Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Kaepernick Refusal to Stand for National Anthem Ignites Controversy

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You boss can't require that you stand during the anthem. It's a first amendment violation.
    You're correct. Where there's a will, there's a way. Ok, you suck. You're gone. Prove you were cut for another reason.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I guess my point is, he's no less cherry picking "non-oppression" than he accuses Kaepernick of cherry picking. He's just the other side of the same coin, and no it doesn't matter that he's black because he's in the minority among those of his race. He's 3rd generation military. What does he know of the struggle of an inner city black man in, say Chicago? Nothing.
    I bet there are a lot of NFL players that know more about inner city oppression than Allen West or Kaepernick. I didn't see any of them sitting.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I bet there are a lot of NFL players that know more about inner city oppression than Allen West or Kaepernick. I didn't see any of them sitting.
    They chose to protest specific instances in other ways. Unfortunately Kaepernick also has the right to be an idiot.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The NFL made the right call in regards to stickers being worn by the Dallas Cowboys for the fallen officers.

They have a set uniform code and this would set a pretty terrible precedence.

No idea why people keep mentioning this in regards to the actions of this football player, apples to oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    The NFL made the right call in regards to stickers being worn by the Dallas Cowboys for the fallen officers.

No idea why people keep mentioning this in regards to the actions of this football player, apples to oranges
    How is that sticker any different than wearing one when someone in the organization passes away?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    How is that sticker any different than wearing one when someone in the organization passes away?
    The rule is specific in regards to uniform.
    Anything worn must represent the team, team events, or team personal.

Of the Cowboys wore those, you could see some other team wearing stickers to memorialize some African American shot down unarmed. It's a slippery slope

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect

They allowed players to wear the names of the kids killed in Sandy Hook on their cleats, they allow teams to put the initials of someone on their helmets and jerseys. What is the difference? Some leagues allowed their players to wear Black Lives Matter shirts in warmups as well. They only thing they didn't allow was a sticker that was for the community, not just the police, to be worn.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    They allowed players to wear the names of the kids killed in Sandy Hook on their cleats, they allow teams to put the initials of someone on their helmets and jerseys. What is the difference? Some leagues allowed their players to wear Black Lives Matter shirts in warmups as well. They only thing they didn't allow was a sticker that was for the community, not just the police, to be worn.
    Be specific in regards to the NFL and helmet stickers and regular seasons games. Please give examples, because I don't follow the sport

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    What does being former military have to do with his thoughts on someone not standing for the anthem? I'd say it has quite alot to do with it...
    Ok if that's what you meant by the previous comment then I get it and I agree. When you said he was offended I wasn't exactly sure what you meant he was offended about.
    Regardless of his right to sit during the anthem, he works IN the NFL and FOR the SF Niners. They are his BOSS. They have league rules. They have team rules. All leagues and all teams have rules. Doesn't matter the age, sport, or whether or not they get paid. He is an employee though, and must follow the rules. If the league or the Niners had any fuckin balls, they can tell him if you sit during the anthem, you sit during the game. They have the same rights he does, only they hold the cards. If you don't like or agree with your boss, then quit.
    I agree my friend. I love all of the flack he is getting from other Players and was so proud of the way the Giants reacted by having their entire sideline standing up on the line together shoulder to shoulder.

Be specific in regards to the NFL and helmet stickers and regular seasons games. Please give examples, because I don't follow the sport
    In the NFL, a couple of New York Giants had some of the names of the kids killed in Sandy Hook on their cleats. The league also allows teams to put initials of people involved with the league/team on their helmets. The sticker that the Cowboys wanted to wear was a community sticker saying hand in hand meaning the police and community are working hand in hand. The league also allowed the St Louis Rams players to come out doing the hands up, don't shoot motion from their locker room. They also allow players to wear pink equipment during October for Breast Cancer Awareness. So they do allow teams to alter their uniforms for specific things, its not like it has never been done in the past. They also allowed the New York teams to wear NYPD, FDNY and PAPD hats on the sidelines during games on 9/11.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    In the NFL, a couple of New York Giants had some of the names of the kids killed in Sandy Hook on their cleats. The league also allows teams to put initials of people involved with the league/team on their helmets. The sticker that the Cowboys wanted to wear was a community sticker saying hand in hand meaning the police and community are working hand in hand. The league also allowed the St Louis Rams players to come out doing the hands up, don't shoot motion from their locker room. They also allow players to wear pink equipment during October for Breast Cancer Awareness. So they do allow teams to alter their uniforms for specific things, its not like it has never been done in the past. They also allowed the New York teams to wear NYPD, FDNY and PAPD hats on the sidelines during games on 9/11.
    Once again
    Please give me specifics in regards to helmet stickers and regular season games

I'm not sure why you keep speaking about tape on cleats and t shirts.

Would you be ok with a black lives matter sticker on a helmet ?

The thing with I'm is that he is protesting by not standing for the National Anthem, but what is he doing besides that. Why isn't he donating a couple of his millions to any group that would help minorities? He is uninformed in saying that a cosmetologist has more training that the police. He just wants the attention because he is a player who no one wants on their team and is over paid, and the team is looking to get rid of. This is way to claim that if the team lets him go, he can say it was because of his actions and what he sad, not because of his poor play.

Once again
    Please give me specifics in regards to helmet stickers and regular season games

I'm not sure why you keep speaking about tape on cleats and t shirts.

Would you be ok with a black lives matter sticker on a helmet ?
    I told you about the stickers on the helmets, they wear initials of someone associated with the team/league when they pass away. Its done every year by at least one team. What is the difference between having something on a helmet or other visible article of equipment? They are still altering the uniform no matter where the put it.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I told you about the stickers on the helmets, they wear initials of someone associated with the team/league when they pass away. Its done every year by at least one team. What is the difference between having something on a helmet or other visible article of equipment? They are still altering the uniform no matter where the put it.
    The NFL rules were specific that a sticker can be worn to indicate a team event (like anniversary), or to represent a member of organization (like they do in memorial).

And once again
    Are you ok with black lives matters stickers ?

Puck, here are some photos of stickers on NFL helmets. You have military, a players number honoring them and initials:

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The thing with I'm is that he is protesting by not standing for the National Anthem, but what is he doing besides that. Why isn't he donating a couple of his millions to any group that would help minorities? He is uninformed in saying that a cosmetologist has more training that the police. He just wants the attention because he is a player who no one wants on their team and is over paid, and the team is looking to get rid of. This is way to claim that if the team lets him go, he can say it was because of his actions and what he sad, not because of his poor play.
    He has a point in regards to lack of training and funding for police. Like teachers, it's simply a career that's underpaid and we don't have the best from our society pursuing that career

The NFL rules were specific that a sticker can be worn to indicate a team event (like anniversary), or to represent a member of organization (like they do in memorial).

And once again
    Are you ok with black lives matters stickers ?

Tehy have already been allowed to show support for BLM on the field and wearing shirts during pregame. Why do they allow guys to wear military stickers on the back of their helmets then?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck, here are some other photos of stickers on NFL helmets:
    The NFL had one day to wear stickers in honor of military service. Each team wore one for a day. The other stickers are former players or owners in memorial.

I'll ask one last time..

Would you be ok with a black lives matter sticker ?

He has a point in regards to lack of training and funding for police. Like teachers, it's simply a career that's underpaid and we don't have the best from our society pursuing that career

No, he specifically said tay police aren't educated, and that a cosmetologist goes for more training than police officers do. Has nothing to do with funding for police, and he was 100% wrong. I still go for training every year, its not like once your done in the academy thats all of the training you get, which was another thing he said. He specifically said police only have 6 months of training and that was it.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    No, he specifically said tay police aren't educated, and that a cosmetologist goes for more training than police officers do. Has nothing to do with funding for police, and he was 100% wrong. I still go for training every year, its not like once your done in the academy thats all of the training you get, which was another thing he said. He specifically said police only have 6 months of training and that was it.
    Cosmetologists need a two year degree no? If so, perhaps he should have said more education.

Most police academies are 4-6 months correct?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast