then you said they allow teams to wear a sticker honoring someone that is a former player or owner, along with a sticker honoring the military. What is the difference between a military sticker and a sticker honoring a tragedy that occurred in their city? As for the black lives matter sticker, the league has already allowed its players to show support for them, without repercussions, during live games, so in essence, they have already allowed the teams to show support for them.
    You are incorrect, I was specific in regards to the rule policy

The rule is specific in regards to uniform. Anything worn must represent the team, team events, or team personal. Of the Cowboys wore those, you could see some other team wearing stickers to memorialize some African American shot down unarmed. It's a slippery slope

Cosmetologists need a two year degree no? If so, perhaps he should have said more education.

Most police academies are 4-6 months correct?

You need at least an associates degree or military, and most academies are 6-12 months, and then throughout the year, officers go to numerous trainings. So its not just the academy and then you never go for any other training.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Your changing your argument here. First you said they they didn't allow anyone to wear a sticker because it alters the uniform. Then you said they allow teams to wear a sticker honoring someone that is a former player or owner, along with a sticker honoring the military. What is the difference between a military sticker and a sticker honoring a tragedy that occurred in their city? As for the black lives matter sticker, the league has already allowed its players to show support for them, without repercussions, during live games, so in essence, they have already allowed the teams to show support for them.
    So you are ok with black lives matter stickers

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    The NFL had one day to wear stickers in honor of military service. Each team wore one for a day. The other stickers are former players or owners in memorial.

I'll ask one last time..

Would you be ok with a black lives matter sticker ?
    No, because BLM is an activist group. The stickers that the Cowboys wanted to wear were to show solidarity between the police and the community. The same police that protect these players 24/7 during practices, games, travel time, etc ...
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    You need at least an associates degree or military, and most academies are 6-12 months, and then throughout the year, officers go to numerous trainings. So its not just the academy and then you never go for any other training.
    Here are other police forces outside of New York
    A two year degree is not needed for police

And most professions have continuous training

You are incorrect, I was specific in regards to the rule policy

Where do military stickers fit into that rule? They are allowed to wear them, as I showed you in the picture. That would be the same thing as what the Cowboys wanted to wear.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Where do military stickers fit into that rule? They are allowed to wear them, as I showed you in the picture. That would be the same thing as what the Cowboys wanted to wear.
    It was a league event
    Just like I stated in my original post

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    No, because BLM is an activist group. The stickers that the Cowboys wanted to wear were to show solidarity between the police and the community. The same police that protect these players 24/7 during practices, games, travel time, etc ...
    So you are saying that stickers should be shown for every tragedy?

So every team should be wearing stickers representing the names of unarmed citizens shot?

Helmets might get kind of busy

Here are other police forces outside of New York
    A two year degree is not needed for police

And most professions have continuous training
    Yes, but again, he specifically said that the police are only trained for 6 months, which is false. You even just said that most professions have continuous training.

So you are saying that stickers should be shown for every tragedy?

So every team should be wearing stickers representing the names of unarmed citizens shot?

Helmets might get kind of busy
    I didn't say anything like what you're asking me. Also, upon further investigations in these tragedies, the police have been correct and justified in the majority of them. Just because *** news puts shit out there, doesn't make it true. What happened in Ferguson after the investigation ? Oh, that's right .... Witnesses (AA WITNESSES) saw that saint go for the officers gun. So they destroyed a city for a piece of shit. Good job
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

It was a league event
    Just like I stated in my original post
    Care to explain this?

Or how about this?
    http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...ay-vs-oakland/

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Care to explain this? Or how about this? http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...ay-vs-oakland/
    Good find
    Wouldn't compare children being shot to police on duty....but whatever...

And last time, you would be ok with NFL teams memorializing victims of police shootings ?

Good find
    Wouldn't compare children being shot to police on duty....but whatever...

And last time, you would be ok with NFL teams memorializing victims of police shootings ?
    I never compared the police shooting to children being shot and killed, nice try. You said the league only allows teams to put stickers on their helmets if it's a league wide thing or to honor a former player or owner, and I proved you wrong on that because they allowed the examples I provided.

I have answered your last question numerous times. The NFL has already allowed players to memorialize people shot and killed by police. They allowed the Rams players to enter the field at the start of the game doing "hands up, don't shoot", which was actually proven to not have happened and that Michael was the one who actually attacked to cop. So whether I like it or not, the league has already allowed that plus what Kaep did.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You boss can't require that you stand during the anthem. It's a first amendment violation.
    You're correct. Where there's a will, there's a way. Ok, you suck. You're gone. Prove you were cut for another reason.
    This actually isn't true. Privately owned companies not performing public functions that were traditionally and exclusively reserved for the government are not subject to the First Amendment. It's a protection from government action, hence the language, "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech." There's a pretty famous case from 2004 where a woman was fired merely for having a bumper sticker supporting John Kerry that her employer didn't like. He told her she could work for him or work for John Kerry. When she refused to remove the bumper sticker, he fired her. No First Amendment violation was found as it was a private company.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    This actually isn't true. Privately owned companies not performing public functions that were traditionally and exclusively reserved for the government are not subject to the First Amendment. It's a protection from government action, hence the language, "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech." There's a pretty famous case from 2004 where a woman was fired merely for having a bumper sticker supporting John Kerry that her employer didn't like. He told her she could work for him or work for John Kerry. When she refused to remove the bumper sticker, he fired her. No First Amendment violation was found as it was a private company.
    I stand corrected. Good to know.

It would probably violate their CBA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    Interesting. Thanks. Also, the NFL could do whatever the fuck they want. They're one of the most powerful businesses in the country.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I never compared the police shooting to children being shot and killed, nice try. You said the league only allows teams to put stickers on their helmets if it's a league wide thing or to honor a former player or owner, and I proved you wrong on that because they allowed the examples I provided. I have answered your last question numerous times. The NFL has already allowed players to memorialize people shot and killed by police. They allowed the Rams players to enter the field at the start of the game doing "hands up, don't shoot", which was actually proven to not have happened and that Michael was the one who actually attacked to cop. So whether I like it or not, the league has already allowed that plus what Kaep did.

So your answer is yes in regards to black lives matter stickers

I see your attempt to skirt the question, I'm just looking for a answer

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I stand corrected. Good to know.

It would probably violate their CBA, though.
    Oh for sure. And that doesn't include the civil liberties shitshow that would ensue. There's a reason companies tend not to fire people for political speech even though they can. It's a sticky mess nobody wants to get near.

Interesting. Thanks. Also, the NFL could do whatever the fuck they want. They're one of the most powerful businesses in the country.
    Also true, as we've seen repeatedly, IMO, in recent times with the widely varying penalties/punishments for misconduct (or lack thereof) or prohibitions on certain messages.

So your answer is yes in regards to black lives matter stickers

I see your attempt to skirt the question, I'm just looking for a answer
    Your comparing apples to oranges though. The police, along with the military are a public entity and are a branch of the government as well as the community. BLM aren't, they are a social group. It's like asking if I would be OK with a Hells Angels or Pagans sticker on the back of an NFL helmet, and I would support any of them.

It's funny though how you keep ignoring the fact that the NFL has allowed players to show support for BLM and controversial shooting already.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast